Disco Sprimmers

Thanks Hules! Ahh I don't know!! I'm far more active lately-even little things like walking to the next bus stop rather than getting on at the one closest to uni, and the 30 day shred, (although I hve to admit I can't do it every day like you're supposed to!). I've also almost completely cut out carbs..I used to eat so much pasta/breads. I now have cereal or breakfast biscuits for breakfast, and I have a WW wrap once or twice a week, plus a sweet potato once a week. Other than that, (and the odd cereal/grain bar), I don't have anything like that any more. I have normal meals, but extra veg instead! I haven't noticed the difference in how hard it is to stick to, just in the scales! Also, I don't feel guilty if I eat chocolate. I've got to the stage where I now stop if I've had enough-for me that's more of an achievement than the weight loss!

Glad to hear you're feeling better! How long are you out of action for? Is it 3 months for everything, or just running. Don't be too hard on yourself, feeling better is more important that a couple of days of ring strict!

How is everyone, bit quiet round here? Xxx

It is really quiet! I do need constant encouragement too so should come on more.

Hmmmm, you could have something with the carbs, I eat a lot of bread and potato as I find it really filling for the points, but I think cuting down would help. I've cut down on crisps too, to one pack max a day. I'll need to work on more meal ideas though, as bread or spuds usually feature.

You're doing really well nibbs, I'm going to follow suit for the big push at the end of our challenge!

Oh, and as for the running I'll give it the time needed I guess. I really cannot afford to go through this again so mustn't risk it failing. I think it's high impact mostly, anything that might prevent it from taking by raising my blood pressure or jolting it. I'm hoping cycling or walking etc will be back on in a few weeks.

Yeah same here, I should too.

I have everything I would normally eat, eg, bolognese but just no pasta..I put veg in with the meat & sauce instead :)
Thankyou :) everything seems to have just clicked into place lately.
Yeah, it's better to make sure it's successful rather than risk it for a run! Walking and cycling sound like they should be okay though, you don't jolt as much as if you were running xx

Sooo, I've just eaten practically a whole box of millionaire bites :s not good! Tasty, but not good. I've had the inlaws up and they came bearing treats - my favourite treats! I'll have 0 point soup for dinner but other than that I'll just have to write it off as I've no idea how many points it is.

Oh and just remembered that the girlie has made me a cup cake which I have to eat up too. Mothers day.....grrr!

Last edited:
Hiya ladies :) Have been Awol due to illness and WI is Wednesday morning. Not holding out for much to be honest cos my poor body must be so out of whack but will weigh and record none the less. Well done for the losses and Nibbs you really must share your tips!

Ahh I wouldn't worry about it Hules! Best just to enjoy them and then write it off! Hope the cake was lovely, bless your daughter!
Hiya loser85! Hope you're feeling better now! I don't know what my tips are! I wish I did! But really I've just cut out carbs and stopped snacking, lasting well for now, but sooner or later I'm sure it'll come back to bite me and go slower!
Xx

I understand what you mean about the carbs Nibbs, my losses slow if i have too much bread.

Week 1 WI and have lost 4lbs, chuffed :)

Could someone update for me please? My daughters pinched the computer mouse, i cant copy and paste just using the touch pad thingy. Thanks!

Start - 23/1/13
Hules
- 14lbs to lose / 9lbs lost / 5lbs to go
Nibbs - 14lbs to lose / 11lbs lost /3lbs to go
LouMo - 16lbs to lose / 6lbs lost / 10lbs to go
Xmrsrachyx - 14lbs to lose / 7lbs lost / 7lbs to go

Loser85 - 7lbs to lose / 4lbs lost / 3lbs to go

Yay! Well done hun, that's a brill first week!

I forgot to weigh in AGAIN! I'm now thinking that wed isn't a great day for me to weigh in as it's my manic full day at work. I might make it thurs or even Fri when things are calmer!

Last edited:
I used to eat potatoes/pasta/bread for both meals every day and it just got ridiculous, so I've completely cut them out & gonna start re-introducing them really slowly. Well done Loser85 on 4lb, that's fab!
Hules, I'm sure I have only lost 11lb? My maths may be wrong though! Sorry I can't update the chart on my phone, it's a bugger!
In a way it's good you've forgotten to weigh in, shows that your mind isn't completely on the diet and so you're comfortable, not stressing about it!
But having said that, you need a day that suits your routine, changing to Saturdays really helped me!
Xx

Eugh, not good tonight. Had a night in with my flatmates watching films, ate really well all day, then ruined it by snacking on some spring rolls & a bag of smartie mini eggs.
I'm hoping that because I've been strict all week it won't do too much damage, I'm just annoyed at myself! Not because I ate them..I've decided to let myself have treats if I crave them, as I feel better in general if I'm not being too harsh, & i think it's more realistic in the long term to let myself have a chocolate bar here or there..but I'm annoyed because normally I will stop after I've had enough..for example, before this i would eat a whole big bar of dairy milk, no problem, but lately i'll have a strip and find I don't WANT any more, so i'll stop. But tonight I knew I'd had enough, I didn't want any chocolate in the first place, but I couldn't stop myself from eating more and more. Really annoyed as I thought I had made progress in that respect! Haven't eaten, or even wanted to, like that for ages, and now I just feel rubbish. Bloated and too full, I feel really uncomfortable and now remember why I started this in the first place!
Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say. I know I've been doing well with losses, but I was so encouraged by the actual lifestyle changes I'd made, and now I'm thinking that I maybe am starting to go backwards.
Sorry for the rant, feeling disheartened now! Going to bed and hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow with a better outlook, and not be regretting tonight. I did enjoy this evening though, so I suppose I should let myself off now and then.
Hope everyone had a good week xxx

Aww honey, I'm sure it won't make a difference, you should be able to have a treat if you fancy it and you've made a real difference to to the way you are eating over all. as you told me before draw a line under it, you had a good night and you're doing so well try not to let yourself slip off. I do totally understand though, i was bought these millionaire bites (little squares of biscuit, caramel and choc - I don't eat choc anyway but I hold them by the choc bit and bite off the biccy/caramel bit mmmmm) by my MIL that, I'd not been bothered before but when they were there on the side in the kitchen i couldn't stop eating them until they were gone! As points had skyrocketed anyway I then wasn't bothered what else I ate, THEN because I'd had one day over points I found it hard to get the few next days points under control too. Sooo, a long winded reply but it was one eve. Get back on hun, sometimes a bit of what you fancy can shake things up a bit anyway, but you do have to immediately get back on if you can x

My maths is pants :) I've corrected the chart. Do feel free to make your own updates of the chart ladies, just copy, change and post (much more likely that it'll be right then :) ).

I'm still a bit wobbly over tracking my points, but have managed to get some control back the last couple of days, I'm an all or nothing girl and I can feel the focus slipping a bit. I think it's because I had a bit of a deadline and I'm nowhere near as close as I was hoping I'd be. I'm over a stone down so I shouldn't feel let down, but for some reason I do :/ ? Maybe I should do a bit of a kick start this week? I tried a 20 point day yesterday. The positive would be the reduction in points would mean I can't really afford more than one snack. Plus I'm currently not doing any exercise (and feeling it :( ).

Have moved my weigh in to Fridays so I'll update when I get out of bed :)

Half a pound off :(

It's more than I deserve the week I've just had!

Going to try 20 a day for the next couple of weeks. Be really strict with myself too!

Morning ladies,

maybe you've actually needed that for a while Nibbs? Class it as done and move on to the next day. You said yourself its not an everyday occurance so no need to panic. As they say a bit of what you fancy does you good :)

1/2 a pound is good regardless of the week before. Maybe doing a week of kickstart is what you need to give you the proverbial kick up the bum. Something to get your brain back on the diet track.

Hope you both have a lovely day :)

Thanks guys. Today is a new day, as long as I try not to let it continue then I need to not beat myself up over it. And it was a nice evening :)
Half a pound is still half a pound Hules, as you said, you didn't have the best week, so at least you're still heading in the right direction!
I bet you are missing the exercise though, especially as you were doing so well with it and seemed to be enjoying it!
Lowering your points for a while might be the kick start you need to get back on track, I'm sure once you start that you'll be back in no time.
Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Morning! Thanks for the moral boosting posts ladies x

I've done 2 days of 20 points so far and this morning woke up feeling thinner (honestly, I woke up thinking 'i feel thinner this morning' :) ) jumped on the scales and I've lost another 1.5lbs since yesterday. Maybe I'd been a bit bloated too? Anyway I'm not complaining! We'd also run out of bread so gave the knobby end to the hubby and just had a bit of pasta in my soup. I think I'm going to cut down on the carbs a little too and see if it helps.

Off for a marathon shop today, good for some non tooth hurty bonus points!

Ahh that's such a good feeling! And such a good loss! Well done!
Boyfriend came to visit this weekend & i forgot to weigh in!! Not sure how well I've done this week though, especially after this weekend when we went out for dinner & had various treats! I seem to fall at the weekends, haven't fully picked myself up from the slip the other night either. Last week of term this week so determined to give it everything before I go home for the Easter break.
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend xx

Morning Nibbs and Hules :)

Know what you mean about having extras over the weekend. Wondering if theres a way to maybe take it easy over the weekend and still point and them 100% mon-fri. Makes pro-points sound like the best solution if only i could save the 49 weeklies for the weekend only! Cant :(

I tend to relax too much at the weekend, something which I really need to address. I don't want to have to be strict all the time though, and miss out on meals/cinema treats etc, which is why I've been letting myself have treats now and then, and just having less to make up for them. I think I also need to I'd snacks which are lower in points so that I can have them and not have to starve the rest of the day.
Does anybody happen to have the point values of blueberries/red grapes? Xx

Hey girls sorry ive not been around much!

I was ill last week and gained1.5 but tonight i lost1.5 so im still 7lb down. Really trying to stay focused now as its only 16 weeks til my holiday!

Hows everyone doing? Feel like im losing my mojo a bit :/ xx

Back