Dry January?!

I know I haven't been as good as all of you but my god am I DYING for a drink tonight!!
Work was poo and ugh it was such a cruddy day. I just want a nice couple of glasses of vodka and to unwind.

I'm not going to!! But I could cry!!
Shows how much I use my vodka as a coping mechanism. I don't know how else to relax.

5/7 dry days this month xxx

Makes me think too. I start craving a glass of wine on a bad work day at 4pm!

7/7 so far and the cravings are easing!

Now im back at work..im really starting to feel it now :( arhhhh. By friday evening i think i may be going mad but be strong!!!!!!!

Oh no, I'm working 830-7 tomorrow and usually have (several) glasses of wine. Deep breath, it'll be OK!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Made the mistake of drinking several glasses of slimline tonic today so I am not tempted to put it in gin. Sore stomach now :-(

I confess!!

Had some bubbly last night, but in my (weak) defence, my sister got engaged. Not a flipping hope that I was having tonic and lime!

Negative after affects- feel a bit hungover, not good on a Wed and today is w/i...

I confess!!

Had some bubbly last night, but in my (weak) defence, my sister got engaged. Not a flipping hope that I was having tonic and lime!

Negative after affects- feel a bit hungover, not good on a Wed and today is w/i...

Congratulations to your sister! Thats mahoosive news!!!
Sorry that you're hanging. Water is the way forward xxxx

Yeah, it's great news, we're all v excited! Feel fine now after having water and a coffee. Back on the dry wagon until 25th when I have a party.

Good read and it makes a point. Sometimes i feel i am dependant on alcohol! Mainly in certain social situations such as parties. I dont think id go if i couldnt drink :/

me too
for example

I gained at weigh in and now I want to get absolutely TROLLIED

Hi all,

Only started this on Monday but been dry since then so 3/8 dry days so far! Kids were driving me mad this afternoon & I could really have went a glass of wine with dinner but I resisted! Don't know how I will cope at the weekend as having friends over!! X

One week dry as a bone! Drinking so much tea I can't sleep at night :-/

Heading towards our second dry weekend. What's everyone's coping strategy, if you have one? My boyfriend will probably be having a drink at the weekend but I'm going to buy a big 2l bottle of something fizzy to distract me instead. So far I've not even fancied a drink or been tempted when others around me have had one so I'm hoping to stay this strong throughout! X

4lb off - this no alcohol life must be working!

I've weighed in today and lost 2lbs. I'm going to two parties on Saturday and driving so I can't be tempted.

I'm going to make my passengers buy me soft drinks and donate to dryathlon I think.

I'm also drinking more fizzy ginger beer, squash, hot chocolate.

Ive lost another lb too. I think not drinking is really helping.

I am meant to be jogging saturday morning so wouldnt drink friday anyway. We dont have saturday evening plans yet. If we make any i will make them alcohol free. We are saving money too though so if we have a quiet night in thats fine!
We have a friend over for sunday lunch so will get some nice coffee and orange juice..my third alcohol free weekend!!

Back