Does anyone know utube squat exercises

sparkelwings

in my dreams!!!!!!
hi everyone, a while back i saw a thread on here with a link to youtube for some squats using a single dumbell/weight.

it looked so easy and apparently has great results that i actually decided to get my butt in gear and do it, have bought the dumbell but now can't find the link:eek:

if anyone else has seen it please let me know or if you know of any others x

hey sparklel, not sure if this will help but i normally do my squats with dumbells and this is what i do:

feel shoulder width apart, holding a dumbel in each hand with hands down by your side. slowly bend ur legs until your thighs are near parrallel with the floor, keeping you back as straight as possible looking straight ahead. then return to starting possition. i also find it helps if u concentrate on ur core muscles by sucking your tummy in as it gives you better posture.

:bunnydance: Haha sparkel!!! Glad to see you take the initiative! :character00115:

LR

thanks everyone for your help, thats perfect. yeah lr, well now i've got how to do it i just need to start :eek:

my head is saying tonite but my body is saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:8855:

oh sass, i've just clicked on the link and yea its the one that i saw. it looks easy but hopefully has great results. thanks so much x

Sparkel.. how's the exercising going girl? Have you started?

I'm really psyched tonight about my little exercise session... after finishing up, i was able to roll over, and do the yoga positions upward and downward dog, which I haven;t done in months... without my stomach on the floor. You are supposed to be able to keep your body off the floor.. and I haven't been able to in years.. until tonight!
:bliss:

LR

surprise surprise lr, no:8855: i don't know what happened as i was so keyed up to do it. i had my induction at work on saturday:cry:, friend picked me up afterwards and we had a little celebration :7834:down the pub and then we went to our static caravan (trailer, i think you call them) for the weekend as we had a bank holiday here which meant a day off on monday.

unfortunately didn't get to exercise there and really did think about it last nite but am going into work again today :character00148:so had an early nite last nite even though i couldn't sleep and up early today:sigh:

time i get back kids will be home from school and they have a speedway comp tonite that i've got to go to so i'm guessing it will be out of the window tonite as well:sigh:

i've got to get myself into a routine for work etc so i'm hoping i can get some exercise put in there too. i really need a personal trainer to kick my butt into gear lol:gen144:

glad to hear you're getting some in and can keep that belly off the floor:character00115: keep it up and hopefully i'll be able to join you soon lol.:party0049:

:8855: You know.. I don't have "time" to exercise either. Many people make a big deal that you get out there and go running, or whatever, for an hour or more. I don't have that kind of time being a single mom with a full time job. (so, technically, I have two full time jobs!)... what people, doctors, exercise gurus are leaving out is that ANY exercise, even if you only have 10 mins to spare, is better than none.

Depending on my day and how my timing is running with Ayleigh's bedtime routine, Sometimes I only get in 10 mins.. sometimes I get to 20 mins before she decides to belly flop herself on my stomach in the middle of my crunches.. (man that hurts)... but even thought I'm only doing small amounts.. it's making a difference.

And the more difference I see, the more I want to do as well. ;)

Don't try to over exert yourself... just get in what you can.. if it's 10 mins.. then go you! :)

LR

Back