Dry January?!

I'm doing dryathlon too. I probably drink too much, too often which isn't helped as hubby makes me home brew ginger beer.

I cut down in December when I started sw, overindulged over Xmas and am back being dry in spite of the box of wine my uncle sent us for Xmas.

I did it last January and it was mainly OK but I didn't lose weight as ate more to compensate. Hopefully it'll help my weight loss but I'm aware I'll have no crutch to rely on!

Oooo...i feel i am eating more to compensate! Then when i start drinking again im worried i wil do both!..

I need to stop eating more now before it gets habit! Saturday evening in is my problem!

Having a dry January here too. I did Dryathalon last year for Cancer Research UK and raised £400. Just doing it as a personal challenge this year though as I am sure a huge proportion of my extra calories come from wine and beer!

I wish I could but I can't.
I'm still going to check in on you all and I really admire your strength.

As it happens, I haven't had a drink today :p

My challenge is going to be a meal at the I laws tomorrow. I normally survive the experience with a couple of large glasses of wine!

Yep I'm up for a 'dry' January too. Me and the OH had copious amounts of wine and fizz, just before the bells, and toasted the NY with the Asda 'pretend' wine too. Must say feel better for not drinking! :)

I survived a 'dry' visit to the inlaws! (Although I may have been slightly more intolerant!)

Drank sparkling water only. Then they babysat while we popped round to friends who were guzzling booze and I stuck to lemon & ginger tea and sparkling water. Lifted the kids, got home at 1am and woke feeling fresh - that's a major bonus. Downside I am up peeing in the night from all the water!

I survived a meal in a pub with not drinkung alcohol! I had two bottles of becks blue and a hot choc when i got home :) pleased with myself!

Not sure how I will get on because I love drinking wine in the house too much!!! But def going to give it a go because I won't lose weight without doing it!!! X

I've drunk on alcohol on 2 of the 5 January days. Not bad going for me.
How are you dry lot getting on?

Not a drop (despite two social occasions) so amazed with myself. Am on a bit of a spring clean obsession with my new found time and energy!

Still booze free in 2014

Endured a family party with the inlaws on Sat night with only diet Coke to keep me going. Last night I was out for dinner and had water (was hoping it'd turn into wine) and a mint tea for afters...

I am a broken woman, BROKEN.

Kimberly- well done still..cutting down is still good going!

Ive been booze free till boxing day ( due to being ill too tho!) and it hasnt bothered me at all.

We opened a few xmas presents yesterday to be greeted with...

ForumRunner_20140106_094359.png

But its not bothered me as of yet! I was pouring my pretend wine thinking any other time id of been pouring the prosecco!

I think this will teach me that just because there is alcohol in the house doesnt mean it has to be drank. Infact i think i will save the prosecco till valentines day!

I also took out £20 for my meal on saturday, had 3 becks blue ( non alcohol lager) and came home with £5 which went in my money tin....feeling happy about not drinking!

My pretend drink of choice is Slimline tonic with a dash of lime, I pretend it's G&T. I don't even drink gin normally, so have no idea if it really tastes like it.

Gosh you're all doing so well!!!

CD that proper made me laugh about not knowing what it tastes like but pretending your drinking G&T! Hahaha. It tastes rank. Like grapefruit. Really rank.
I see you like(d) shots then Becki- that Micky Finns looks gorge. Bet its synnarrific!

Booze-free days:- 4/6 xxx

No! Lol hardly drink shots..ut came with a drinking game..im sure we will make use of it at some point hehe...in a few months!
I need something nice and syn free to drink..fed up if juice :(

Hi everyone. Another Dry January'er here!

A week into it today and so far doing well. I haven't been tempted at all, even at the weekend when I sat and watched my OH polish off a bottle of wine lol! Still only early days I know, but I'm determined to do this. If I can manage January, I may even continue on throughout February (excluding the 1st as I'm out for my friends birthday). In fact, for as long as possible.

How is everyone else holding out?

Back