Dreamingmaid....is seeing this through to the AWESOME end!

Hope the week starts out better for you DM and your day at the zoo was good. 810 is a good plan, but then so is 1000, you could decide to change between the two depending on how hungry you are in a day.... drop down when you feel more in control.

Hi all,

Didn't go to the zoo in the end yesterday as it was cold and wet and my youngest has a cold so didn't want to expose him even further. In the end we popped to town, DH got his haircut and i attempted to get my eyebrows threaded but was put off by the girl who runs the stall. It is a first come first served basis and there was absolutely no one in front of me, but she told me to come back in 10 minutes when she had finished her sandwich! WFT?, put your sandwich on hold for a minute love...i'm your only customer. I didn't say that because i'm a coward but i felt like it lol.

Well i haven't been on plan...me bad! I'm just not sure i can follow any 'plan' until i sort myself out first. My mind just rebels at following any diet.
At the moment i am just eating healthily and mentally tallying up the calories consumed.
I think i need to take the emphasis out of losing weight by first really getting into nutrishious, healthy and whole foods. I love the taste of fresh food but lack confidence to try new dishes. Secondly getting fit(ter). I have gym membership and i really want to start using it properly...not going in dribs and drabs. I would love to eventually run 5k, and trained for it last year when i was a lot lighter but never quite got there.
Hopefully with those two working in harmony, weight loss *might* follow.
All i know is i need to get off the diet/binge/starve misery cycle i have been on for the last 16 months.

I will keep my diary running here if that's ok with the rest of the lovely ladies here....this area feels like my home:)
And i will try and keep myself accountable for the choices i make by jotting it down here.
Here's to hopefully a happier, healthier future x

Hi DM, you really have to do what is right for you, I know what you mean about the constant diet/binge/starve misery cycle, I have also been on it for over a year now, I have started CD 4 times now in the last year lasting 4 weeks at the most. This time I started last Monday, blew it for 3 days but have managed to claw my way back and work out a plan that at the moment is working for me. I have 2 CD meals (plus this lunch I had a cup a soup also) and then a WW meal in the evening. We have lots of chocolate left from Christmas and so we are allowed two celebrations/heroes each an evening and I have 2 aswell so I am not feeling deprived and we have one of those posh coffee makers that grind beans and make coffee and we buy Costa coffee beans so I treat myself to a skinny latte after my evening meal if I have been good all day and can afford the calories.... its working for me at the moment.....

DM, of course you have to stay here and keep posting! It will help, I'm sure. Was it you who'd ordered the Beck book, too? I really think that will help you, it actually gives you work to do pre-diet to maximise your chances of success, and that could be a good way to get your head into gear. Also looking at a diet that's not so all-or-nothing might be best, (as long as you stay here & keep posting, lol!)

Greeneyes, swooning at the thought of a latte, mmm! That would be a great motivator for me!

xxx

Yeah it was me who ordered the beck book Katy, i'm really looking forward to recieving it.
I'm quite optimistic about the whole thing now. I might even throw in a few 810 days here and there just to keep my body guessing....just don't think i can do it long term.
The upshot is i lost 4lb (would have been 6 but i think my glycogen stores are refilled) so that has gone straight off my ticker!

That's fantastic... well done! I think mixing it up is fine, as long as you make healthy choices for your body you will get there... let me know when you start reading the Beck!

xxx

So today my food choices went like this

B: Porridge
L: Leek and Potato Soup, and a bit of bbq chicken i had left from last night
S: Little selection of 1/2 Wholemeal pitta, fruity cous-cous, houmous, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes
D: (Still to come) Quorn Cottage pie, made this from their website and it looks great.

Also had white coffee with sweetners.
Exercise: None
Water: 2.5 litres.

Task for tomorrow: Fit in some exercise

Hey DM, Your plan sounds great hun, healthy eating and exercise, your menu looks fab! miss my pitta bread a bit, think i have 'pitta-addict' tendancies though, prob a good thing to have a break!
Fab loss too! well done!
Have a great week hun
x

Food choices sound lush. It has occurred to me that I am very lazy when it comes to food and cooking and that is something I will need to address when I start working up the plan.

Hope all is well with you this Tuesday x

Do stay here DM, as I am. Like you, CD did my head in in the end and I know I can't do it again just now. The alternative, eating sensibly and aiming to drop a little downwards is all I can face. You can do this too, it's a matter of adopting a different frame of mind which doesn't involve 'failing' and just pressing on. x

Afternoon Ladies,

Hi Curlywurly, good to see you again. Who'd have though the class of 09 would be reunited again. It's lovely to see how everyone is getting on. I think i win the prize for most weight regained though. Hmphh.

Bess, you and I sound like we are in very similar positions. I'm trying to adopt a different mindset, if i see this as a diet i will ultimately fail so for now i'm just trying to see it as a healthy change. My head feels a lot clearer and that is important.

Not much planned for today, the car has gone in for servicing so am at home with the kids today. May walk to asda's with them later, fingers crossed they behave though.
I've got some butternut squash and red onions that need using up so will hunt out a recipe and whiz up a storm in the kitchen soon.
Got a stir fry planned for tea later and will do a fitness dvd soon seeing as i cant drive to the gym.

Afternoon DM, well done on the 4lbs :D
I think you are doing the sensible thing with your eating, sometimes the word diet is enough to put us off track completely. What is the Beck book about then?

Hey Bren, the beck book (if i'm right) deals with how to follow diets or keeping off the pounds by using cognitive therapy. It helps you deal with self sabotage and emotional eating i'm lead to believe. Katycakes has been reading it and i'm due mine in the post any day now. Think it could really help with my demons. How are you chuck?

Hey Bren, the beck book (if i'm right) deals with how to follow diets or keeping off the pounds by using cognitive therapy. It helps you deal with self sabotage and emotional eating i'm lead to believe. Katycakes has been reading it and i'm due mine in the post any day now. Think it could really help with my demons. How are you chuck?

I think I might have to get me one of them books :D

Hurrah! My Beck book came today, can't wait to do some serious bedtime reading with it later.
Happy with todays food choices:
B: 2 Boiled Egg, Slice Vogels linseed bread
L: Roasted Butternut Squash and Red Onion on Rocket Salad with Feta Cheese (that was awesome:D)
S: Same as yesterday
D: (Still to come)Steak Stirfry
White coffee with sweetners.
Exercise: See below
Water: 2.5 litres.

Tried my best to fit some activity into my day, dug out an exercise dvd and probably did about half of it before kids decided to join in which promptly ended with us all in a heap on the floor.
Good 40 mins brisk walk to Asda:)

Hope ya all having a great day

Oh, love the sound of the menu (except the steak, I'm veggie!) and the exercise that ended with a heap of kids... aw! Bet that walk has helped a lot too, well done! Good luck with the book!

xxx

Not bad ta - having a few days on Exante just to get off the eating whatever is in front of me cycle after being away for the weekend, it just seems to reset my head for going back onto atkins - had a lovely weekend though, a wedding all day saturday and a relaxed munchy day sunday lol :rolleyes:

Just a quick call in to say 'Happy Wednesday' DM, hope your day goes well!

xxx

Morning DM.

I have to say that your family life sounds like one huge party of laughter. I am picturing the scene of all of you on the floor in a big heap giggling. It reminds me of when I bought the Geri Halliwell Yoga DVD. Myself, Jess and my other daughter Laura decided to try it. One of the first exercises was a sumo squat. So we all got down into position and on the way down my backside exploded (TMI?) and that was that!! We just fell on the floor in hysterics. End of workout. Can you imagine if that had happened in an exercise class??????

Hope that hasnt put you off your breakfast and hope you have a lovely day

x

Back