Diary Transfer

Woo hoo well done on another great loss. You can really see the difference from your middle and your posture too!

Good luck for the coming week 🍀

My daughter has an apple watch, she's an apple fan, whereas me and the OH prefer Samsung. I've had various fitbits, from the basic tracker to their smartwatch - much cheaper than apple too. I suppose it depends on what you want it to do, ie track steps and calories - then you don't need a smartwatch. Or, for it to do everything on top of that, heart rate, GPS, Google or apple pay, calls, texts etc, then maybe you do 🙄

I've currently got the Samsung galaxy watch, I was fed up with my fitbit versa 2, which doesn't have GPS, so I had to connect it to my phone to track walks. Only for it to change the distance if I'd been off the path - grrrrr.

My new exante order came today. I ordered wayyyyy more variety this time to stop be from feeling bored! Hope I like them all, but even if I don't theres not much of anything compared to the last one! I have menstrual cycle today and i've had horrible headaches and painful hunger, same as last time, so i've decided that at this first day each cycle I will have a small amount of extra protein, which helped. Not sure if I get a bit anaemic or something, but hey ho. So today i've had 2 hard boiled eggs and the usual products. Back to usual tomorrow! I've been contemplating from 8 or 10 weeks changing to 3 products and the 200 cal meal for a couple of weeks before I increase my calories a little after the 12 weeks. If I remember right its not recommended to follow a VLCD for longer than 12 weeks without a break. I shall see closer to the time, but good to figure out a vague plan I guess. My friend said she might start exante after payday. She's doing keto diet but not sachet fake food lol

View attachment 195526View attachment 195528
View attachment 195529
View attachment 195527

Quite excited by this diverse array of basically fake food hahaha!!!

I entered some more writing into a competition today. I think being in control of myself in respect of this diet is motivating, and reminding me that I can do more good stuff and things in other areas. Make the most of lockdown, so to speak! Gonna go have a bath now and mope about like the hormonal woman that I am. (Actually feeling good... just watched American Idol and was quite amazed how they managed to do it live (I watched recording) across the whole of America from the contestant homes. Clever technology. The world is going to be so crazy different after all this. I hope so anyway, it needed change.

Hi, you're doing amazingly, good on you. And well done for picking up your writing again. Regaining control over everything has really helped me mentally. I'm still on the CD shakes and it's going well, but on week 5 now and would like more choice (will prob stick to shakes/bars rather than meals) . My 'consultant' is more a sales person (only hear from her when she's dropping in the area) than a consultant so thought might be worth mixing it up with some cheaper Exante products that don't have the support costed in. Are there any shakes you can recommend? I fancy coconut so good to hear if you've tried and liked this, or which ones are worth trying/missing. I compared the sugar carbs when you first mentioned Exante and decided against them as they seemed higher, but it's working for you, so thought heck, why not.

Congratulations and well done on your weight loss 👏👏👏

Your photo’s are inspirational, it’s amazing the difference in such a short time.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi sorry I have been away! How are we doing?!

Sorry folks!! I got emails about these replies but they were hidden from me until now!!
Thanks everyone for the well wishes/congratulations. Chuffed with the progress. The posture change for me is almost more rewarding than the loss/shape. I was in sooooo much pain all the time. I felt like I was waddling like you do right before labour and my body under that much pressure. Something had to change!!

They’re so pricey, those apple watches. I don’t know if I’ll get any type of fitness sporty watch for now. The main reason I wanted one is because I’m being referred for tests after lockdown to see if I have this thing called POTS where your heart rate is a bit feral when stood up, but I decided I’ll only get one if I’m diagnosed with it or else I’ll just get obsessive checking it and worrying lol.

I’d definitely recommend having a look at exante. They always have offers on. I get the £95 for 100 products and everything is 95p a go. Lasts me 25 days if I’m at 4 products. I’ll keep getting that deal if it stays but it’ll last a longer time as Ifollow the Cambridge steps using exante products to build up calories haha. That’s interesting about the different contents, I only changed cause they seemed lower in everything. Either way, they work better for me for staving off hunger than new style CD ones were. I was resenting not getting the moneys worth for the support whilst simultaneously not needing or wanting it. Exante seemed a perfect option. I haven’t had a product I don’t like yet apart from shepherds pie. I haven’t tried a coconut shake as I didn’t think they’d be nice hot but I might get one to add coffee to to try haha. The peanut bar needs to be crispy and I got fed up of the butternut squash soup. I love the pancakes for a change, and the curry and spaghetti boll are probably the beat two meals, but the carbonara isn’t bad. Shepherds pie bleugh! They’re all on par if not a little better than CD stuff. And giant leap in choice. I have all my shakes hot and I have them at the end of the day like you might have a hot chocolate. I added meals around week 5 or 6 I think.. my second exante order anyway. Plan to switch up to one food meal and three products at some stage during my next box of products. Maybe at 10 weeks. Will see how it feels at the time! Will spend a few weeks at that before adding more calories then so I can do a bit more exercise than the none that you should do haha.

Hi Mini, thank you :) I’m so glad I took the pictures. They help me so much when I think things aren’t changing much.

Hey Ben, all good! How’s it going your end?

I found this picture earlier and found it rather motivating. I don't think I was somewhere between 13 and 14 stone here... but I actually cannot remember for sure. Wish I had a record! I'd done 12 weeks 100% on soul source of cambridge diet anyways.
IMG_0761.JPG

Hey there :) yep all good thanks. How are you doing? Hope all is well! I’m allllmost finished decorating my daughters room. Been wallpapering yesterday and today. Am allowing a couple of sausages today and yesterday because of feeling weak and feeble on so few calories while doing lots. :)

Attachments

• A33D595C-891C-4892-929C-CEA7039312E5.jpeg
    A33D595C-891C-4892-929C-CEA7039312E5.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
HI everyone, how are we doing?
I've been binge watching 'It's your fault I'm fat' have any of you seen it? It's on 5star. I've watched 2 series in about three days. Teenagers who are morbidly obese. It's quite good.
My sister sent me some brownies as a nice present so I have managed one a day so far and put the rest away.
I downloaded myfitnesspal and have used it for 4 days now. It's quite good. I do need to exercise though.
You'll be better informed than me ladies, have you used Couchto5K at all? I have downloaded it... but that normally means i don't go any further than that!

Ohh I haven’t even heard of that! Glad you’re enjoying it. How’s it all going? That’s a nice and very tempting present indeed haha. Well done on only binging the tv haha. I tried couch to 5k but whenever I run I injure myself. I think if I ever tried again I’d go to the chiropractor for a few months before hand so all my parts are in the right place 😂 app seemed good though. I liked the 30day shred dvd but it’s quite femaley haha. I found MyFitnessPal really helpful before to become more aware of my choices and their contents etc. I was clueless prior. Will use it again. I like yoga sometimes but I can’t get into it with my daughter around and too tired at night. there’s probably tonnes of great apps. I seem to remember a good Nike one. You could learn to do new dance styles on YouTube too. Bet there’s loads of tutorials. Do summit fun haha. Unless running is fun to you obviously.

Ohh I haven’t even heard of that! Glad you’re enjoying it. How’s it all going? That’s a nice and very tempting present indeed haha. Well done on only binging the tv haha. I tried couch to 5k but whenever I run I injure myself. I think if I ever tried again I’d go to the chiropractor for a few months before hand so all my parts are in the right place 😂 app seemed good though. I liked the 30day shred dvd but it’s quite femaley haha. I found MyFitnessPal really helpful before to become more aware of my choices and their contents etc. I was clueless prior. Will use it again. I like yoga sometimes but I can’t get into it with my daughter around and too tired at night. there’s probably tonnes of great apps. I seem to remember a good Nike one. You could learn to do new dance styles on YouTube too. Bet there’s loads of tutorials. Do summit fun haha. Unless running is fun to you obviously.

All good but no fun on your own!

Hi 😁

I hope you don't mind me jointing this thread.

I have a medical exam coming up to get a visa to move to Australia soon (although with quarantining etc it's hard to know when) 😂. And I'm terrified of my BMI being a problem, I can't imagine it would be, but it gave me the motivation to try exante.

I've decided not to weigh myself for the time being, I can get a bit obsessive. But I am looking forward to my clothes fitting a bit better!

I'm on day 2 and I'm absolutely ravenous! All I could think about yesterday was food 🌭🌯🥘!!! From what I understand this gets better after a few days when you start ketosis. How long did it take you guys to start ketosis and did you find it helped you obsess over food a bit less?

@zippygeorgeandben I've watched that programme too, definitely binge worthy.

My work colleague did the C25K at the beginning of lockdown and is now running 5k four times a week. A reall achievement, from struggling to jog for a minute 🙂

@zippygeorgeandben I've watched that programme too, definitely binge worthy.

My work colleague did the C25K at the beginning of lockdown and is now running 5k four times a week. A reall achievement, from struggling to jog for a minute 🙂

I did day one today..

Hey @JCrosby, sorry, I didnt see your reply!! Welcome to the club!! Hope you're not still ravenous but it DEFINITELY gets better within 5 days (thats usually my most so long as I havent eaten carbs). Its worth it in the end because then theres only mental hunger and habits. Hope you're hanging in there. Good luck with your visa. Are you moving or travelling? I think i'd die of heatstroke there haha!!

Diary update...
I realised that apart from a phone that I got cause I broke one, I haven't had any rewards. Not that a new phone isn't a reward haha. My bedroom has been pitiful since we moved in, I prioritised decorating and furnishing everywhere else (still not finished) and I have no bed, mismatched dodgy furniture and my wardrobe is basically full of my daughters stuff or things that need to be stored. I decided to make way for more 'me'. I ordered a bed, a dressing table (somewhere to sit and make an effort with feeling good about myself) and a bedside table. I'll have to get one for the other side another time haha. I am very excited!! :D Today also installed the roman blind I had made a while ago. Now when my daughter goes into her room in a few weeks (all going well), I will have a nice space for myself instead of a mattress on the floor!

Definitely made up for the fact that almost allllll of my rewards cannot happen because of lockdown!!! I might take a new look at them and see how the rewards can fit into a bigger picture of self care and nurturing longer term. A way of saying to myself 'i matter, I am worth taking care of, I deserve to have good, to feel good and to enjoy things'.

Back