Diary Transfer

Hopefully not too many! Some girls can switch between your best friend and enemy number one somehow. It's all about them findings their own way. I've been really lucky with my daughter though to be fair. We lived on our own until she was around 2 1/2 and now at almost 18, I can honestly say she's not been too much trouble. Any problems we have had have been related to other girls picking on her when she started secondary school and even some boys too. Those 'friends' were soon set aside and the boy that kept pushing her and tripping her over was shoved back and they became good friends.

You do indeed @FaeFaeFiFi :)

Gosh Iā€™m dreading many things haha! Weā€™ve been on our own since I was pregnant too. Kinda hard to imagine not being. Hopefully Iā€™ll do a goodnight job that she will be happy or at least confident. But not so confident sheā€™s a horror and a terror haha

Iā€™m glad your daughter is doing well and knows what she is worth :)

Hey @JCrosby, sorry, I didnt see your reply!! Welcome to the club!! Hope you're not still ravenous but it DEFINITELY gets better within 5 days (thats usually my most so long as I havent eaten carbs). Its worth it in the end because then theres only mental hunger and habits. Hope you're hanging in there. Good luck with your visa. Are you moving or travelling? I think i'd die of heatstroke there haha!!

Thank you ā¤ My partner was offered a three year work visa for both of us. We'd both like to have kids in the next few years, so we wanted to take the opportunity to travel while it's still a bit easier.

Lovely to hear your making space for yourself as well as your daughter's beautiful bedroom!

Diary
Currently on day 4. Hunger has definitely subsided a bit over the last couple of days, I don't think I could have continued Exante if I continued to be that hungry! Hoping it will continue to get a bit easier, still having loud hunger pangs.

Finding shakes a bit sweet, think I'll order some savoury products next week - does anyone have any recommendations for the meals or soups?

If you're on day 4 you are going over the worse bit, well done!

Ahhh thatā€™s definitely a good idea to get some travel in first. Wish Iā€™d done that!!! How exciting :) Iā€™d love to visit there but really donā€™t tolerate heat well. Not even ours lol.
Glad youā€™re feeling less hungry now! It definitely does improve for sure and then you just have to observe the mental hunger habit stuff!! :) good work. Day 3/4 was always the hardest for me if I didnā€™t cut carbs first.

This is actually my personal diary post just so you know haha. You can set one up for yourself in the diary section of the exante part of the forum :)

PS.My least favourite things are shepherds pie and butternut squash soup. Got bored of the latter but the pie is just gross imo. Havenā€™t had any other soups or meals I didnā€™t like. Curry and spaghetti bol are probably my favourite.

Diary: Iā€™m finding the evenings very empty this week and I know id be stuffing my face usually. A few times lately Iā€™ve gone to swap my planned a meal for a bar or a dessert product because it was a stressful day/time and Iā€™ve stopped myself every time. Reminding myself that food is not a stress reliever, food is nutritional and necessary. There are better, healthier and more beneficial things to do for stress. Iā€™ve been using music and movement to try and sorta shake out the shitty feelings that might usually make me scoff junk. Seems to be helping but have had a hard week. Have done a lotttt of work around the house though so maybe Iā€™m just shattered and in need of self care. Junk food is also not self care, nor take out etc. Trying to rewire the habits and the old choices, one at a time, that got me so unhealthy in the first place. Tomorrow is the end of week 8, measure, photo, maybe weigh tomorrow! This week has flown by.

Last edited:
1.5 inches and 2 kgs off this week for week 8. 27 inches and 22kgs in 8 weeks. Or 68.5cm and 3.4 stone. Not bad at all, ey? I find it weird how I can seem to look bigger than the week before, but weigh less. I think gluten and dairy ingredients are a big culprit. I've always been very sensitive to them and usually cut them out entirely but cannot if I want choice on this diet. Feel wiped out today!!! Think I need to force myself into some rest for a couple of days.

Pat on that back to me for another good week! I think my mood went down hill when I saw it was shepherds pie for lunch haha. Oh well, only one left out of the three I ordered and I never have to eat it again. Another reason I am making myself stick to what I determine when the order arrives is that I always have soooo much food waste at the end of the shop because I have eaten what I fancied or had takeaway because what I had planned or what was left wasn't exciting enough. Trying to retrain to eat what I need to eat to not waste, to keep costs down and to be healthier.

E75701C1-C9F6-401A-904B-E727C4B9B28C.JPG

PS. I just amended my account info so the changes show under my name and noticed I have 0.8 BMI points to drop to be 'overweight' not 'obese'. Now thats is a f*cking achievement I feel proud of. My waist to height measurement has gone from 0.66 to 0.54, which has taken me from morbidly obese to the very lowest point of very overweight. So 0.8 bmi or 0.01 point on w:h drops into a bracket of SIGNIFICANTLY lower risk to overall longterm health. Considering I want to be around for my daughter, that is most pleasing :D

Last edited:
Ooh, just found another type of measurement... waist to hip ratio... I started at 0.87. Over 0.85 for women is abdominally obese. I am now 0.83, which is not abdominally obese. Win win. haha

Bodyfat percentage, cant do start but current 27.62%, average is 25-32%.

Woo hoo, well done @FaeFaeFiFi on another great week! Lots of positives on your weight and measurements :)

I hope you manage to rest a bit more this week, it sounds like its needed.

I'm with you on the shepherd's pie šŸ¤® how could they even think it tastes remotely like it. I have 9 to get through.. šŸ˜„

These pictures look really good. Cannot believe how far you have come!

Me either!! This has been a tough week though. Lots of desire to stuff my face, but resisting unless Iā€™ve worked physically hard and need the calories to be eaten back which has been minimal. Dunno why itā€™s been harder. Maybe Iā€™m more bored, maybe itā€™s a long time to do products, maybe pandemic lockdown crazies are setting in deeper. Maybe just a random bad week? Who knows. I applied to adopt a puppy from the dog home yesterday. Random news of the day! Lol

I saw my friend today and she said wow you look skinny. I said Iā€™ve lost some weight and she said I know, itā€™s really obvious! First big reaction. Iā€™ve seen a few others and nobody-has said a word.

hope youā€™re alright:)

I never know quite how to react when someone says you have lost weight. There never seems to be a right answer does there? It either goes into (well if you are me), self depreciating 'Well I needed to lose it as I had put weight on' which is like making a compliment into a negative thing or if you acknowledge the weight loss, you sound over confident?!
Any tips?!

Somehow I have mixed up my money and product ordering time so I can't order 100 things this time and I can't wait until next week because I have run out. So today I made a decision!! I ordered 50 products for 55, and I have 6 days of stuff left presently including todays. So that leaves 18/19 ish days of 4 products a day and that will mark 10 weeks and 5/6 (cant remember which) days on exante 800. Well, two of those were CD SS step. I will then order another 100 products but not for four a day. For a week I will do exante 800 but 3 products + meal. I think I will then do a week or two at the equivalent of Cambridge's step 2 or 3, because you should only do a VLCD for 12 weeks at a time. Maybe thats the same as Exante 1200? I will have to look. If that feels good, I will just stay at that place /level to lose the rest, but if it doesn't, after that time I will drop to 3 products and the 200 cal meal like SS+ and Exante 800 for a bit longer before working up the calorie levels very gradually.

So, that'll be 7th May being the end of this militant stint, some space to breathe, then back at it!

My brain and my body are getting fed up of this monotony now. I shall power through a couple more weeks and then its time for change! Need to go find my CD book and i'll post photos of the steps. I don't think they even explain the steps that well now in the book but shall go find it and see.

Ok So here is all Exante has to say about 1200 step!! So you basically have to products, that will be around 200 each which leaves you 800 calories for a low carb meal and a snack. Huge shift from 800 step... I think I might do an interim thing so I dont get lost haha.

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 16.25.29.png

Here are the recommended foods for the meal on 800 step, which would be useful for meal planning on the 1200 step I suppose!

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 16.25.40.png

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 16.26.14.png

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 16.26.24.png

Shall have to start some meal and recipe planning!!

CD coming up next.

Back