Dreamingmaid....is seeing this through to the AWESOME end!

Hi DM, your story sounds so similar to mine, I got to goal in 2009, put on some weight and lost it with WW in 2010, since then I have managed to put on just over 3 stone, I have tried countless diets, even managing CD again in October for 4 weeks but each time I blow it and put on more weight than when I had started. I started CD on Monday, blew it Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but am back on track today, maybe more positive than I was on Monday.... I have these constant battles in my head too, so I can totally relate to what you are saying, I am depressed coz I am overweight and then when I start CD am depressed as I am deprived of food, but I really need to take food out of the equation for a while as I cannot just seem to have a small amount. I lost a lot of my weight last time on 810, so that is a brilliant plan to be on. Fingers crossed for you, we can do it!!!

Morning all,
Day 3 for me here, just had my first shake of the day...choc orange...mmmmm.
Had a peak on the scales this morning and already a very motivating 4lbs down. Hurraahh!!
Dropped my kids off at nursery this morning and then went straight back to bed....got headache and energy slump so wondering if i've entered ketosis.

Greeneyes, i was at diet rock bottom before starting this last attempt and didn't ever think i'd lose this weight again, i know what you are going through and it is torture but keep strong. I'm finding now that i just have to take it one day at a time....i know that's been said a lot on this forum but it is true. I can't even contemplate or dream of fitting back into my size 10's at the moment, i'm just doing it hour by hour, day by day and something seems to have clicked this time. I'm not having the mental battle going on, i'm not feeling depressed or hard done by....i am just doing it. And i am so relieved. Keep posting, everyone here knows what you are going through

Great attitude DM, and inspiring words... have a brilliant Day 3!

xxx

Cheers Katy, hows your day going today?

Bren, do you find that your weight has stabilized now? How long is it since you hit goal? What were the Exante maintenance steps or did you go straight from TS to Atkins?

Day 8 for me and not too bad... had a hungry moment at 11.30 but it passed and I didn't have my porridge until 1.30, 30 mins later than planned... a busy evening too so hopefully that will stop me from thinking too much about food!

xxx

Bren, do you find that your weight has stabilized now? How long is it since you hit goal? What were the Exante maintenance steps or did you go straight from TS to Atkins?

I still have to keep a very close eye on it and as soon as I eat carbs it goes up very quickly which is why atkins is great for me. I don't really miss most carby stuff to be honest although Christmas was a little off track lol - put on 9lbs but 5 came back off again in the first week so it was all water weight associated with glycogen increase. I ended up half a stone or so above my initial goal as people were saying I had got too thin and I could actually see it in my face which was a little disturbing. I try and keep myself round the 60 kilo mark but at the moment am around 63 but working on getting it back down (although I am at a wedding all day tomorrow so that will not help just as TOTM has not helped today - feel bloated as hell and the scales showed it this morning - typical)
I started Atkins about 6 months ago and virtually went straight into it, have had the odd few days off for special occasions now and again but get straight back in afterwards so I don't do too much damage. I love being slim and don't want to do anything to put me back on the road to morbid obesity again so I am very careful most of the time, but I do allow myself treats when I want them, especially alcohol of course. I think my body is still redistributing as I do notice clothes fit differently to when I first lost the weight - what I really need to do is get back into some serious exercise as the winter has been very bad for the long walking I was doing with the dog which helped greatly to get the weight off in the first place.

My god I do ramble on don't I? lol - sorry - but it may help insomnia :rolleyes: hope some of that may have helped for the future when you get back to where you want to be xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi DM, so glad you are doing well, your post and Bren's are both so helpful to me. Thankyou.

Bren, ramble away as much as you like. It keeps me distracted from food lol.
It's good to know you can still have the odd treat day and then pull in the reigns when its over. Wish i could have exerted some of that self control back then.
I totally agree on the exercise, i still go to the gym and i enjoy it, it gives me some 'me' time away from the kids and time to think whilst doing something constructive with my health. Having said that i have laid off the gym this week whilst i settle into 810 plan.

Bess & Jess:) thanks for the comments...we are all in this together. Hope all good with you both

So the end of day 3 for me and all went smoothly until i was finishing my dinner and suddenly thought of the task ahead of me and realised that i'm going to be at this for a while until i'm at my goal weight. Then my gremlin tried to persuade me that i should just ditch it and raid the fridge! i didn't thankfully....however, for a few fleeting moments it did cross my mind and it really threw me.
Decided i would come on here and waffle away about it. Strange how these feeling really have a hold on you sometimes.

Well done on not giving in ;)

I hope you have a great weekend x

You did it... Day 3 done and dusted, very well done for talking back to those gremlins and staying out of the fridge! Hope you have a great Day 4... stay strong and have a fab Saturday!

xxx

Hang on in there DM! Maybe give yourself something to do that takes you away from food... or even gets you out of the house? And remind yourself why you are doing this... tell yourself you don't want to pick/eat because you want to be slim and strong. There's always an extra pack if it doesn't let up, and maybe an early night? It will pass!

xxx

Thanks Katy,
Feeling more positive now, today and last night have been so, so hard....had a long chat with DH and that really helped with the head stuff. For the moment i will stick to 810 but if it starts bogging me down i will move to 1000
At first the idea of moving up made me feel like a failure instantly but that's not true...loadsa people still lose consistenly on the 1000kcal plan and they're not failures are they? so i'm not going to give myself a hard time about it. The important thing is i haven't given up...the motivation is still there and long may it continue

The important thing is i haven't given up...the motivation is still there and long may it continue

Exactly!! x

I am now doing 1000 plan - Well seems to be between 810,1000 and about 1400 the last couple of days :rolleyes:

We aren`t failures, We`re doing what is right for US :)

Xxxxxx

Glad you're feeling a bit brighter! Of course 1000 isn't a 'fail', no way... probably one of the best plans, as it allows you to be a little bit flexible, and on such low cals you WILL lose weight of course. It may be that 810 gets easier once you are properly in ketosis, so don't make any hasty decisions, but whatever plan you opt to use in the long run remember nobody is judging you - it has to be right for you, & if it feels right you are much more likely to make it work. I lost most of my weight first time around on the 810/1000 plans and thought they were great.

Have a good evening DM!

xxx

Morning all,
So, last night i was really stressing out and at breaking point so decided to just eat a little more at dinner time, kind of off plan stuff but not totally bad. I will be out of ketosis though.
However today i feel fine about it and ready to crack on again with 810. its kind of like i needed to do that to make peace with myself. I know that sounds totally weird but i'm not regretful. And if it happens every few days then is that a problem? As long as i'm taking in fewer calories then i'm expending then surely i'm losing weight.
Just love Lellycd's calm approach to it all and think i need to employ a similar attitude.
Anyway will check in later with an update. Think we are taking kids to the zoo today so some fresh air and a change of scenery might do me the world of good.

Hey DM, that's the ticket hun, getting back into the stride of 810 is not easy the odd stumble does not mean the end so pick up and carry on!
Hope you had a lovely day out
Here's to great week!
xx

DM, hope you have had a lovely day!

xxx

Back