Diet coke..

laurenmay

Gold Member
Lately I've been drinking quite a fair amount of diet coke, I'd say probably 3-4 cans a day so over a litre... I drink water too, in coffee and bottled waters, but diet coke sometimes fills me up and stops me reaching for junk food & makes me feel like I'm having something naughty so I don't want anything else!

Do many of you drink diet soda drinks -- and do you find it hinders your weight loss at all?

Lately I've been drinking quite a fair amount of diet coke, I'd say probably 3-4 cans a day so over a litre... I drink water too, in coffee and bottled waters, but diet coke sometimes fills me up and stops me reaching for junk food & makes me feel like I'm having something naughty so I don't want anything else!

Do many of you drink diet soda drinks -- and do you find it hinders your weight loss at all?

I personally think 3-4 cans a day is way too much and even if it doesn't stall your losses it can't be good for your body what with all the chemicals in it.

Have you tried sparkling water with a slice of lemon/lime in it, or chopped strawb & mint? Do you like coconut water?

If your main priority is weight loss then I see no problem in drinking lots of diet drinks. They are (in my opinion) one of the totally guilt free pleasures we have when calorie counting.

However, if you are wanting to 'eat clean' and avoid all processed food then give the diet cola a miss. Personally I find in a busy life it is hard to avoid processed food and drink all together.

Some days I drink my body weight in diet coke. However, I also sometimes go weeks without having any.

There is some research to suggest that the sweetners in diet drinks cause us to become more hungry and therefore more likely to fall off the dieting wagon.

I would say drink diet cola as much as you like but if you find yourself really hungry shortly after having it then maybe cut down a bit.

Buy a big bottle of volvic instead lol I used to drink a lot of diet coke but I was more concerned over the health side effects than anything haha x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Personally I find that diet sodas can satisfy my sweet tooth and when it does, it just tells me that I wasn't actually hungry.
I found that it neither helps nor hinders my weight loss, in fact cutting out regular coke and fruit juices was a kick start into my first weight loss attempts.

I've decided that if it takes a can or two of diet coke a day to keep me on track with my diet and stop me reaching for the chocolate or sugary snacks then I think it's worth it! I always manage to drink between 2-3 litres of water a day in work and at the gym, so as long as my water intake is above 2 litres a day then I don't see much harm in indulging in some diet coke!!

Back