Doctorwhogirl's Journey of Maintenance on Discovery! :)

Big meals! LOL! oink oink! ;)

Subscribing :) Know the feeling your having, I got down to the tens now I'm back up to the 11's. I just seem to keep crawling up back to twelve stone it can be really disheartening! But your diaries look really good so all your hard work will eventually pay off! Have you thought about trying pro points??

Cheers Martha. Yeah this is the longest I've been in the 11's in 3 years and I don't like it one bit! Especially when I'm trying!

Thanks! I love my food so love making different things!

I did try propoints when it first came out but found I kept gaining. Didn't work! But I'm going to give the old points another go for another wee while and then see. I have all the books and material for Propoints so can swap if I need to. Found it hard to control my intake of fruit though. How do you manage your fruit on it?

I make sure that I point anymore than 4-5 portions of fruit if i have more than that and point fruit if i have more than one of the same kind (point an apple for 1pp if i have 2 etc) - i also make sure that i choose small bananas as they can be very high in calories/sugar despite their nutritional benefits and point a banana at 2pp if i have more than one :) hope you have a lovely day tomorrow!

Thanks jaly, that's a good idea. I'm eating a lot of melon at the moment, the tesco 400g gram tubs. I'll keep at Discovery and then we'll see! :)

I've not tried them either,let us know what you think and good idea to try pp if you fancy a change up.As to fruit I don't have more then 5 portions a day.

Yea I did give PP a go before but I'll see. Don't think I've lost anything again, but we'll see tomorrow. :(
I've been reading up a bit on weight plateaus and a lot of people suggest eating more calories to get the metabolism going again? I haven't had a treat day or been over points in 3 1/2 weeks so maybe I just need to have a treat day, get something nice, eat the bar of choc I've had in the fridge for weeks maybe?! Has anyone tried that???

Here's today and today's plan

Tesco Micro Oats and skimmed milk 2.5p
Clementine and kiwi 0.5

Mini smarties 1.5p
Raisins 0.5

Quorn Mince 75g 1.5 p
Peas 0.5p
Carrots, onion, mushrooms 0p (made savoury mince!)
Roasted sweet potato chips 200g 2.5p
Butternutsquash and onion roasted 0p

Baked custard 1.5p (about to go and try this!)
SF jelly 0.5

rest of the day!
Melon mix and 100g tesco low fat nat yoghurt 2p

Rice cakes x3 1p
Tuna 1p
Salad with peppers, onion and scallions 0p
More baked custard!!! 1.5p

Tesco potato thins 1
Special K bar 1.5

total 19.5/19

Exercise: Total body spin

Dreading weigh in tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: I'll have to decide then what to do if it's a gain/sts. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Last edited:
Good luck for wi tomorrow,I know a few who have a day off and still lose,I had a day off recently and still lost.People on pp often use their weeklies and lose.See what happens tomorrow and take it from there :0)

Thanks girls!

I pulled out my old propoints books that I got when I first started? What do you think of it, coming over from discovery.

I do remember finding it v hard to lose on it but then that was when the minimum was 29. Maybe with 26 I might lose this time???

I'm confusing myself with all my information about nutrition and plateaus and metabolism and weight gain! :p

Thanks ladies!

WARNING This is going to be a RAMBLING post!

Ok so last night I woke up in the middle of the night with crippling stomach pain. Was up for about 3/4 hours on and off with it :(
And TMI, but then in the morning I had a serious urge for bathroom. It wasn't too bad (TMI I KNOW! :p) but I weighed in after anyway.

I was 10 stone 13! Which is a loss of 2 pounds! However I don't know how accurate this is given the stomach trouble? I'm going to take it anyway. Even if it was only a half pounds or a pound that's great!

Today was definitely off plan, partly through no fault of my own, partly my own fault! :p After 3 and half weeks of on plan I think it's deserved!
It was off plan but hopefully not too bad...:cry::eek: I'm going to write it all here!

Today
Tesco Micro Oats with tiny bit of Honey and skimmed milk (3)

Digestive (1)

Visited a friend who's lost her dad recently, she made us lunch
Pasta with bacon, mushrooms, leeks in a creamy philadelphia sauce with a bit of parmesan (NO IDEA)
Small piece of garlic bread (NO IDEA)
McVities tea cake (1) This is v good value!!!!

Then went with my other friend to the chinese! :eek: Haven't been there in MONTHS!
Chicken and sweetcorn soup (2.5 apparently :rolleyes:)
King Prawn Chow Mein (5.5 apparently! :rolleyes:)
5 or so prawn crackers (3)

SF Jelly (0)
Strawberries (1)

Melon and yoghurt (2)

Might have a scone later if I'm peckish, we'll see how I feel!

19/19 not including the stuff I don't know how to point! So I'd say I'm about 7 over.... :( But I haven't been over in weeks. And that's not too bad!

In other news I'm going to try the pro points. I'll miss my snacks etc... but I think it would be good to give something else a try and see if that spurs me on a bit more? Are you all with me????

Any tips???

If I'm not seeing a loss in a month or so, I'll go back. But it's worth a shot? Isn't it????

Sorry to hear about the upset stomach! Hope you're ok :0) aw hope your friend who recently lost her Dad is ok,sounds like a nice time spent with your friends :0) yup it is worth giving pp a go! Tips are don't be afraid to use some weeklies,think Jaly already said be mindful of fruit portions and drink plenty of water :0)

marthamydear said:
Subscribing :) Know the feeling your having, I got down to the tens now I'm back up to the 11's. I just seem to keep crawling up back to twelve stone it can be really disheartening! But your diaries look really good so all your hard work will eventually pay off! Have you thought about trying pro points??

I'm the exact same!!! Creeping under and over the 12 stone then like now way over it!! 11 stone 4 lb at the min want to lose 2 stone! Subscribing if I can.

Meant creeping over the 11 stone! I haven't gone back to 12 just yet!!

You're same as me!

It's 2 years since I was my lovely 10stone! I want to know what that's like again!!!!! And I want my clothes to fit me!

So reset for today and propoints tomorrow!

And of course subscribe! I'm honoured! :eek::)

Back