Total Solution Diary of a dieting doc!

I hear that ! I can go 12 hours at work and forget to eat and drink, very unhealthy. Once at home on the sofa... well thats it. Thank goodness for the forum! Sending you strength for your last few days. Be proud, you've done so well.

Hi Laura
Good luck with the WI tomorrow.:D
Mere x

See it's mornings like this I'm glad I persisted.

Got a cracking headache, think its caffeine withdrawal after my day off work in bed yesterday.

Just having espresso and shake watching the news, then off to rowing.

Oh yes, the scales:

171.2!!!

Hoooooray!!! This means 17.2 lbs in 25 days, so pleased. Would still love to get to 168 before Friday, but I'll settle for 169 which would be 20lbs.

Onwards and downwards!

L x

That's fantastic Laura, really glad your hard work is paying off. Rowing sounds a fun way to exercise too. Bit nippy this morning. Well done !

Thanks Angel! Yes was a bit nippy but glorious sunshine and flat water so was lovely.

Just realised I've sold myself short in my earlier post, I've actually lost 17.8 lbs since 1st Jan, yay!!

L x

Thats great Laura :D
Friday.... thats 6 days away... .... another 2.2lbs by then is very doable chick :D
I'm looking forward to see how you get on in slimming world Laura... it will be very interesting... I think SW, is quite possibly the only diet I haven't tried :)

Ahahahaaa!!!

Ouch!!! Have added too much chilli powder to the mushroom soup and its a liiiiiittle on the hot side!!

Never mind, means I'm downing loads of water at the same time!!

L x

Hi Laura
You are doing so well. I hope you have recovered from the hot soup!
Mere x

Hi guys!

Lol yes the chilli mushroom soup was quite a scorcher!!

Stayed at parents last night as doing a locum today at my old hospital near their place.

Made the slightly daft error of weighing in this morning on mums scales... When it came up as 176 I actually just laughed!! There's no way I've put on 4.5lbs overnight so I'm ignoring it and will WI tomorrow morning at home on my own scales...

Gotta keep my fluid intake up, that's defo my biggest hurdle!!

Hope everyone's doing well,

L x

Always best to weigh in on the same scales! :D Good luck with the WI tomorrow.
Mere x

Hahaha :D
Just shows its how they are calibrated ;)

It probably doesn't help that the feet on my mums one were pretty dirty! Dog hair and lack of use, I doubt they're anywhere near calibrated correctly!!

Wow I can't believe it's the end of day 27! One more day ill have done 4 weeks solid, not managed a run like that since LL back in Feb 2010 after I got dumped!!

Not going to lie I am starting to find it harder now, maybe it's because I'm sooo close to finishing!!

4 days (well, night shifts) to go!!

L x

Oh wow Laura !!
I always find nightshift easier, for some reason...
I always can do the high protein no carb thing so easily then ....................
I hope you can do the same over the next 4 days :)

Hi guys!

Lol yes the chilli mushroom soup was quite a scorcher!!

Stayed at parents last night as doing a locum today at my old hospital near their place.

Made the slightly daft error of weighing in this morning on mums scales... When it came up as 176 I actually just laughed!! There's no way I've put on 4.5lbs overnight so I'm ignoring it and will WI tomorrow morning at home on my own scales...

Gotta keep my fluid intake up, that's defo my biggest hurdle!!

Hope everyone's doing well,

L x

My friend Asked me to check my weight (16.8 on my scales) on her wii fit board because her dads scales added a stone to her fit board. Her fit board is fine as it said I was 16.8 and I had clothes on so can -2lb for that. I put my scales in the same marked place on my bathroom floor and always go by them only xx

Thanks Marge! Have to say the night shift routine means I'm quite disciplined when I'm in the zone, but if not the midwives usually bring soooo many snacks and goodies in its no wonder i keep piling in the pounds!!

Lol wow Muffy a whole stone, that's mad!! Very easy to get disheartened if you start changing scales isn't it?

Well that 176 from yesterday can do one, just WI this morning...

170.0!!!

Was really hoping for sub 170 and that's pretty bloody close!! Very pleased, that's 19lbs in 27 days and I feel sooo much better for it.

Final WI will prob be Thurs 31st before nights, as I intend to celebrate finishing a whole month of Exante with a healthy breakfast and latte! So fingers crossed for 2lbs off by then, lol!!

Keep going everyone it's worth it!!

L x

Fab news Laura well done xx

Thats very good Laura :D
Very good indeedy :D
Half a week left to go for you, so not impossilbe to get another wee loss before Thursday ;)

Well done Laura, hard to believe the month is nearly gone already. Night shift 3am munches.. I keep my bar for then and nibble it, yum. I seem to be able to resist all the goodies everyone else brings in usually with no problem, Especially if they are peanut butter based (yuk). I just dont drink enough. Have a great couple of shifts and good luck for Thursday, can't wait to hear your final tally.

Hello all!! Pleased to report a good shift on the old numbers today...

168.4lbs!!

Means I'm only 0.4lbs away from 1.5 stone!! Super chuffed. 2 more weigh ins really hope to be in the 11s by then...

Plus TOTM is due plus not been to toilet for a good week despite benefiber and dulcolax!! Fingers crossed for action on that front sooner rather than later... Keep going everyone!!

L x

Back