Does feeling ill lead to carb cravings??

carole66

Hi Guys

I wonder if when you've ever felt ill, you had carb cravings, and if so, how did you overcome it?

I'm asking as I feel like I'm coming down with a cold (snuffly, sneezing, exhausted and struggling to keep my eyes open!)

Now usually when I have a bad cold, I tend to crave all kinds of crap, and eat for England. Of course, I don't want to actually do that, but I know if I feel that bad, no matter what I say to myself, protein will just not do it for me!

So I was wondering if anyone has been through this? And how did you cope?

All suggestions gratefully received.

I'm not condoning this but I've just had a chest infection and last week ate everything in sight and more!
I didn't put a pound on! I always have to eat what I can when I'm unwell otherwise I wouldn't eat at all!
Hope u feel better soon and don't worry too much a few pp days as everything is back to normal x

Ive got tonsillitis at the mo (boohoo) and Im actually advised to eat a lot of 'scratchy' stuff to help move infection from my throat so I had a rhubarb crumble from M&S!

I think when you're ill you really shouldnt deprive your body, for a start you need a lot more vitamin C and other things to build your immune back up. Dukan isnt going to go away, can always get back on track when you're feeling better.

Dont sweat, just concentrate on getting better

Thanks everyone, I must admit to already having had a packet of Skips!!! Oh no!! But I will concentrate on getting better and if my body craves it, then it must need it.

As Zoesastar said, Dukan isn't going anywhere, and a bad week on the scales isn't going to kill me.

x

I have just posted something similar myself, I have a stinking cold and protein really isn't doing it for me but I am not really craving carbs either not really sure what to eat to make me feel better

Knowing how easy Dukan is should make it easier to not feel guilty. You need something to help you thru the horrid illnesses, just make sure you can get yourself back to it when you feel better.

Back