Diary of a bouncing back ww'er

Jaly said:
Ooh, sounds fab! Not too much culinary proess needed to conjure up something at least edible with gammon/chicken/salmon.. then again, we are talking about a man! Haha!

Haha, exactly!!! He has absolutely no flair in the kitchen whatsoever!! The only thing he ever makes is a bowl of cornflakes. Now you now know why I am so worried lol xx

Hm, cornflakes, well, that's only one step away from beans on toast so at least he has some grounding! :p

You'll have to give him recipes with pictures and step-by-step instructions and he'll still be coming into you every 5 mins "are you sure i'm supposed to add 2 teaspoons of oil?" "how do I know which one's the rosemary?!" "do you think this is cooked yet?" "how do you peel an onion?" :p xx

Don't worry though, am sure he'll cope fine :) You just concentrate on recovering and giving your body some well deserved rest!

Jaly said:
Hm, cornflakes, well, that's only one step away from beans on toast so at least he has some grounding! :p

You'll have to give him recipes with pictures and step-by-step instructions and he'll still be coming into you every 5 mins "are you sure i'm supposed to add 2 teaspoons of oil?" "how do I know which one's the rosemary?!" "do you think this is cooked yet?" "how do you peel an onion?" :p xx

Don't worry though, am sure he'll cope fine :) You just concentrate on recovering and giving your body some well deserved rest!

Haha. You know, I was reading your comments & it's my hubby's voice in my head that was saying it!!! What your saying is SO true. He said that he'll be running into me every 2 seconds asking questions.
Thank you for your best wishes, it means a lot xx

Spent most of the day in the kitchen today, but I did manage to out for a walk & stretch the legs as it will be a while before I can do that again. Eek!!

Breakfast 9pp
Cornflakes 6pp
Milk 3pp

Lunch 7pp
Left over tagine from yesterday 5pp
4 biscotti 2pp

Dinner 13pp
Cod, scallop & prawns in a Mushroom sauce 5pp
Potatoes 4pp
Peas 1pp
Fudge 3pp

Going to have a snack as well tonight as after midnight I have to fast. No more food for me until after my op which will be around late afternoon. Gulp!!!
Updated - snack 8pp
2 crumpets. 5pp
Jam 1pp
Butter 1pp
Ww'er yogurt 1pp

Todays totals are -

37pp used, 29 dailies & 8 weeklies. Weeklies balance now 41pp

I can't see me being on this tomorrow so I hope you all have a lovely day & we will catch up soon x

Last edited:
Thank you all for your kind words & best wishes. It means a lot :)
Here's a little update on what's been happening the last 2 days.
I had to fast from Tuesday night & report to hospital for 8am. Why is it when you're told you can't have something (food) you really really want it??
Anyway, I was told that I wouldn't be operated on until at least 4pm & the only thing I was allowed was water!!! I was starving. They removed a golf ball sized piece of tissue from my womb so at least I shouldn't be in pain any more :-D
After my op, a nurse made me 2 slices of toast with REAL butter & a cup of tea. It was so delicious & I wolfed it down lol. Once home I had a sandwich, cup of tea, twix & a yogurt. I didn't use all my dailies but I really wasn't up for a meal, a sandwich was enough.. I used 24 out of my 29 dailies.

Back on plan today. Hubby looking after me & he's had to weigh & measure all my food lol. So far I have had -

Breakfast 8pp
Cornflakes 6pp
Milk 2pp

Lunch 9pp
2 slices hovis best of both thick sliced 6pp
Ham 1pp
Lurpak light 1pp
Tomato
Ww'er yogurt 1pp

Dinner 12pp
Roast chicken 6pp
Potatoes 5pp
Veg & gravy

Snack 3pp
1 pancake 2pp
Jam 1pp

He must be thinking I'm still starving lol. I had a mountain of new potatoes on my plate. He asked me if he was to put a certain amount on my plate or just put them in then tell me the weights. I said put them on then tell me. I thought it would be easier for him lol.
All this weighing everything is going to drive him nuts!!

Todays totals 32pp. 29 dailies & 3weeklies.
Weeklies total now 38pp

Last edited:
Glad all went well with the operation and you are home and resting :0) well done on your food intake :0)
That's great news that you won't be in any pain nomore :0)

Mine things it's amusing when I weigh now - he tells everyone and even jokes when we are out of I brought my scales!! Pleased the op went well. Rest well and enjoy being looked after xx

bulldogdaisy said:
Lol bout the weighing,mine has to if he is cooking dinner!

Glad to hear you've got your hubby trained lol

mrsgosling3 said:
Mine things it's amusing when I weigh now - he tells everyone and even jokes when we are out of I brought my scales!! Pleased the op went well. Rest well and enjoy being looked after xx

Lol, men eh? Mine hasn't got to that stage yet but give him time!! He commented on my weight loss last night when I was getting into bed, I felt sore & rough but it made me feel good about myself :-D
xx

Hazykay said:
Lol, men eh? Mine hasn't got to that stage yet but give him time!! He commented on my weight loss last night when I was getting into bed, I felt sore & rough but it made me feel good about myself :-D
xx

Aw nice that he did that..just at the right time for you aswell :0)

bulldogdaisy said:
Aw nice that he did that..just at the right time for you aswell :0)

Yep a confidence boost when I wasn't exactly looking my best!! I was still under anaesthetic, hair was everywhere, I was stooped over like a 90 year old & felt like crap but hey, the other half (who doesn't notice anything) said he saw a difference. Yee ha, the hard work is paying off :-D

Back