Diary Transfer

I can’t bloody hold on to money. I ended up buying myself a Fitbit to monitor my heart rate for when I go for tests into dysautonomia (might have POTS). Turns out I only have to stand up to go into fat burning mode, which kinda suggests pots and might explain the more rapid than usual losses. I’m wondering if I should be increasing calories now I know that I am basically exercising by standing up with a hr jump to 100+ for nothing lol

will monitor for a few days until after cycle as always feel worse then.

if things don’t lead to a change, I had decided yesterday that I’m not going to weigh or measure until I finish my 12ish weeks. So I think that’s roughly in two weeks. Might have to reassess the calories step up though in light of recent heart rate developments!!

now saving for pans and utensil haha they’re pricey!!!!

Oh blimey @FaeFaeFiFi I don't know much about POTS but one of my friends has it. She was diagnosed as a teenager. I suppose the tests are on hold at the moment? It sounds like a good idea to monitor it and see if there are any patterns though.

That is some jump just by standing up, so be careful. Do you get lightheaded and feel faint at all?

Yeah I just have to wait. I’ve been in the treatment for POTS for a few years by coincidence because I get big blood pressure spikes. That’s why it took them so long to suspect pots. Have had to reduce the medication a lot since on this diet because of bp getting lower. Now it’s lower my hr is less controlled. That’s the theory anyway. But can’t increase the med again cause bp is good now at lower dose. Probably need a different med. I’ve been getting dizzy for years and I do a bit at the beginning of a low calorie diet but it wears off. It’s better since being less medicated in many ways but get dizzy when hr is high now instead of from low bp.

I’ll monitor for a week then stay as I am or go up to 1200 I think.

Just popped in to see how it's going :) You're doing so well with your weight loss!

Hey you!!! I wondered where you had gone. How are you doing? Hope you’re alright. Was worried you may have been poorly again.
I have been but with allergic reactions to my meds and also we got a puppy(9 months old) so I'm shattered. Heading into a fibro flare so can only hope it's mild/doesn't last long.

Ahhh crikey :( all but the puppy sounds a bit ****. I almost got a puppy too but didn’t. I hope your flare is short!!!! X
She's lovely and actually pretty well behaved for a puppy who has lived in a shelter since birth-I'd just forgotten how much there is to do with a puppy

You’re making me quite glad we weren’t one of the chosen homes from the shelter haha!!
haha no she's lovely and she's been really good today

I wasn't going to weigh until the end of this 800 stage but considering my heart rate making me in fatburn mode a lot, i've decided to keep an eye on stuff. It improved for a few day then yesterday wasnt great, nor today, but I built a bed, a dressing table and two bedside drawers. I am feeling completely battered. When I found out I was burning loads of calories a day it flipped a little switch in my head that seemed to allow for some sabotage everyday. I had a small piece of cake (like really small) a couple of days in a row. The last day was a sugar free carrot cake I made to freeze into snack bars, but I ate more than the days before and realised I needed to have a little think/talk with myself. Not to chastise, just to see what was going on. And I think it was health anxiety and 'giving in' to temptation as a result. So yesterday when I felt battered I had more calories that were not off plan, like cake. I apparently burned 1300 calories yesterday so its looking like I probably need to increase my calorie intake if this carries on for more than a few more days. Shall be monitoring.

As for losses, I lost 2kg this week despite having my cycle still - surprised by that. I also lost 3 1/2 inches. More surprised by that. Perhaps I measured wrong. That takes my total to 31.5 inches and 27kgs in ten weeks. I also am now under 30bmi - 'overweight', or 0.52 by waist to height ratio - 'healthy'. I seemed to skip 'overweight' on the waist:height, seems a big jump for only 2 inch waist loss! My but has shrunk so much recently.

Anyway, I am going to be resting as much as possible because I am shattered from yesterday.

7C655C90-74A4-4F47-9479-2F542F3E22D7.JPG

You're doing really well but do rest as much as you need.

25KG is incredible, amazing! Have you experienced any plateau weeks yet? I think the 200 cal solids has been creeping up here and it means the results have slowed. I need to go back to my 3 shakes plus an egg me thinks. Anyway, keep up the great work and losses. Pan sets here you come!
Hope the potty training has continued in the right direction- we had a good day today with it, but she's 2.5 and her desire for it changes with the weather!

Hey guys, didn't get notified about these sorry!!

I LOVVVVEEE the furniture, Mazza!!!! So happy. They didn't deliver the rug but thats coming today. Happy about being 'overweight' too. I will pop over to your diary now too. I don't understand why these emails give up after a while!!!

Hey Sophia, good to see you!! I have had lower loss weeks and a stay the same week during period but mostly a loss every week. I think on page 1 it says what i've lost each week if you wanted to look. Well, once I started weighing weekly anyway lol. I had a lot more to lose than you and the plateaus happen when you have less to lose. I also wonder if my heart rate being too high is contributing to less slowing, but it could just be the amount weight i've had to lose. More = faster with keto stuff I think. Potty is going great! We're now in pants and can go out and stuff. We take the potty with us - need to get a portable one - and so far so good. Shes only been wet one morning (nappy) now in weeks so I think that perhaps I need to be brave and lose the night nappies but I kinda am scared as she's still in my bed and I dont want my mattress ruined or one of those horrible plastic sheets haha. You've lost loads as well!!! Well done!! It's hard to not let the calories creep up isnt it? Especially under the current circumstances, they're so abnormal and stressful. Keep up the good work!!! I thinkI might start keeping a proper journal, not to log caloires etc but as a practice in observing how I feel when I eat certain things, or how eating certain things makes me feel.... see if I can educate myself in myself better haha.

Diary update....
Have been feeling less in control of myself with the diet lately. One nibble here or having something 'extra on plan' another. I haven't sabotaged myself majorly, teetered on the border of ketosis, but my discipline is sliding so I have made a formal plan now haha. No self criticism or blame, just me acknowledging to myself that it's time to properly step up/change and reset. I need more calories a day, my heart rate is high so I am basically exercising all day according to this fitbit. So because I have been a little wandery, I have decided to up to 1000 calories, but not quite the cambridge step 3 as planned to start. I have 3 days left of exante 800 so I will do this. Next I will do exactly the same as exante 800 but I will also have a planned extra 200 calories of protein a day from the lists of either CD or Exante that i've previously posted. I will do this for two weeks with my delivery I am awaiting and see how that is. Then I will transition from that to having less products a day but more food but with the same calories so that I can gradually adjust to being in control where there is much more choice and reintro of proper food. In other words start at 4 products a day and 200cal protein and transition to 2 products a day, a breakfast and dinner and a salad lunch. I used to split my dinner and lunch calories on old CD so i'll prob do that again.

I don't want to get overwhelmed and lose my way! If I feel ok at 1000 calories I will stay there until I have lost another 15-17 kg or so, which will take me out of 'overweight' and on the borderline of healthy. I expect then I will go up to 1200 calories, before if not feeling good at 1000, and introduce some kinda proper exercise routine to start toning and improving health more. By then i'll hopefully have had my consultant (medical not cambidge diet consultant haha) appointment to talk about my HR/POTS/Dysautonomia and testing etc and how to progress with exercise.

As for rewards, I think I am going to buy myself a mitre saw and some timber instead of pans lol. I really want some garden furniture and can't find any I like cheap enough or annnny in stock so I am just going to build some, which will be fun. I've only built from pallets before so it'll be nice to have easy, clean wood! Maybe when I win the lottery tonight though i'll buy pans too. I have pans already but no garden furniture. It will be nicer to eat healthy food in the garden than cook it in fancy pans which wont change the experience of eating healthy at all haha.

IMG_1023 2.jpeg
IMG_1027 2.jpeg
IMG_1035 2.jpeg

This is the furniture I shall make I think but with colourful cushions.

Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 10.18.34.png

The furniture looks lovely! and good for you for wanting to build your own garden furniture. My friend did her own pallet garden furniture and it looked great and lasted for many years but she's now built some new stuff, along with a pergola.

I'm a bit useless at things like that, I love decorating and car stuff but I can't do flat pack or building stuff. Probably because I've got so many brothers and at least one of them is good at something I might need them to help me with, so I let them 😂😂

Good luck with your transition up to 1,000 calories. I'm sure you'll still have some good losses but having some planned 'real food' will help stop the wandering for sure. I'm really enjoying my 200 calorie meals, its amazing what you can have and feel so full too.

Thank you very much!! I’ve enjoyed getting it done. My dad is really good at making stuff and I’d always let him do stuff but he loves few hundred miles away now and my ex was good at it too so I started out of stubbornness to not be unable to do things haha

Yeah I realised why the wandering was becoming a thing and it’s because it wasn’t affecting my losses at all, which goes to show I really do need more calories now with this weird heart stuff going on. I had my cardiology consultant appointment come through yesterday in the post too, early July, and have the original dr appointment end of July so might be able to get some answers and advice on what to do/what’s ok. Was eyeing up all your meals yesterday, looked great!! I’m not the best or most adventurous cook and I hope to get better as I start adding calories.

I can’t even remember what week I’m in now. I think this is week eleven.

Back