Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

The penguin bar at the bottom of my drawer is saying "eat me eat me"

had a bowl of blackberries with yogurt half an hour ago, and I still felt like eating. Had a mocha from the office coffee machine, anyone has any idea how many syns that is?

Still trying to forget about the penguin bar... I should have remembered to take alpen light bar with me!!

Tuesday 7/9
Breakfast: fish + pepper + mushroom bake (topped with some cheese, HeA)
snack: alpen light bar (half of HeB)
lunch: homemade pasta in a tomato sauce made with minced beef, onion, mushroom, rocket salad
snack: raspberries with yogurt
dinner: dined out to celebrate! had thai chicken salad, thai fish cake, satay sticks, rice with red curry with duck, grapes, pineapples. Bought a portion of fresh mango with stick rice in coconut milk as take away dessert, so I can have half of it at a time!

no idea how many syns I had over dinner... but I'd say I ate sensibly... so... at most 15 syns

Wednesday 8/9
Breakfast: fish + pepper + mushroom bake (topped with some cheese, HeA), half a portion of fresh mango with stick rice in coconut milk
snack: belgium chocolate x 2 (5 syns?)
lunch: chicken slices with fat free french dressing, fresh pineapple cubes
snack: blackberries with fat free yogurt, and a penguin bar (5 syns... I gave in...) does sugar free mocha from a machine has any syn?
dinner: sukiyaki... consist of lots of veg, tofu, different types of mushroom and some thin beef slices. very nice!
syn: around 10

Thursday 9/9
Snack: alpen light
Lunch: Itsu supreme salmon sushi + salad (some sunflower seeds and sesame, some salad dressing <--- 3 syns?)
Snack: blackberries + fat free activia yogurt, alpen light
Dinner: crab sticks, oyako don (rice with chicken pieces, onion and egg), broccoli

Syns: 3(?)

maybe the reason your losses are smaller are the fact that you are guesstimating a lot of your syns? because looking at your diary, i'm seeing that most of your meals that you seem to prepare yourself are syn free - so you can fulfil your hunger and still lose weight. the downfall is definitely guessing syns - we all do it but in the long run, we shouldn't. take a look at donnajt's food diary - she never guesstimates and always plans in advance, has lots of superspeed and pickled onions (find out by reading her diary!) and she has brilliant losses! x

10st10 - you're absolutely right. I know guessing syn is dangerous... and that's probably why my loss is on the slow side...

If I cook myself I can have no syn days, the trouble is that my husband and I do like eating out... I'm trying to make packed lunches for work and cut down eating out... maybe I should try even harder.

want to give myself a big clap!
went to the gym on twice this week!! (Tuesday and Thursday) :D

10/9 Friday - T.G.I. Friday!!! :D

snack: alpen light bar (half of HeB), fresh pineapple cubes
lunch: M&S count on us spag bo (5.5 syns) + M&S house salad
snack: banana with yogurt, alpen light bar (half of HeB)
dinner: dined out at a Chinese restaurants. Had some steamed pork dumplings, glass noodles with chili and minced pork. Then went to a nearby cafe for gelato (180 calories)

I think there're some syns with flour used to make dumplings, probably some oil in the glass noodles, small ice cream... total... 15 syns?

total... 20.5 syns? (I know I shouldn't guess the amount of syn... but if I dine out that's inevitable. I'll be good when I don't dine out :eek:)

Last edited:
11/9 Saturday

Brunch: stir-fry udon noodles with oyster mushroom, onion and crabstick (1 table spoon of teriyaki stir-fry sauce, 1.5 syns)

Snacks: 2 Alpen light

Dinner: sushi, grapefruit as dessert whilst my hubby was having Ben and Jerry's ice-cream.

Syn: 1.5

Last edited:
12/9 Sunday

Breakfast: 2 x Ryvita (HeB) + laughling cow light triangles (HeA)
Lunch: chicken and cucumber salad (some sesame and sake in the dressing - 3 syns), Japanese steamed egg in a tea cup (with chicken, prawn, mushroom)
Snack: prawn crackers + strawberry pocky snacks (6 syns)
Dinner: stir-fried udon (1.5 syns with the teriyaki sauce) with crab stick, onion and spring onion, miso soup (1 syn) with chinese leaves and tofu

total syns: 11.5

weigh in tomorrow, hope I've lost 1 pound *fingers crossed*

have been strawberries / other berries + fat free yogurt as "dessert"... am really missing some proper dessert!! might give this a try

Baked Chocolate Cheesecake - Slimming World recipes

Last edited:
Good luck with your weigh in today hun. Fingers crossed for that pesky half stone award :D

weigh in tomorrow, hope I've lost 1 pound *fingers crossed*

have been strawberries / other berries + fat free yogurt as "dessert"...

*blows raspberry* I don't hope you've lost 1lb. I hope you've lost 2! :p

Berries deserve a *thumbs up* as they are superspeed... you go girl! Can I ask where you get yours from? I tend to pick them up from Asda but I get a bit irritated at the quantites in the boxes, could definitely do with some more for £1! We get blackberries growing in our garden (well, the guy whose garden hits the back of ours and overflows into ours!) but don't really use them that much as my aunty once said she boiled her blackberries before eating and lots of horrible things came crawling out... ick!

xxx

Thanks for your kind wishes.

Just got back. Lost half a pound. Half a pound STILL to the half stone sticker. I really think I'm a real tortoise in terms of weight loss...nevertheless I'm happy that I've lost 6.5 pounds since mid July.

I love berries, normally get them from tesco or m and s, they have been on half price in recent weeks but it's like 2 quid for a small box. Don't think I would want to pay full price for that!!

Yay, half a pound in the right direction hun, well done! That half stone award will be yours next week I can feel it :D Because you have been exercising more this week you might start to see the results next week with a big loss.

I practically live off strawberries and raspberries so dunno what I will do once winter comes and they are harder to get hold of/more expensive! There is no other fruit that I can eat like I can strawbs, lol. Big bowl with ff yogurt and sometimes a crushed meringue if I have the syns left over, or some syn free ice cream :D

Well done on your loss :) & for your motivation to go to the gym. Share some?! Hope you're okay :) xx

I'd like to share my weightloss story.

on 1/1/2008, I thought it's time to do something about my weight, so I started a low carb diet. low carb = no bread, no pasta, no rice, no sugar, no fruit even (!!). All I could eat was protein (meat, eggs etc), veg and FAT. Apparently you need to eat fat to be able to lose fat. I was sceptical... (all the butter / cheese really didn't feel healthy) Needless to say, for someone who loves carb, it's not really sustainable.

There was no proper weigh-in so I recorded my weight loss using excel.

37516-albums2678-picture16084.jpg

Because it's low-carb, weight loss was quite quick to start with. I lost a stone after around 3 months, gained abit because I missed carbs too much, got engaged, there's a wedding to work for, so I started going low-carb again. I went to around 10 stone in November. (And when I look back at the photos, I can see the difference) Had a mini-break over Christmas... and the weight shot up. Then started again after Christmas. I still really couldn't go through the 10 stone barrier.

After the wedding... after the honeymoon... guess what, I started having carbs again. And guess what happened... I gained back everything I lost, and abit more. After 2 months on slimming world, I'm back to square 1 - how much I weighed on 1/1/2008. (OK maybe slightly less, as I didn't wear much when I weighed on 1/1/2008 but I am always fully dressed during my SW weigh-in's! LOL)

Although I'm finding weight loss to be on the slow side (averaging 0.5 pound per week for me...)
I find slimming world sustainable, because I can eat carbs and fruit. I hope I can keep doing this forever, so that one day I'll get to my target weight.

Last edited:
Wow, thats amazing to see your weightloss over the years like that. Just goes to show how these quick fix diets dont work long term once you start introducing 'normal' eating again. I was the same, got down to my lightest (10st) for my wedding, no idea how though because I didn't really diet or exercise (my hubby was away in Iraq for the 6 months leading up to the wedding, so was probably lovesick which is probably why, lol). Then after we got married it started to pile back on and I went up to 14 and a half stone (heaviest ever!). Would love to get back down to the weight I was when we got married though, I was so happy then.

We can do this!!!! :D Target weight 140lbs here we come!! Even if we do take the scenic route, lol

We can do this!!!! :D Target weight 140lbs here we come!! Even if we do take the scenic route, lol

Yes, let's work towards our 140 lbs goal together!! we can do this!! (slimming world really is so much more sustainable than low-carb!) :character00115:

13/9 Monday

Breakfast: fish + mushroom + pepper bake
Snack: alpen light bar (HeB), fresh pineapple
Lunch: M&S count on us mushroom risotto (4 syns), M&S eat well garlic prawns (0.5 syns, YUM!), rocket salad
Snack: apples x 3, yogurt, Alpen light bar (HeB), green tea cookie x 1 (X syns?)
Dinner: miso soup (1 syn) with chinese leaves and tofu, oyaku don (egg, onion, chicken and rice)

bought some all-bran, may try to make the chocolate cake tomorrow. (was going to do it tonight but went to the gym for the cross trainer instead :) )

total syns: 5.5 + X (whatever X is, I'm well within limit today!)

14/9 Monday

Breakfast: fish + mushroom + pepper bake
Snack: alpen light bar (HeB)
Lunch: M&S eat well garlic prawns (0.5 syn, YUM!), rocket salad, lots of grapes, fatfree yogurt
Snack: fresh pineapple Alpen light bar (HeB)
Dinner: chicken pasta with mushroom and leek, and fat free creme frais. Strawberries and fatfree yogurt

syn: 0.5!!

still haven't got round to do the all-bran chocolate cake...

Back