Do not buy exantes new 'mousse mix'!!!

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
What a rip off! £4.49 per 100g tub and all it is is Gelatine, which you can buy in Tesco for 69p for 70g's! Exactly the same single ingredient; beef gelatine!

Omg really?? And gelatine isn't suitable for veggies either is it??

LOL! Well spotted Buttons, what a cheeky lot they are! It's all about how you market it with these things isn't it!

On the plus side.. now we know we can have it! ;)

Got my 69p Gelatine in Tesco. Chelly, they do a veggie version too! I'm having mousse tonight :)

Thick question coming up... How do u make moouse?

Maybe another thick question lol.. Does it affect calories? X

Not at all Keira's mummy! No, one sachet is barely a gramme of carbs, no fat, mostly protein (is made from beef after all). You'd only use 11g per shake. Read Dr Oetkers instructions tho, needs to be dissolved in a little hot water before adding to your shake.

Oh let us know what it's like... What flavour did u do? Xx

Ok, got me on a technicality, it is 'beef gelatine'. What I meant, is that it is mostly protein.

Oh let us know what it's like... What flavour did u do? Xx
I made a strawberry shake, my favourite. I used more water (always do) about 300ml, cos one sachet of gelatine can set a pint (570-odd ml) so there's a huge bowlful. Just got to wait and see if it actually sets!!!

Ok, partial success. I think I diluted the shake mix a bit too much cos the flavour was weak and it was taking forever to set. So I ate it half set, half like mousse, half like jelly! But the moussey texture was a delightful change. Am going to have the vanilla tomorrow, maybe with a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon (and with less water) :)

Really want chocolate mousse now :) sent my bf to the shop, hopefully he won't come back empty handed :) xx

Ahh gotcha must have skipped that post....will c on my next food shop if I can find me some gelatin just for a change of texture...thanks!

Sent bf out for gellatine and he came back with a 4 pack of shape yoghurts. Bless :) it's the thought that counts :)

Back