Diary Transfer

They say things like BMI aren't a 'one fits all' guide. Take Peter Crouch - lanky as a beanpole, almost 7ft! He's probably got a strange BMI.

I would love to be taller. Im a stumpy 5ft 3! BMI is not always a good indication as atheletes tend to have high BMI's due to higher than normal muscle mass.

Sorry you had a bad night. I hope it doesn't' ruin you day. Take care.

Loz x
as

Well im definitely not morbidly skinny!
I cannot believe you haven't weighed yourself yet. We need to see figures!

I wrote a reply yesterday (it isnt here?) saying I was going to buy some scales because I was finding it slightly more challenging to stay on plan and I didnt want to ruin my 100% streak haha. I bought some eggs, telling myself if I ate eggs it wasn't stepping off the plan, but it would have been if I hadn't had a proper meal instead of a product. Anyways, I noticed it as a fib I was telling myself so I was honest and decided I needed more motivation to stick to plan. I felt like i'd lost 2 stone, but I was a bit worried if I weighed I wouldn't have. I had no idea what that was in kg so it was arbitrary really lol.

I bought some scales, I weighed and I was 112kg. Thats 12kg loss. I looked it up in stone to see if my plan works - to try and be more in tune with my body and know whats going on with it - and it wasn't too far off 2 stone. Extra chuffed the plan is working because it will make sustainability much easier.

I definitely feel way more motivated now!!!
FCF6372F-F0DD-4C10-94CA-4079F16ACB60.JPG

Last edited:
Well done on taking that plunge for yourself and getting the scales.
That and taking a photo of yourself is one of the hardest things in my mind to do.

however once you do that.
You reach a level of acceptance on how you are and don’t want to look back in proceeding forward.

from what I have read so far you really are going for this and I’m sure you will succeed.

plus eggs are awesome wooooo :D

Oh my word that is wonderful news! 12kg wow! It's so cool as well working out how to move your ticker along too isn't it!? That's so good, really proud of you!
Interestingly I have been without skimmed milk for about 4 days now (have a shop coming tomorrow) and on Monday I had semi skimmed in my tea. I had five cups of tea on Monday (when not working, that's quite usual) but it's an extra 47 cals instead of skimmed. I worked out then that I had had about 200 cals more on Monday, just in tea! When you are on a low calorie diet, that's quite a big jump. Luckily, I found some skimmed powdered milk we bought a few weeks ago and have transferred to that. I also haven't been having the shakes for lunch from diet chef as I need 250mls of skimmed milk and I just don't have it.
Anyway, this is your time to shine!
Well done!
x

Hey Strawberry, good to meet you :) that’s interesting :) I don’t find those parts hard. This time I actively decided to not go by weight every week to be more connected to my felt-sense and somatic experience of being in my body. I’ve done a lot of trauma work and it’s like a final step of returning to being aware of it. The numbers don’t mean much if you can’t feel them and the changes so I wanted to see how it felt to not chase them and to go by feel and sight and different ways of ‘measuring’. It was great to weigh to confirm that I am in fact much more in tune with my body and what’s happening to it. Don’t think I will weigh for another three or four weeks. I really want to lose the association of numbers on a scale and feeling good and all that. That said, it’s hard to do when it feels good to do well. More habit to undo for sure haha. Really trying very hard this time to notice and observe everything, the patterns, habits, fibs and al that, so I can slowly build a new foundation.

Hey Ben, that’s crazy about the milk!! Can you just have black or herbal tea or black coffee? No milk then. Saying that though, a good cuppa is really good for helping to stay on track. I used to buy one extra CD vanilla milk shake and use it for one ‘milky tea’ a day for two weeks. Used to help loads. The other day before I bought eggs, I wanted to eat the Easter egg someone delivered to me but I had a sweetener in a coffee (don’t usually) and it was enough to silence my niggle brain haha.

Very happy that the work is paying of... the mental/emotional and the practical stuff. Forgot to write earlier that I tried the lemon pancakes today and it was quite exciting to chew something other than a bar. Daughter wanted to steal them though. No chance lol.

It re-dawned in me earlier that overeating is a mechanism of survival instinct for some. If you’re living in survival mode because of current or past (feeling current) trauma then your nervous system will be in a state of getting as much fuel as it can to sustain the survival patterns. They take up a lot of energy because they’re only meant to happen in short bursts usually.

It’s all really fascinating!!

With CD they don't really allow you having milk I know, but my consultant said I could have skimmed in.
Now I'm on DC - I know I am having around 1200 calories a day so I should be looking at a 1-2lb weight loss each week. I might try some clothes on tomorrow to see if they feel any looser, that always perks me up and keeps me on the straight and narrow.

On old Cambridge step 1b was same as a but you could have milk. Think it’s step 2 and above for milk these days. Clothes are always great for a boost aren’t they?! 1-2 lb is a much more ‘normal’ /healthy kind of pace to lose to maintain really I think. Maintaining rapid loss is hard because the lifestyle changes don’t settle in unless you stay on the straight and narrow a long time.

You’re doing great :) we all are!

I am back in work on Monday. Haven't been in for three weeks so I am hoping that, dressed in casuals, people will notice a difference.
I tried one of my TM Lewin shirts on this morning and still just a little tight. I do normally wear tight fitting shirts anyway but not this tight! However, all my M&S shirts will surely now fit which is great.
Yes you are right with the healthy weight loss, that's not a reason we choose these diets though are they! However, we do lose weight in inches/cms so that must be happening. I wished I had done some of the Davina ones though. I signed up for the 30 days two weeks ago but just haven't bothered. That's one good reason to go to work on Monday, actually do some walking around!

A bit less tight is still progress. People will definitely notice in work :) You'll feel great. Just notice for them looking more than usual because sometimes people dont like to mention weight but you can see they've noticed.

Aw thanks!

Tonight I have binge watched 'Fat Families' on YouTube. Do you remember that? I like Steve Millar's style. No nonsense and with medical information to back up. It made me look up Dominos takeaways. I love a Dominos but actually they are really expensive. I know that CD/DC are expensive but I have definitely saved on takeaways. What about you?
Takeaways were always £25-35 pounds (just for the two of us).
So I am on calorieking.com at the moment. 721 calories in 3 spices of a pizza. I would wolf down three pieces in 2 minutes (max) and that would be a ridiculous amount of calories.
I must say, I do feel though like I am on a rollercoaster, slowly going up the steep high ride and when I tip over (i.e. maintaining) I have no one to keep me company. :(

Week four ends nigh! It has gone painfully slow but incredibly fast too. Mad to think we've been on lockdown the entire time. I weighed today and it had changed very minimally, if at all. I couldn't really tell as it changed every time I moved due to manual scales. That made me feel a little despondent even though I only weighed a few days ago and had lost almost 2 stone!! I took my pictures and I felt like I was bigger even though I wasn't and that is the very reason I do not want to get into the habit of weighing. So if I feel the urge to weigh again before another 3 or 4 weeks, they're going in the bin! Me no like that mindf*ck association they have - the power to change you from feeling good or bad and affect even your vision! Nahhh no fun. Sticking with my measuring and my sight without regular scale hopping.

50A607CA-6591-4E60-B3C8-7854C6B1C545.JPG

ANYWAY. I have lost 1 1/2 inches. It might have been 2 but I don't know if I measured my thigh properly. Its really hard to measure some parts of yourself consistently in the same place haha. Thats a good loss. And i've done a month pretty much (4 weeks is basically a month right?) at 100%. Proud of that :) The house is full of cake, biscuit, crisps, pasta, snacks... all the stuff that is my downfall... even easter eggs... they've been untouched but for my daughter. I have faith and hope that I can trust myself to better look after myself when I want to maintain. I never really fully worked up through the steps when on cambridge but I am going to use those steps but with exante products this time for sure. My plan will be to change to 3 products one meal a day, then 2 products, one snack and a bigger meal, then breakfast, salad, dinner and 2 products, or something like that, for a couple of weeks at each step to see how I get on and if I can maintain instead of gain or lose. Perhaps I might lose some of the final weight at a higher number of calories too for increased practice at making more sensible and less impulsive food choices. I'd also like to do some exercise and tone up later on and before i've finished losing because I remember when I did that before it seemed like I wasn't losing weight but I was sort of just losing weight and gaining muscle so I want to be aware of that in a way I wasn't last time. Measurements will come into their own then I suppose.

So i've talked myself back into the long and committed game, which weighing scales can crash and burn in one little step. If ever I can weigh and it be pure fact, not a derailing story of self sabotage, I may befriend scales again. Until then, they are not friends. I must love all of myself, regardless of number!

Last edited:
Tonight I have binge watched 'Fat Families' on YouTube. Do you remember that? I like Steve Millar's style. No nonsense and with medical information to back up. It made me look up Dominos takeaways. I love a Dominos but actually they are really expensive. I know that CD/DC are expensive but I have definitely saved on takeaways. What about you?
Takeaways were always £25-35 pounds (just for the two of us).
So I am on calorieking.com at the moment. 721 calories in 3 spices of a pizza. I would wolf down three pieces in 2 minutes (max) and that would be a ridiculous amount of calories.
I must say, I do feel though like I am on a rollercoaster, slowly going up the steep high ride and when I tip over (i.e. maintaining) I have no one to keep me company. :(

Sorry Ben, I didnt see that reply until now!! I don't think I ever saw that but I remember Bootcamp and things like it. I liked the 30 day Shred exercise DVD that someone called Jillian made from it. Ahhhh yes!! It bothers me, the idea of calorie counting forever, but when I did it before and logged everything I ate in myfitnesspal, it really helped me think about what I was eating. I could make a super filling higher step cambridge meal for 350 odd calories or I could have had a doughnut which would make me more hungry in time, grumpy and all that bad for a sugar hit high that lasted minutes before i'd forgotten id eaten it or wanted more. I downloaded myfitness pal recently to use it when I start working my weigh (ha oops) up. Like the scales though... I don't want to one day become obsessed with calorie counting... I want to learn to feel and sense and so on.. but a tool to measure as you learn is helpful and it is just a tool I suppose. Its the associations you give them.

I used to eat sooo much dominos before I did cambridge the first time!!! And red bull. yucky drink!!

Why won't you have anyone to keep you company? Do you mean on here? Stay and talk to us. You don't have to go to maintain. Its probably the most important time to stay in places that keep you motivated, at least for a settling in chunk of time anyway.

Hi! Don't worry about missing my message!
I was working today and I was so happy to be out of the fla.t I walked with vigour and when I went into school, people obviously hadn't seen me for a while and there were several comments about my weight loss. Yay! Good stuff.
Need to continue really. I had a great weight loss today (1.4kg) and I am so close to my goal. I have got here about 4 weeks earlier than I thought I would do so I'm not going to kick myself if I stay the same this week. I just keep drinking so much water though, I find it quite easily, luckily.
I do have the water flavourings still from CD and I do find them helpful (although a little bit sweet)
Anyway,
I won't be going anywhere!

Ahhh that’s awesome!! Must have felt so good for people to notice :) and super goal close is really exciting and inspiring. Well done on your loss today as well. Good day all round by the sounds!!

I took a look on the WW website to maybe order some low calorie treats. But it's a faff to order, wouldn't work!

Sounds like you’rea god cook, why don’t you look up some recipes? Or create some? I really want to learn sugar less cake And cake made with veg etc when I’m done.

I was sooooooo close to eating an Easter egg yesterday. It had been a rubbish day and I was so bored. I weighed, which was a bad idea in case it had gone badly cause I probably would have eaten the egg but I’d lost 2 more kg. I’m really really regretting buying scales.

I read above as it was a good idea you having scales, because you saw you lost weight and didnt give in!

Back