Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

Yep, definitely, any kind of movement/activity is good. Even just doing housework like hoovering or something :D I've been walking my dog loads, which isn't as strenuous as doing some cardio in the gym, but better than being sat around on my bum, lol.

Any exercise / walking is better than sitting on your bum. ;)

Went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch with some friends, had some fattening food that wasn't particularly yummy. Must have been around 2 tablespoon of oil overall. 12 syns consumed. Just like that. :cry:

Eek, evil oil!! Shame it wasn't even yummy :( Can you go syn free for the rest of the day today?

I'll try to. I haven't been hungry all afternoon, haven't had any alpen bar yet today. Maybe that's the plus side of a fatty lunch... Going out for dinner at a sushi restaurant, which is relatively healthy and sw friendly! (but I will probably have some of their homemade ice-cream for dessert ;) )

22/9 Wednesday

Breakfast: left-over tuna + mixed veg + konnyaku stir-fry
snack: raspberry + fat free yogurt, apple
lunch: dined at a Chinese restaurant near the office. had some veg and meat stir-fry with rice, but the dishes felt FAT :cry: estimate: 2 tablespoon of oil in the cooking (12 syns)
snack: apple, alpen light (half of HeB)
dinner: lots of sushi, salmon sashimi, small scoop of green tea ice cream (3 syns)

(confession: had little superfree during dinner, but I tried to eat more sf during the day so that overall I hope I've had around 1/3 sf over the day)

total: 15 syns

Well done hun, you did really well after having the chinese at lunch, and managed to stay within your 15 syns too :D

Just wondering, for those of you who have lost huge amount of weight, will your flesh and skin get loose and what do you do with it?

Saw this on groupon London today…Cellulite Reduction, Body Slimming & Firming treatment. I wonder if this vela-shape treatment really helps with contouring the body and reducing size of fat cells? anyone here has tried anything similar? And did it help?

http://www.bodysmooth.co.uk/vela-shape

Currently 99 quid instead of 450 at groupon for 3 courses for those who are interested
http://www.groupon.co.uk/

Ooo, I wonder if that really works, would be interested to see if anyone has had it done. Looks just like a vacuum cleaner tho, hehe.

a very low syn day today :)

23/9 Thursday

Breakfast: left-over tuna + mixed veg + konnyaku stir-fry + rice
Lunch: left-over tuna + mixed veg + konnyaku stir-fry + rice (how very boring), rocket salad in fat free french salad dressing (1 syn for 2 table spoon)
snack: alpen light bar (half of HeB), fresh pineapples, fat free yogut
dinner: oyako don (chicken with egg and onions on rice), seaweed salad, yuzu (grapefruit) favoured salad dressing (assume 1 syn for 2 table spoon)

total syns: 2 - all from salad dressings!

haha! yes there's some estimation :p because the dressing I have is not on the slimming world database. but it looks very low fat (it looks more like soy sauce than salad dressing! I can see no oil)

ok just got out the packaging, 13 kcal per 15g, 0g fat!! so its actually fat free!! hurray. it could even have been free!

Last edited:
Had a healthy breakfast (strawberries and blackberries with fat free yogurt), got into work, colleagues last day so some chocolate and cakes in the kitchen saying "eat me" and I did eat some.

Had 3 mini bite size brownie which is 45 calorie each, so that's around 2 syns each based on a rough rule of thumb I saw on another thread suggesting it's around 1 syn for 20 calories. Also had 2 pieces of choc... I guess it must be time of the month soon, I am craving for choc!!

24/9 Friday

Breakfast: strawberries + blackberries + fat free yogurt, Alpen light bar (HeB)
Snack: M&S mini bite choc brownie x 3: 45 calories each so 2 syns each. 2 pieces of choc. 3 syns each (?) total: 2 x 3 + 3 x 2 = 12 syns. some grapes too!
Lunch: left-over tuna + mixed veg + konnyaku stir-fry + rice, garlic prawns
Snack: banana, apple, fat free yogurt, alpen light bar (HeB)
Pre dinner: small white wine (6 syns)
Dinner: rice + beef + broccoli + spring onion + egg
Post dinner: strawberries + blackberries + fat free yogurt

Total syns: 18

Well, it proves that your gain was the exception, as your usual rule is certainly losing!

And don't think about the 80% to go: appreciate that in only 6 weeks you're 20% of the way to your target. Well done you!

thanks for the encouragement, JimofTroy ;)

25/9 Saturday

Breakfast: left over phad thai noodles (chicken, noodles, bean sprout)
Snack: Alpen light (half of HeB)
Lunch: dined out. picked pasta with prawns and tomato -based sauce, and a side salad, hopefully not too many syns there (say 1 tbsp, so 6 syns). some chips from my hubby's dish. (yum, but 2 syns) 1 cranberry juice 4.5 syns
Dinner: lots of sushi (seaweed, rice, fish)

Total syns: 12.5 syns

26/9 Sunday
Breakfast: blackberries + fatfree yogurt
Lunch: rice with beef, spring onions and egg
snack: potato rosti with mushroom (some cheese in the rosti, HeA, and some oil too I believe, 6 syns), 1 green tea biscuit (2 syns)
dinner: cucumber chicken salad with a garlic / ginger / sesame dressing. 4 syns with the sesames

total: 12 syns

Last edited:
deciding whether to weigh today or tomorrow. the scale at the Tuesday WI group seems to be more friendly to me, lol :snoopyhouse:

Back