Dreamingmaid....is seeing this through to the AWESOME end!

Hey hon
I am pleased that you finally managed to do a number two..... you poor thing its not fun beeing constipated..
You sound like you are doing great on 1000.. I am enjoying being on it to.. I also go away around the same time, my plan is to stay on 1000 though whilst there. I will have lots of fruit and when Im away I think it might be easier..being so hot well heres me hoping. lol

I think your plan sounds good but perhaps when you get back see where you are and how you feel..

Well done your doing so well..
x

Hey DM glad to see you are still hanging in there adn glad you managed to go to the loo - there is nothing worse.

you are going to look fab on your hols
xxx

Thanks girls,
My god....today is so hot. And i've just spent 2 hours in the kitchen cooking up a roast...what is wrong with me? A roast in this weather....not that i'll be having any.
Yesterday was a bloomin brilliant day....met my pal in town and took the kids to the playground, then brought them all an ice cream as bribery to be well behaved whilst we sat outside starbucks for a coffee. It worked!!
Anyway my friend was really complimentry on the weight i had lost even though i only saw her a month ago, which goes to show that even a months worth of weight loss can really be noticed.
Kids then fell asleep and we walked over to Tesco's home plus to have a look at the clothes...i tried on a size 14 dress....it fell off...tried on a size 12 dress...it hung. Picked up a size 10 (yes 10) and tried it on....it fitted perfectly!
The lady in the changing room said she wish she could have my figure after having 3 kids. Yep....i was grinning like a cheshire cat and my lovely friend said that in my head i am bigger than i actually am. So, bought the dress and a few bits and bobs for the holiday and then walked home. Was sooooo happy, an actually thought....you know what, i am quite happy the way i am at the moment. I'm curvy, all bum and thighs but i like it. I'm not skinny and actually have no desire to be.
My weight loss has stalled but so what! If it happens...and i hope it does then fabulous but if not i am not unhappy the way i am now. I don't want to chase a number on the scales and let it dictate my moods

Anyway, saturday night my friend is babysitting and me and DH are hitting the town as a belated Anniversary celebration to oursleves. It will be the first time ever off plan. Bit nervous, but i just want to have a good time. Will be having a little drink and a meal...and see how the evening unfolds. Very much looking forward to it.

I have bought a dress for the ocassion and i'll post some pics when i'm all dressed up so i can show you my progress.

So that's it peeps

Today's menu
AM: Egg and Toast
Mid AM: Choc Shake
Lunch: Salad and Grapes
Dinner: Chicken, cous-cous and veg
Supper: Caramel Bar

Hi DM, just caught up on your diary for the first time, must have missed it your first week and then i was on hols! So very belated but welcome to the maintenace bit, you seem to be doing fabulously on 1000 despite your upheaval too!
You are very brave to be going for a BA i'd love a TT one day but not sure i could actually go through with it, after 2 csections its kinda put me off...oh well! i had 2 hoooooge babby's too both nearly 10lbs each, lovely wrinkly belly but hey ho, it's better than the big fat belly i had before CD!
You must be sooo chuffed on the size 10's that's fabulous! well done you, it's a great feeling isnt when you you head is insisiting you need to 12/14 and the only thing that fits is a 10, i remember dong the same thing in Tesco's and still continued to disbelieve that it was a correct 10 all the way home until hubby put me straight!
Glad you are enjoying the 1000 plan it's a great plan, i loved it!
Not long for your hols now then, where are you going? i've just got back from Spain it was soo hot!

Wishing you fab day!!

xx

Hi LellyCd, nice to meet you. I'm off to Lanzarote....it's our first time abroad as a family so just hoping that the kids will be ok on the plane. Will take lots of bribery and activities for them to do.

Well, just another quick one for me again. I'm so busy lately that i don't get much time to read or post on Minis but i am still hanging in there. My plans have changed a bit....i have dropped back down to 810 to try and get the last of the weight off....which kind of contradicts what i wrote in my earlier posts but with the holiday looming i would really like to drop a few more pounds. Started 810 yesterday and so far so good.

Today is kind of a biggie for me, i am off to london to see a plastic surgeon about my boob op, if all goes well i will most probably book with him and arrange a date for the op. Very exciting! So i will keep you all informed.

We had a great weekend, i haven't strayed off the diet since i started and me and DH celebrated our belated anniversary by going out for a few drinks at Baroosh, then a meal at a tapas restaurant which was absolutelydevine. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, got more than a little merry but got straight back on the plan the day after, so really quite proud of myself.

Well hello again diary. I haven't forgotten about you and i am very much still here...just haven't updated for over a month because i've been on holiday and just been generally so busy.
So, where do i start....ok well i haven't been following any of the cambridge diet plans for a good month and i have had a fab family holiday (just me, dh and the 3 kids) to lanzarote. I had a weeks blip before i went and felt a bit screwed up in the head...was swinging between bingeing and starvation and felt awfully low about it all. Then i thought i would give myself a break whilst on holiday and see what happened...i had a great time. I generally ate some toast and an egg for brekkie and then fruit all day, sometimes a salad (too hot for anything else). Then in the evening DH would get the barbie on and we'd have some bbq meat and another big salad with cous-cous or some spanish omlette. I never felt deprived, i didn't diet and although had the occasional evening choccie didn't gain an ounce when i returned home. So incredibly happy about it, but more importantly since i have got back i have been following the exact same routine and am still weighing in at the same. I don't know how many calories i am eating, or fat grams or carbs but one thing i do know is that i am in a happier place then before i went on holiday.
So ideally would like to drop another half stone but i think i will let my body set the pace. I am in no hurry. I know i don't need to lose anymore, but i definately do need to tone up...am thinking about starting a gym membership with my friend whilst the kids are at preschool, then that will be my little bit of 'me' time...something that i have never had post children.

So that's where i am now. Just hope i keep this healthy mind set. Will update soon i am sure.

Think thats a wonderfully normal way of eating hun! Sounds super and well done for managing to stay the same on holiday! I dont know if i would be able to cope with that! lol.

Think it must be so difficult to come out of the other side of that binge/starvation mode and you have done it wonderfully so you need a HUGE pat on the back for that!

Hope that last 7lbs comes off for you

x

Little update from me again. I feel bad for not updating my progress regularly but life is busy in the Dreamingmaid household and i don't get much chance to sit down until gone 9pm and by then i just want to veg out on the sofa and relax.
So, still going well here healthwise. Haven't gained nor lost so overall i'm very happy with that. I did get down to 10st5 before the weekend but then had a great weekend out with DH and had far too many cocktails and a slap up meal, then my mum made a sunday lunch (which are legendry) and i am up on the scales today to 10st 7 again lol.
I bought some gorgeous knee length leather boots from next at the weekend, i have never worn long boots because i always thought i had abnormally large calves (my excuse anyway) and not only do they shim over my calves like a dream, i can also tuck my jeans into them too....love that look!
I'll be honest, there are times when i feel like going back on cd to lose the last 1/2 stone, but i honestly don't think i could drop below 1200 plan now, and for some reason the thought of even opening a shake or soup really doesn't appeal to me.
I calculated on a typical day i eat about 1300-1500 calories per day, sometimes more sometimes less so really i should see some results i guess. Truth be told i'm more interested in maintaining a healthy relationship with food that trying desperatley to lose the final 7 pounds. But in the back of my head i feel i haven't accomplished my goal yet....even though i've lost 4 1/2 stones....strange innit?!

Anyway, i've really wanted to start doing some more exercise but i do find it hard to fit it in....i know that is no excuse...so today i did a 40 min cardio workout whilst the kiddies were at preschool and i walk to the school and walk back twice a day so hopefully it is all adding up.
Still debating whether to join a gym or not.

That's it from me at the moment...i'll check in again soon

I think you've done brilliantly, and to develop that good food relationship after your hols is fab. I should think that all the walking to and from school will add up in no time and keep you fit! Running around after your family will do the rest.
You should be really proud of yourself.

Hello everyone,

Right, i need to tackle this last little bit of weight left to lose.
I've lost nearly 5 stones and only have just over 5lbs to lose judging by my ticker. Mostly i have been trying to keep an eye on the calories...found that my appetite is not that big so eating 1500 cals a day is pretty straightforward....however....i find that on some days i overeat (not by much) and then undereat the following days to componsate.....i don't want to say that it is a binging/starvation scenario by any means...because it's not BUT i'm not happy doing it and i would now like to lose the final weight and i feel like this is tampering my efforts iykwim.

So, i guess it would help if i updated my diary a bit more regularly and maybe start filling in a food chart.
Today i have had
Breakfast; 1 Bolied egg and small slice of granary toast, and half a cd shake that i found in a drawer and fancied something chocolately.
Lunch; Salmon, Beetroot and red onion on Wholemeal bread sandwich, 1 skinny cow hot chocolate
Dinner; Pasta with sweet bbq style chicken sauce. Little piece of garlic bread.

Will fill in rest later.
Hope everyone is well....i don't get chance to read up on diaries much anymore but nice to see some old faces and new ones too!

Last edited:
Hiya Quak, lovely of you to drop in. Wow! your loss in great....how are you finding Exante?

Last night i had such a great night....i went to lakeside shopping with my best pal. Got DH to look after kids and off we went. Mostly went to the cheapie stores like Primark and peacocks and i got some gorgeous knitwear (one in a size 8 can you believe) also some tops to go under knitwear, some accesories and a gorgeous little black dress form peacocks which i am going to jazz up with a gold belt and some leopard print shoes and wear them out tomorrow night.
We are going for a few drinks in town, then heading to a club for a dance to some cheesey music.....can't wait!!

Todays Menu,
Breakfast Porridge with toast and scraping of jam
Lunch Small bowl homemade roasted veg couscous with feta cheese, apple and choc biscuit
Dinner Will be chicken stir fry i think

Hi DM, finding Exante absolutely brilliant to be honest, in fact I have applied to be a case study! It is in no small part thanks to you and Sarah for being so encouraging in the early days :D

Your shopping trip sounds fab, can't wait to have some of them myself but as things are getting too big so fast I am buying as little as possible just to get by until I get much nearer to goal. We also have a holiday to Egypt in February for my OH 50th birthday so that is something else to work towards. Finding shorts and bikinis in January might be a bit of a task though!

Glad you are keeping well and working on that last stubborn bit.

Bren xx

Hello diary,

Been a while since i last caught up so thought i would fill you in.
Things haven't been that great in my mind lately, i already am on antidepressants (had both antenatal and postnatal despression) so have stayed on the meds since having my last baby but my mental state seems to have gone downhill lately. I really don't know why....i thought i was on the mend and was going to talk to my DR about weaning myself off them but this has hit me like brick.
I know that my mental wellbeing is paramount (i have to look after my 3 kiddies and be a good role model for them) but since taking meds my sex drive nose dived.....i feel sexless and have absolutely no desire so i was looking forward to coming off them for obvious reasons.
I am due to see my DR next week and possibly up my dosage or change tablets altogether.
Anyway weightwise i am still exactly the same, neither lost nor gained so fairly happy with that although i would like to lose that last 5 lbs....just don't think i could embark on another diet at the minute.
Also my social life has got a whole lot busier so i find that even if i have a great week foodwise and look set to lose that week i then go out at the weekend and eat and drink too much thus undoing all my hard work....grrrr....just don't know if i'm prepared to give up that side of my life in order to reach that magic number on the scales.
So there are two choices really.... either dedicate myself to losing the weight and just drink soft zero calorie drinks and eat lightly at the weekend OR look at it in a different light and see my current weight as my maintenance weight and continue to let my hair down at the weekends and then cut back during the week to compensate.
I'm still undecided....just don't know if i've got the commitment at the moment to do the former.

Anyway todays menu
Breakfast Porridge
Lunch Roasted Veg coucous, banana and some smarties
Dinner Spaghetti bolognaise

Hiya DM
Sorry to hear you are not so good at the mo, hope your doc can help when you go. I can see where dieting will be a low priority for you but congratulations on maintaining, that is a big achievement especially under the circumstances. Sending you hugs and hoping things get better quickly for you.
Bren xx

Hi hon....
Sorry to here you have not been feeling great for a while hon.
Well done though for maintaining and not going off track...... Sounds like your doing really well..
I think like you said eat well in the week and then perhaps a little of what you fancy on the weekend will keep you well on track although if you do want to lose a little more just stick with the soft drinks and healthy eating........
Hang in there hon you have done so well...... x

PS the dress I was wearing that you asked me about was from a shop near where I live x

Well another update from me, I GOT TO GOAL!!
Wooohooo!! I actually got to goal last week!
I am now 10st.
So i post a bit in the calorie counters section as i have been mainly calorie counting to shed those last few pounds and i decided just to tackle the issue and get on with it. I kept to a 1500 calorie a day limit and whoosh...it worked in a matter of days! So quick in fact that i have been weighing myself everyday to check that the scales weren't broken....but they still say 10st!
A very happy Dreamingmaid here!

Well done on getting to goal! that's sooo Fab!!

xx

As the title says, i am in such a quandry over what to do.
I have gained a massive amount of weight since hitting goal. I've had repeated attempts on a series of different diets and i fail at every single one. Once or twice i've restarted CD again but just end up flipping out after a day and giving up.
At the moment i am following SW, doing ok...problem is i just dont seem to lose weight on it. I have my weigh in tomorrow, first one for a fortnight and it looks like i'm exactly the same weight.

Seeing everyone posting again and getting through those first few tough days really motivates me but i'm so scared to re-attempt....scared of failure :(
I feel so overweight and unhealthy yet cant get in the frame of mind to stick to the ridigity of CD....but i so want to.

Can anyone give me words of comfort or wisdom, show me that all is not lost.

P.s...it so lovely and refreshing to see so many familiar faces again

Back