Dry January?!

Heading towards our second dry weekend. What's everyone's coping strategy, if you have one? My boyfriend will probably be having a drink at the weekend but I'm going to buy a big 2l bottle of something fizzy to distract me instead. So far I've not even fancied a drink or been tempted when others around me have had one so I'm hoping to stay this strong throughout! X

Weekend's are definitely harder I find. DH is doing dry Jan too, which helps to a point, but as we drink different amounts/tipples anyway it doesn't make that much of a difference to my craving a glass of wine.

I've noticed that when I watch Graham Norton, I always have a strong urge to have wine (and to be fair, most weeks I have a bottle beside me while I am watching it). Bit of an eye-opener to realise I have conditioned myself to drink the vino while his show is on tv.

Coping strategies- I don't have one! If I was going out with my best mates, I'd deffo have a drink, but we don't get together very often. On a night in with DH, I just don't buy any wine, so it's not there to tempt me. He's a whiskey drinker (barf!), which I wouldn't touch if I was dying of thirst. So, I guess my strategy is AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Last year I realised I was drinking too much wine, I'd got into the habit of having "just a glass" in the evenings. So I stopped buying it. I only had wine if we went out for dinner, which is very rare, and I enjoyed it much more. Over the winter though, I started buying it again, only at weekends but still was packing away too much of it.

Weirdly not looking for wine this weekend at all. Mind you on antibiotics for my wisdom tooth now so that might be it!

Good luck this weekend everybody!!

Still going strong here and strangely not missing it, although turned down a party invite last night at the thought of drinking diet coke all night! Glass of champagne waiting for 1 min past midnight on 1 Feb!

Everybody seems to be doing so well. I am managing just fine, but this bitter cold does make me want to curl up on the couch under a blanket with a big glass of red.

As for alternatives I've just remembered a couple or really yummy non-alcoholic drinks that I loved in the days before SW. They are a non-alchoholic mojito and a peach "schnapps". The mojito especially is delicious. I have not bought any for months so don't have any bottles at home I can check, but next time I am in the supermarket I will check out the brand name, labels and syn value. I found them in Sainsburys close to but not in the alcohol section.

Everybody seems to be doing so well. I am managing just fine, but this bitter cold does make me want to curl up on the couch under a blanket with a big glass of red.

As for alternatives I've just remembered a couple or really yummy non-alcoholic drinks that I loved in the days before SW. They are a non-alchoholic mojito and a peach "schnapps". The mojito especially is delicious. I have not bought any for months so don't have any bottles at home I can check, but next time I am in the supermarket I will check out the brand name, labels and syn value. I found them in Sainsburys close to but not in the alcohol section.

Yess dooo. I like the sound of the peach schnapps!

Its weird as i know i cant drink so dont really mind. But if i had the option to drink i think i would. Id like to go through to valentines day without drinking at home!

I've TWO (everybody else) drunken parties to go to today after work. I'm driving to make it an obvious choice but will miss my wine.

Still going strong! Boyfriend has asked if I can call in tesco for him a few cans while he's at footy, so he can have them tonight. I'll get myself some nice diet pop to drink instead! X

Tonights tipple. Alcohol free wine. I saw somebody mention this brand. i think it tastes like elderflower and wont be buying it again. Hubby is going to the shop to get beer..
Noooooo lol

ForumRunner_20140111_183035.png

I had an awesome day of parties. The first one was fine as a few people were driving.

The second was even better as although usually I'd drink I just had a ginger beer, then soda water and danced non stop to 90s classics! I forgot you get a buzz from dancing and my Fitbit thought I'd done 11k! (17,000 steps!).

I reckon that balances the slightly off plan party food and ginger beer. ;)

Getting on plan today.

Pleased I decided to do Dry January as have just realised how much I have on in February!!

1st - night out in Durham for my friends birthday
8th - auntie's 50th birthday party
14th - Valentines Day

Think I'm going to allow myself a tipple on those 3 occasions and then aim for the rest of February to be dry also.

Still doing well with Dry January, not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips! :)

Im still strong! I have my god daughters christening saturday though and i will drink...in moderation. Then aim to not dtink till valentines

10 dry days out of 16 up til yesterday.

Thursday 9th was 2 vodka's and went home early when everyone else partied.
Sunday 12th was one pint and designated driver instead of getting trollied.
I don't count tuesday where I opened a can of koppaberg and had a few depressed gulps. Like 2-3. Doesn't count.
I don't count last night where I took a depressed gulp of martini and mixer and chucked it down the sink.

For me, this is a big deal.
For you guys who haven't had a drink for 3 weeks, well- I'm well impressed!

I've still had nothing! I wavered last night as my uncle was visiting with a bottle of red wine (and he drank the lot). I'd have liked a sociable glass!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Going to have my first dribk tonight since christmas day as its my god daughters christening. I wont go mad though i will fill u all in tomorrow on my dreaded hangover :/

Yess dooo. I like the sound of the peach schnapps!

Its weird as i know i cant drink so dont really mind. But if i had the option to drink i think i would. Id like to go through to valentines day without drinking at home!

I was in Sainsburys today and found it again. It is called Be Good but does not continue the ".... to yourself" part of the label so I am not sure if it is a Sainsbury's own brand. And sorry, it is not a schnapps but a peach bellini. Anyway it is delicious and has a high content of natural fruit juice, even labelled as one of your 5-a-day (which many not so healthy products also claim, I know, and it would still have syns). The point is that it has the taste of an alcoholic drink without the OH, so if it is the taste you're after it is a suggestion.

Soo i had a few drinks last night. I enjoyed myself but have been hungover today! And im soo sleepy!
Back off the drink now till 14th feb hopefully! Hows everyone doing?

I've made a total hames of this challenge! Think I've been drinking MORE than normal.

Time to bow out I reckon :D

O dear! Lol. Playing against the rules ey ;) i have months where we have sooo much on i drink so much! But january is always a quiet month for us.
Ive been invited bowling saturday with a bunch of girls tht ive nt seen for a while. Id like to go but want to drink, but a) i cant afford it and b) i dont want to due to dry month, weightloss etc. So im unsure wether to go :/

Back