Dropping dress sizes.

Scrapmouse

I was a M&S size 24 before I started on this journey. Now after 2 1/2 weeks I am wearing my size 22 skirts OK and my tops seem to be a bit on the big size.

Today I bought a pair of Per Una Jeans and a knitted top in size 18. They are my incentive to wear when I have a girlies weekend away at the beginning of March.

Do you think I have judged it right??? Will I be in an 18 or not.......or even perhaps a 16??????

Hard to tell but what is your experience of losing dress sizes?

I was about14 - 14 st 7lbs stone when I was in a 16 - but it really is a movable feast - clothes and people differ so much it's hard to guess.

Wear them anyway and spend the weekend saying "oo i must by some new jeans these are sooo baggy now".

My tip is do invest in some fashion belts to extend the life of skirts and trews.

I was a M&S size 24 before I started on this journey. Now after 2 1/2 weeks I am wearing my size 22 skirts OK and my tops seem to be a bit on the big size.

Today I bought a pair of Per Una Jeans and a knitted top in size 18. They are my incentive to wear when I have a girlies weekend away at the beginning of March.

Do you think I have judged it right??? Will I be in an 18 or not.......or even perhaps a 16??????

Hard to tell but what is your experience of losing dress sizes?

It really does depend on the person, and where u lose the weight from...

from personal experience, I started an evans size 26/28 and have vowed never to shop in there again so don't know what "evans size" I am... :eek:

After 10 weeks I am now in a size 20 jeans from dorothy perkins ... and a size 22 work trousers from dorothy perkins (I like to think they are a "small 22! though" ...)

Its definately achievable... but don't be disheartened if you don't get in them by the time u want to... they WILL fit at some point, it just depends where u lose weight from first.

Apparently, its around about a stone per dress size... which works out about right for me... because I hve lost 4 stone.. and 3/4 dress sizes... use this as a ROUGH guide and u shud be able to work it out :rolleyes: good luck xx

Hmm, I need to lose another 2 stones before March. I think it might be a bit of a challenge but I am determined and have had 3 good weight losses in the nearly 3 weeks I have been doing it.

Thanks for the tip about the belt. I think that is a good one!

I think it has to do with how tall you are also.

I love Per Uno and cant wait to get some - lucky you.

i have always had problems with clothing.
Rightly or wrongly (wrongly) i have worn the same clothes when slim and now when fat. It's just that i look an absolute bugger in them now so i want to look as if they really do fit soon. My son is travelling around the world and i want to be slim when he calls into England in June and for my clothes to look nice rather than s--t--r--e--t--c--h--e--d over the fat.
Fat or thein my bust size doesn't seem to change so it is a fight to get anything over them.
My daughter has some beautiful size 14 clothes from Top Shop that seem to be a lot smaller than size 14 from other shops and i would love to steal (borrow) those from her.

I have been large for so long that I have built up a wardrobe based on size 22-24. I don't want to wear elastic waists any more. I want to wear Jeans that fit properly. I want a waist.

Don't want much do I??? :D :D :D

I have been large for so long that I have built up a wardrobe based on size 22-24. I don't want to wear elastic waists any more. I want to wear Jeans that fit properly. I want a waist.

Don't want much do I??? :D :D :D
Totally achievable though.
All my wardrobe was 20 at the start I was 14'12 and 5'4.
I was size 18 quite quickly, about 1/2 a stone at a guess and then about 1 size per stone after that.
I am now 11'8 and in size 12 jeans/trousers and tops in most shops, primark always cut small as do a few others.

What I have been doing is trying on stuff in a smaller size (moslty donated by my sister) every week to see when it fits, it is amazing how quickly you get in it.
I now have a pair of size 10 jeans in the same style as my 12s that I got last week, they go on but I can't do them up, but this week they are a bit closer, so I will keep going until they fit.

My waist is back (not that I have seen it for some years).

This is confusing cos I've lost nearly 4 stone but my trouser size has only gone down one size :sigh: My tummy is my problem but it is just beginning to downsize now so fingers crossed :)

I have lost 2 1/2 stone and only gone down 1 1/2 sizes, but I am only 5. 3.

My tummy never seems to go down:(. I have the waist size of a size 22 (according to the catalogues) but my hips are size 16. Same waist size as my sister who is 2 stones heavier than me, its so frustating. Trying to get some exercise so that should help!!! I'm 5ft4" and 12st12lbs.

It is a fact that the smaller you are the less you have to weigh to get into smaller sizes.

In my estimation if I was 7' 10" I would be a size 12:D:D:D:D

My tummy won't go either, come what may. I had 3 c-sections in 3 years long ago and it has NEVER been ok since then, fat or thin.

No kids either but have PCOS which means fat tends to be stored on belly. I've got great legs though and no bum!!!!!!!!!! Suppose you have to try to see the positives even when it feels hard!

Back