Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

Just bought lots of berries - 2 boxes for 3 quid at sainsburys.

Was looking at my progress since 12/7/2010
July: -0.5, -3.0 = -3.5
Aug: -1.0, +1.5, -2.5, +1.0, -0.5 = -1.5
Sep: -1.0, -0.5 = -1.5 so far

August has been bad. Hope September will be better.

Last edited:
15/9 Wednesday

(did you realise that after Tuesday, on the calender it says W T F? :p)

Breakfast: fish + pepper bake
snack: some cakes brought in by a colleague following his holiday... (guess: 10 syns), apple
lunch: left-over chicken + crab stick + leek + mushroom + onion pasta with fat free creme frais
snack: raspberries, blueberries and banana with fat free yogurt, alpen light bar (half of HeB)
dinner: hubby's making dinner :) it will be chicken cucumber salad with a ginger / garlic / sesame dressing <--- my favourite! some syns with the sesame (4 syns) but I love it!!

EXERCISE: 30 minutes on the treadmill <-- have already been twice this week :D 2 weeks in a row going to the gym for twice a week! ;)

Total syns: 14 syns

Yum yum, berries!! I'm going to stock up again tomorrow :D

Hehe, W T F! Never noticed that.

Well done with going to the gym, you are doing really well. Hopefully it will help boost your weight loss :) Are you working towards a body magic award too?

Wish my hubby would make dinner, hes rubbish! lol

I hate it when colleagues bring naughty food into work, I feel like I have to oblige and have some! It would be rude otherwise, hehe.

Well done with going to the gym, you are doing really well. Hopefully it will help boost your weight loss :) Are you working towards a body magic award too?
at the lunch time pop-in group I usually go to, I'm not really encouraged to do the body magic thing. you queue to pay, queue to weigh, and that's it (unless you want to talk to the consultant) there's no IMAGE session in the end too, so sometimes I wonder if I should find another group with the IMAGE therapy section so I can experience the proper group experience, or if I should just save the fiver! (I can happily weigh myself at home...)
Wish my hubby would make dinner, hes rubbish! lol
yup - he's a star ;)
I hate it when colleagues bring naughty food into work, I feel like I have to oblige and have some! It would be rude otherwise, hehe.
I think that's a real test of our real power! It depends what it is, if it doesn't look that good, then I can stay away, but if it looks good... then it will count towards my syn allowance LOL

16/9 Dinner

snack: apple
lunch: left-over chicken + crab stick + leek + mushroom + onion pasta with fat free creme frais
snack 1: grapes, melon and apple fruit salad, alpen light bar (half of HeB)
snack 2: fish + pepper bake
dinner: baked cod in miso sauce, served with rice and broccoli BBC - Food - Recipes : Black cod in miso
(syn: 2 in miso, 4 in sake = 6)

Total syn: 6

I FEEL FAT

I FEEL FAT :cry:

dined out yesterday with some girl friends... I've already tried to pick dishes that look SW-friendly... but for pudding instead of fruit salad, I opted for a lemon tart. Very nice though, but that may make me further from the half stone award.

aaaaaahhhhhhh

anyway... the damage is done. will try to eat lots of fruit and veg to try to undo the damage.

Friday (17/9)
snack: apple, raspberries + blueberries + fatfree yogurt
lunch: itsu salmon supreme sushi + salad (4 syns est)
snack: apple, alpen light bar (half of HeB)
dinner: dined out with some girl friends. starter: pasta with smoked chicken, main: confit duck with squash and other veg (I didn't touch the skin of the confit duck), dessert: lemon tart + cream :eek: (syns of this meal: 25? say?)

total syns: 29

I FEEL FAT :cry:

dined out yesterday with some girl friends... I've already tried to pick dishes that look SW-friendly... but for pudding instead of fruit salad, I opted for a lemon tart. Very nice though, but that may make me further from the half stone award.

aaaaaahhhhhhh

anyway... the damage is done. will try to eat lots of fruit and veg to try to undo the damage.

Saturday (18/9)
breakfast: blackberries + fat free yogurt
lunch: salad, sushi set lunch (yes I'm a sushi fan), fruit, 2 scoops of ice-cream (10 syns)
dinner: miso cod (6 syns), seaweed salad

total syns: 16

Exercise: lots of walking around (if this counts) it's Open House in London, lots of private buildings are opened to the public. After lunch we went to the Lloyd's building, very interesting indeed. Plan to go somewhere tomorrow too!

ARGH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel fat I feel fat I feel fat!:cry::cry::cry:
I don't feel like going to the weigh in next week.

Last edited:
Cannot make it to go to the group today due to work commitments, will go tomorrow. Not too hopeful though ... Was in a very boring meeting, couldn't help having two choc biscuits... how many syn is that? Sigh...

Aww hun, *big hugs*, sounds like you are going through a bit of a down patch at the moment. I know you had to miss weigh in today but definitely go tomorrow if you can. Even if you have a gain you will know why and at least you will know where you stand and can move on to a fresh new week.

It sounds like you had a really nice meal with your friends and I think you made really good choices. I know the lemon pie would be high syns, but I can think of other desserts that would have been waaaay more. And you are allowed a treat once in a while hun, we would all go crazy if we didn't I think! The choccie biscuits depend on what they were, but I would say maybe 3/4 syns each.

The rest of your week was really good though, lots of fruit and veg and going to the gym as well. You've done really well. Walking definitely counts! The Open house thing sounds really interesting. I love snooping around places, hehe.

Just make sure that you try not to let a naughty day of food turn into a naughty week hun. To be honest I don't think you will have done much if any damage when you go for weigh in tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed for you hun, let us know how you get on.

Keep you chin up and come on here for a moan if it helps :D

thanks hun! yes I'm absolutely going through a period where I think my weight isn't really shifting... and I miss all the naughty food, such as crisps... malteasers... bread... argh!

yesterday whilst I was queueing to get into Bank of England, almost everyone around me were munching crisps, cakes, baguette... and I was like... argh... I want some of those!:rolleyes:

anyway... I shall persevere.

hope I'll drop to 10 stone at some point!

(sometimes I really hate myself for taking the scenic route!)

Sunday (19/9)
breakfast: blackberries + fat free yogurt
lunch: ham + peas pasta noodle soup + fried egg (fried with fry-light!), broccoli
snack: roast chicken pieces, fat free yogurt
dinner: chicken cucumber salad with a homemade ginger / garlic / sesame dressing <--- some syns with the sesame (4 syns)

total syns: 4

Monday (20/9)

Snack: melon pieces, alpen light (HeB)
Lunch: pork stroganoff with rice, huge serving of mushroom (all from the work canteen, I suspect there's some oil used in the cooking... 6 syns)
Snack during the boring meeting: 2 dark choc biscuits (8 syns)
Snack: konnyaku (some sort of plant, almost no calories but is very high in fibre) in garlicky soy sauce
Dinner: homemade phad thai - fried noodle with chicken, bean sprout, spring onion and egg

total syns: 14 syns <---- damage all done during work!:mad:

Grrr to work and those pesky choccie biscuits!! All the rest looks fab and yummy though :D Your food diaries are always so interesting, where do you get all your ideas from?

Sneakily weighed using wii fit this morning. Apparently I have lost 0.2kg which is about half a pound. Hope the scale at the weigh in says the same thing!

Emily, my hubby and I both come from Asia so we prefer Oriental food like rice and noodle dishes. You probably would have noticed that I rarely cook potato ;) (I honestly don't know how to make roast potato, although I love having them with roast meat) I do cook pasta quite a lot though, something I mastered when I was a student :)

I'm over the moon!!! I lost TWO pounds!!! :)
Oh and I got the half stone shinny :) :) :)

(I wonder if this has anything to do with me going to different groups. I tend to gain when I go to Monday WI but lose when I go to Tuesday WI)

OMG Congratulations!!!!!!! 2lbs is amazing! And how good does it feel to get that shiney at long last!?!?!?! Well done hun. That lemon tart cant have been that bad, hehe.

They're both at around 12 noon. I think I now prefer the Tuesday wi! Haha!

was playing around with this tickerfactory graph plotting function - quite cool!

My Weight Chart:
>

21/9 Tuesday

snack: alpen light (half of HeB)
lunch: itsu salmon supreme sushi set (4 syns, est) with extra salad
snack: pineapple cubes, 2 ravita with laughing cow light (other half of HeB, some HeA)
dinner: melon and parma ham (1 syn), oyako don (chicken, onion, egg, rice)

total: 5 syns

was too lazy to go to the gym... played the wii for 35 minutes. didn't get as sweaty as 35 minutes on the treadmill / cross trainer but I believed that's still better than sitting in front of the TV / laptop for 35 minutes! :p

Back