Described as "this tall and this WIDE..." New me starts now!

pepshouse

:party0049:Well here I go...

Been messing around at ww and sw for the past 3 months, managed to shift 22lbs to date. Recent events have really got to me!:cry:

Long story short, all within 24 hours, to be described to my face with you are this tall and this wide, fell off my new trials bike that hubby bought to make me lose more weight (he says it will fall off me when im riding) then twisting my ankle by literally walking along a flat level surface!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Went to bariatric surgery appt on thurs 27th July 2011 (free) lady was lovely, established the bypass would be more effective for me!! But I dont want to be put to sleep, cut and butchered back into a different form (possibly my only option tho)!!

So where now??????:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Looked into a hypno band... interesting!!

So I phoned a local lady specalising in hypno banding, booked up until 23rd August 2011:doh: I dont believe it. Being rather keen to get started and money ready I am so disheartened however I have a new intention... lose 10lb before the hypnosis consultation, thats 3 weeks and 4 days!! Achieveable??? I reckon!!

Stick to sw until then and 1/2 hour a day on the cross trainer!!

Wish me luck

Here we go...;)

Hello

I read your 'experience' on the other thread, and thought how rude of that other parent, some people are just downright rude :eek:

I also can relate to knowing you are 'bigger' but thinking just maybe other people don't really notice!

We started at about the same weight, so well done on your loss so far :) I've tried and failed countless times...this time its coming off for good. My excess weight means I have no life and no lifestyle...so enough is absolutely enough.

Gastric band surgery did cross my mind at one point, but i was too scared of complications...and not waking up afterwards :eek: Hypnotherapy does seem to be successful for some people, so that may be your route, rather than the ordeal of surgery?

Have you ever thought about asking your doc for some 'help' with xencial (orlistat) tablets? On one of my many diets I tried them..and they do work..but my mind just wasn't in the right place to continue. I lost 12lbs in the first 2 weeks, by healthy eating and 3 tablets a day. I was clutching at straw and needed 'something' to kick start the weight loss..so through desperation, I asked, whilst blushing!!!!! if he could prescribe them for me. He was very supportive and gave me them, he was pleased I was finally addressing my weight issue :)

You are doing so well, 'doing what you are doing' :) though...and 10lbs is 'do-able' in 3+ weeks....and if you can lose the 10lb by then....you can go on to lose approx the same the following 3 weeks etc etc??????

keeping a diary is a great idea, it has helped me along the way, and keeps me focused!

Its all about mindset isn't it? I wish you lots of luck whatever you decide on, keep posting, i for one will be following your diary and look forward to chatting with you :)

Last edited:
First day back on track going well. Not hungry. Did the universal hypno band cd last night. I think it has helped but gonna listen again later if the boys allow the time!!
Will post later to address the whole day!

Thanks for your support fuzzydebs and rainbow rose!!

I have tried everything rainbow rose! lol. I had a course of reductil about 3 years ago from drs, do you reckon I could have it again or is it one of those meds the dr will only prescribe once?? I also have hashimotos disease (hypo-thyroidisim) have done since I was 6!!

Im gonna stick at slimming world for the time being and do the hypno band too!! If I can have reductil or olistat aswell thats 3 areas covered!!

How have you managed to lose your weight so far, you have done really really well! You must be so proud of your self!!

Keep it up, speak soon x

hey, wanted to wish you all the luck in the world hunni, its great to have a diary, even if nobody comments its still nice to go back and look at things so you can even see what triggers blips, its very useful.
I often thought about surgery too but with all the risks i am too much of a wimp to do it lol
anyway good luck and i look forward to chatting to you more.
xxx

First day back on track going well. Not hungry. Did the universal hypno band cd last night. I think it has helped but gonna listen again later if the boys allow the time!!
Will post later to address the whole day!

Thanks for your support fuzzydebs and rainbow rose!!

I have tried everything rainbow rose! lol. I had a course of reductil about 3 years ago from drs, do you reckon I could have it again or is it one of those meds the dr will only prescribe once?? I also have hashimotos disease (hypo-thyroidisim) have done since I was 6!!

Im gonna stick at slimming world for the time being and do the hypno band too!! If I can have reductil or olistat aswell thats 3 areas covered!!

How have you managed to lose your weight so far, you have done really really well! You must be so proud of your self!!

Keep it up, speak soon x

Hi again

i suppose it depends on your doctor? I know many people have asked their doc for them more than once!!! I felt too ashamed to ask again, as I had blown it last time :) BUT it was a long time ago, so the option might still be there for me, if I become 'stuck'

I am just following a healthy diet and exercising this time. I have given up many of my previous food choices, threw out the chip pan and frying pan, HAD to wean myself off takeaways, no crisps, sweets, cakes, biscuits etc etc etc :rolleyes:...and filling up with lots o fruit and veg.
I started exercising just by walking every day, then walked AND bought an exercise bike..now I am walking, 'cycling' and just from last week...zumba'ing!!!! :eek:..in the privacy of my own home with a dvd hee hee
Losing weight isn't easy is it? it takes a mountain of determination and willpower...but the feeling of it coming off is unbeatable :D

Good luck, have a great day :)

:D Thanks rr, Im of to the docs on mon!! all the help to kick start this time!!

Interesting day today;)!! Bought some new smaller plates to reduce my portion size, make me think do I really want more???
8" plates seem tiny!! However, I made paella for tea (free on sw) and would have normally piled it higher than you can imagine. But no, I stuck to my rule, no more than would fit on my new plates, realistically!! probably half what I would of normally had and guess what...I even left some! couldnt manage it all!!

So proud of myself, therefore first proper day back to it went swimmingly!!:D:D
Heres to tomorrow!!

should also add I really shouldnt have bought those cookies from asda. They are calling me from the cupboard!!

Be strong Bekki, STRONG!!:eek:

here's to another good day :)...i also use a smaller plate!..in this case, size really DOES matter ;)

Yep, definately step away from those cookies...in fact go give them to a non-dieting member of your family or a neighbour!!! :)

if you need to wean yourself off biccies..try 'pink and whites' a fat free wafer and marshmallow combination, will do you no harm..in moderation!!!

Hi Pepshouse just popping to say hello.

The smaller plate thing really does work it is a method I have been employing myself. I try to work on 25% protein, 25% carbs and 50% veggies to fill it. I also found tricks like cutting new potatoes in half really does make you feel full after only 3 potatoes.

Good luck with your journey and go back and walk past those people who made the comments and enjoy it when their eyes pop out in envy of what you have achieved.

hey hunni, i agree with the smaller plate thing, i have done this for a while, as i was feeling like when i was putting smaller portions on bigger plates i was feeling deprived, but with the smalller plates its a mind trick you fill the small plate and think you are getting the same amount as if you were having a big plate. hope that made sense.
Stay away from the cookies, be strong you know you can do it! :)
xxx

I'm so thankful for all these comments!! Having never been on anything like this before and not really knowing anyone in a similar situation makes me feel quite emotional about the whole weight loss thing!!

Also come up with another trick today!! I am a picker(big style)!! So once my boys have finished their food I have made them a squirty bottle full of washing up liquid and water for them to spray it on!! Worked an absolute treat after breakfast and lunch today!!!

Keep going everyone!! Think slim slim slim x

What a day! Been to town and as usual the children requested the dreaded mac ds!! But never mind, I can cope!! Ordered their meals and out of my mouth slipped "and a bottle of water please"! Omg I'm so proud! So I sat there watching them munch away with a massive smile on my face thinking actually I don't need this food!

Actually I did my cd again this morning and I've not eaten much at all all day! Also purchased a new wii to spark my exercise off again!

This time I will not fail...this time I'm gonna be thin!!

Hiya pepshouse :wavey:
you sound really positive so thats good, im doing the paul mckenna hypno thing and its working so far :), never was any good at sticking to a plan so this way is easier for me, well done on your loss so far, great idea with the washing up liquid.

Thats great mspiggy, I have paul mac cd's too, they really worked for me a few years back! I think you just need to remember to keep listening to them when you feel yourself slip!! ;)

Im so excited, I have managed to move my hypno band forward to next Wed eve!!! No need to wait until 23rd august now!! :cool:

Im even contempating buying myself a smaller size item of clothing to work my way towards!! What do you reckon good idea or just wishful thinking???

Keep smiling xx:D:D

Well done on your loss so far,Hun!

Good luck with the rest of your journey!! x

My sons 13th birthday today yay!!!! He has decided he would like an indian for tea tonight!! Any ideas on the best option! Remember it needs to fit on an 8" plate!!

Keep smiling x

Back