Dee's IF Diary

Oh that sounds nasty :( First thought is food intolerance or something womb related. Maybe see the GP next week? Does a hot water bottle on it ease it? xx

Re: Dee's Cheeky/Undecided 5:2 or JUDDD diet!

I thunk without being sick or needing the loo it can't be a bug, gonna see how it goes tomorrow and maybe see a doctor :(

Re: Dee's Cheeky/Undecided 5:2 or JUDDD diet!

Went to work apparently there is a bug going round :( still felt tender today & was a DD so 461 cals done!

Mon - 461 cals
Tues - 1209 + gym

and every morning I have been 10'12.6 ... argh I hope for a loss this week because I don't know what to do?! I just seem to be maintaining.. lessing my UD calories worked for a while but now not? meerrr....

Well I had a stressful day yesterday :( and food took over.. binged on raisins, honey nut cereal and m&ms, I know a random mix lol... but this morning I carried on with my daily weighing.. and I've lost 2 lbs! hahaa odd.

Bleeauurgh. Such a horrible month. Had to resign from my job, so been at home, trying to eat healthily rather than fasting as I know I wouldn't be able to.. I should hopefully start a new job soon, but I feel so BIG, scared to weigh in as although I think I have been good and exercised A LOT! When I weighed last after a week of exercise I was four pounds heavier .. & I must admit I have had a few miserable binging evenings.. & not been so great on the weekends..

So now I'm thinking of trying Leangains.. but for the moment doing a 10/14 fast? So 10 hr feed and 14 hr fast.. then switching to 8 hour feed...16hr fast? (hopefully when I start working again..)

So like today I had breakfast at 10.30am .. and my cut off for eating will be 8.30pm .. :)

Oh no Dee i'm so sorry to hear about your job. Hope you manage to find something soon.

I've been eating way too much on my UD's so i've added a few Fast 5 days and that has really helped me keep to my cals as i just can't get that much done me in that 5 hour window.

Good luck x

Oh Dee I'm sorry things have been so rubbish for you, draw a line under nasty month I say and look forward to July. There are a few around who are getting on quite well with the eating window, I think it can work well, especially if you adjust the window so you can't be munching during those danger times

Yeah I think cutting off will help, just need to get my life on track! Was awake all night worrying about money, I have a job but I don't start until the 1st July, which is my boyfriends birthday and my Dad's ... my birthday is the 16th and I'm just stressing about it all! I have money, but it was my savings and I don't want to use it all but I see I am going to have to use some as I don't want to keep relying on my credit card as I know I have to pay that off sooner or later!! :(

I have been exercising loads, but I have been stressing about my weight too, at the beginning of the year this was not where I expected to be! I'm a little sad as I had put effort into my diet and controlled my 500 cal days..

Monday 8hr eating window & will probably start 10.30 am - 8.30pm

whilst on the subject, anyone know of any cheap & cheerful gift ideas for boyfriend or Father? I wanna make an effort..

for my BF, we don't have our own place yet so cooking a meal/night in isn't really different or romantic as we probably wont be alone..

Yesterday was a good day.. didn't eat til 12 as I just wasn't hungry and have last meal about 7ish .. :)

12am - Whey protein with almond milk & a peach

3pm - Chicken with broccoli & peas + coffee with almond milk

ate some peanut butter & had a slice of wholemeal bread ( :eek: ) but I was actually so hungry!

6.30pm - Salmon with baby leaf salad, tomatoes & avocado ..

7pm - greek yoghurt with honey & blueberries ... was really sad because my whole pack of raspberries had mould!!

So I think 1200 cals in that 8hr period! :) no exercise as I had like 5 hrs sleep Sunday night :(

Today I started eating at 11.. I think my time will be out by an hour or so a day depending on what time I'm up (cos I was starving this morning!) until I start working next week!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I don't know what to do!!

I haven't weighed since losing my job, and now I work from home and I don't know whether to 5:2 or to do an 8hr eating window?! I have 10 weeks til my holiday and would like to lose 5-6kg maybe? Kg it sounds like less to lose, hahaa... I know I need to post more often, and I remember writing out my eating & posting pictures really motivated me before.. I like IF-ing as it controls my eating.. 5:2/JUDDD worked for me, however I just maintained this year until I drastically lowered my UD cals to like 1000-1200.. but was tired & a bit moody.. :sigh: & it wasn't good a good way to do it.

I have been sort of doing the 8hr diet, but more 10 hr eating window & I did feel slimmer in the mornings (like when I started JUDDD last year..) I guess cos I haven't weighed I am unsure how it affected loses...

It was my birthday yesterday and I kinda ate a lot lol so trying to get back on the wagon today! I'm eating healthy, adapted paleo still 80/20 and exercising a lot; lifting & running so I try to keep my protein high..

Dee was it you that booked the holiday to Egypt? I've been trying to remember?

I too am struggling with what to do, as I've realised that when I have outside stress going on I can't deal with diet stress and it's leading to diet fail mentality (just took me about 16 weeks to realise that!) I'm also getting annoyed as I seem to keep losing and gaining the same lbs but feel I am making an effort of some sort every week, totally with you on the KG's think it does sound like less LOL.

Why not give 5:2 a go, you have so little left to lose it might just be what you need?

Yesss life stress sucks..I know exactly what you mean! And it's becoming so frustrating being good and seeing no change! I totally am the same, I keep losing/gaining the same!

I am doing 8hr whilst at home I think cos I'm trying to gain control over eating and I feel comfortable with that, and will maybe go back to 5:2 (with a 14-16 hr fast hopefully) when back in an office and I can put off being "hungry" and keep my mind busy!! :eek:

Are you back here now?

Broke fast at 11.30am

Scrambled eggs, bacon & balsamic tomatoes

with my coffee & almond milk - 376 cals

Two gluten free sausages - 112 cals

Greek yoghurt with raspberries/blueberries & honey - 108 cals

Attachments

• 1374144783027.jpg
    1374144783027.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Dinner...

Grilled chicken breast with tenderstem, asparagus, peas and a djion lemon dressing :)

Attachments

• 1374166907965.jpg
    1374166907965.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 31
Exercise yesterday:

Squat 5x5 - 25kg
Overhead press 5x5 - 25kg
Barbell row 5x5 - 25kg
Pull ups 5x5 (40 counterweight)
Tricep extensions 3x12 - 9kg
Narrow arm pull downs 5x5 - 35
Lat raises 5x5 - 4kg DBs
1 min plank

steps up - 1 min
jacks - 1 min
side steps on bosu - 1 min
jack knifes - 1 min

I am so thrilled with my overhead press, it was hard and I struggled with my last rep in my last set but I had been stuck with a 20kg barbell for so long to finally move up (even if it was a struggle..) feels like such an achievement! :D my barbell row felt so easy as well, I actually had to check the weight!! I wish my gym had a squat rack :( I can't lift more than 25kg onto my shoulders but my squats are getting too eaaassyy now! My leg muscles are sore, so it should have been a tiny bit hard to squat yesterday but it really wasn't ..

oh lord the food looks good!! I have been looking at window eating as well, but of course the first week I tried it for some reason we had 2 unusually late dinners and it got mucked up! For now I am alternating VLCD with my UD's to see how I get on as my head is all over the place diet wise and other wise with all the mental stuff going on here in Cairo right now, holiday at the end of this week, so looking forward to destressing for a few weeks.

Back