Diet Angels - any goal welcome :)

thanks it is hard as all he keeps saying is you need carbs for energy blah blah no wonder you have headache blah blah you look good now why not stop blah blah you dont want to get to thin blah blah for christ sake i am a size 16 not a size 0 it will not kill me if i lose a bit more weight ok i dont want to be a size zero i will be happy with a size 12-14 so what is his problem!! sorry better start deep breathing AGAINor i may do something i regret and i dont mean eat lol

New to CD

:)I would love to join 'angels'. Only started CD on Monday 5th Jan on sole source and finding it very hard! Think diet is filling etc, its just the change of habits and cooking for kids and OH.

My goals are:

1/ To lose one stone by end of January
2/ To have at least three stone off for my summer hols in July
3/ To be healthy and happy!!!!!!!!

Welcome Bella, This site is great to help ppl in need of a little uplifting when you feel down or want to cheat. I re-started 5/01/09 and so we are at the same point. Im getting weighed tomoz for the first time by my CDC since just before christmas, and im scared lol.
When are you getting weighed? usually the first weeks weighing is an insentive to keep going. It must be difficult cooking for people and trying to do this diet!!! I feel for you, Im sure someone mentioned that drinking water whilst you are cooking to keep you feeling fuller. It's difficult not to pick aswell but I read on a post eating a small amount of carbs can make you retain lots of water!I keep this in mind to prevent me slipping.
We can all be slimmer just need to beleive in ourselfs and find that determination!!!!!!
Tess xx

hey there angels.

gail. you can do this. you need to keep reminding yourself of WHY you are doing it!! you've done it before, you've done it well. you are almost back in the groove. one last push!!

hi there bella :D welcome to the angels :D

well done sarah!! that's fantastic!! my cdc's scales said i put on 8.5lbs over christmas. mine said i'd put on a stone. according to my scales i've lost 9.75lbs so far this week. i really hope my cdc's scales agree!! if my cdc's scales suddenly decide to catch up with mine it will look like i've only lost a lb or two...

ah well. it's all in the right direction right?

abz xx

Welcome welcome Bella :) We have lots of fun here, make sure you keep posting it helps so much with motivation.

Hi Gail, how is it going, have you managed to keep your hands off him... and not in a good way :8855:

Well done on your weight losses Abz... i am sure your CDC's will correlate, and yes it is going down down down :D

How did the WI go Tess??

V excited to hear everyones progress :D

OMG, we were on page 4!!!!!!

How is everyone :)

Come on Angels :angel:

can we do it??? Yes we can!!!!

hi guys. well i lost 6.75lbs in my first week. hoping for another 2 off this next week and that will be my christmas weight gone :D of course i would like more than that off if possible but i'm trying on wedding dresses next saturday and am sure i'll end up with a glass of champers and lunch but i'll keep it as low carb as possible. i don't want to ruin the experience by watching others eat and being miserable. and the try on was what my first major milestone was so i don't mind if it comes off a wee bit slower after this :) still. it would be nice to get rid of all my excess weight as quickly as possible... and my birthday is at the end of jan as well. *sigh*. ah well. we keep on plugging :)

abz xx

Hi abz, I totally agree, make the most of the wedding experience :) it is a magical time..

You weight loss is great, keep plugging away love...

Hi Angels, well I lost the plot over the weekend and ate lots just for no reason. So I had a good think and decided that I would weigh myself (I'm not seeing my CDC till end of the month) and I would start fresh from Monday morning. Somehow from the week before Christmas I had put on 1 stone and 6lbs. (hanging head in shame) Still I was ill. I have put that all behind me and I started on Monday and by this morning I had lost 6lbs already. So I'm feeling positive. I have a bit of a headache today but I'm going to SS till 14th Feb and see where I am by then. How is everyone else doing today?

hey there honey. never mind the gain. that is past and you are moving forwards. well done on your restart :)

i am not doing too badly. i am doing a sort of jiggle between ss and ss+ and if i feel the need for an 810 day i'll have one of those. but so far so good. have just had a diet coke to see how it affects me and it has made me rather munchy, ha. so i may have to avoid those. some people manage to get away with it. and it is not condoned by cd, but sometimes you have to try these things. also, i am rather floaty having taken half my dose of painkillers as my back is rather bad, but half because i'm at work and they usually send me squiffy... well half has still sent me pretty squiffy and i finish my lunch break in about 15 minutes, ha. oops...

abz xx

Glad you are doing ok Abz. I've done 4 shakes a day since Monday (even though I'm only 5ft 3) I find that by having a Tetra on the way home it is stopping me going straight to the fridge for some cheese when I get in. I don't travel too well and if I'm hungry I start feeling sick and faint. Anyway I hope it works for now when I'm in the pink I might try cutting back to 3 shakes. Take care

Hi Angels,

Sounds like you've got it sorted Dragonfly, I quite often do 4 packs a day, better than scoffing I say :)

Sorry to hear you're having back problems abz, how you feeling now?

still pretty sore. have just taken proper painkillers so that i can sleep comfortably. am off to bed now :)

will see you all in the morning. it's my day off so i'll probably be later than usual.

hope everyone did well today?

abz xx

hi all
sorry i haven't posted this week i haven't given up i have been trying really hard not quite back on track but hey no carbs just protein veg a little fruit and 4 packs but i have lost 6.5lb this week which i am happy with but then again when i checked i had put on 12 lb over xmas!!!! but its going down so i am happy and each day i will try to eat less till i get back into ketosis
hope everyone is ok and doing well it is because of you lot i am still here so please keep inspiring me i need all the help i can get lol

Well done Gail :) Great loss...

I am a bit wobbly this week, need a kick up the bum !!!

How is everyone?

Hi Angels,

I am feeling a bit low, came back from G.P.'s and he has asked me to come off SS for a couple of weeks because my asthma has worsened.. Now I have been on and off of SS for about 20 weeks now and this is the 1st problem I have had... I am not convinced it is CD but he said he wants to see a marked improvment... It is bad, it has gotten worse since xmas.. hey ho, gonna low carb it until i go back in 2 weeks :(

Lets hope you can soon return to CD , to keep us all on our toes :))

im in on the Angels, my first goal is to stick to ss this week 100% and get into the 10s by the end of jan, about 9 lbs but fingers crossed doing ss 100% i can achieve this x

Back