Dry January?!

Ah, you should go. It's nice to meet up with friends you haven't seen for a while. Could you drive and be the designated driver? Would save you a few £££ and mean you can't drink anyway.

Or go and just stick to the soft drinks mainly, and have a smaller number of beers (or whatever) than usual?

We normally have quiet Januarys too, and it's not like we've been doing anything mega, there is just a LOT of wine about :eek:

I'm trying my best to have a dry 2014. Its time I gave up booze its taking a toll now hangovers last for days and I feel like complete rubbish. ApRt from a drink on birthdays, to toast an occasion or the odd slow pint at the pub I'm going to avoid any sort of big scale drinking/binge drinking/generally being drunk.

We're almost there, only one weekend to go! Although I am planning on staying "dry" whenever possible. I can honestly say I haven't missed alcohol once this month, and it's been great waking up on a weekend without a hangover!

I have a few things on in feb but I will definitely not be going overboard. I'm even considering staying "dry" next Saturday (1st Feb) when I'm out in Durham for a friends birthday. Let's see how it goes!

We're almost there, only one weekend to go! Although I am planning on staying "dry" whenever possible. I can honestly say I haven't missed alcohol once this month, and it's been great waking up on a weekend without a hangover!

I have a few things on in feb but I will definitely not be going overboard. I'm even considering staying "dry" next Saturday (1st Feb) when I'm out in Durham for a friends birthday. Let's see how it goes!

Torally agree with you! Ive been looking forward to the weekends alot more knowing we can do things saturday AND sunday! This has been a lesson to me...drink on occassions..not just because i can!

I'm looking forward to a big glass of wine but I've liked getting up feeling good in the morning (especially weekends). Think I'll go for the occasions plan too.

I know its still january but i have myself a bottle of light wine for this evening. Friends are round so thought id have a social drink. Its low alcohol and will make it last all evening

Well, we're on that final sprint home now guys! Only 5 days of January left.

Im not drinking next weekend ive decided lol. Not now till valentines..hooefully nothing crops up until then!

I wouldn't be either, but I have a friends birthday night out on 1st Feb! And then my aunties 50th birthday party on the 8th. And then of course it's Valentines day! I'm not going to be totally dry in Feb but will not be going over the top either. I've really enjoyed not having a drink this month (as weird as that sounds), and think I will now appreciate it more when I do have a drink or too. I am saving it now for special occasions only and totally ditching my old habbit of a bottle of wine in the house on a Friday and Saturday night.

Well, it's the final day of Dry January. Really pleased to say I completed the challenge (won't be having a drink today or tonight, so that's 31/31 days) and it has given me a different view towards alcohol :)

Thats really very impressive!
Well done you!!! xxxx

Well done!!! I managed 27/31. Also have a different view...especially after last nights alcohol munchies and my 1.5lb gain :(

Wow Becki thats so good you did 27 days!
Dw about your ickle gainage- it will go next week xxx

I've also managed 31/31 days. I can't decide if it's sad to wait till after midnight and have a glass of wine! It has helped my weight loss -13lbs in the month!

I'm going to try to stick to weekends out for special occasions drinks I think. Which would be occasional as we never go out! (Except for my long anticipated glass of wine).

I think you have all done incredibly.

And dare I say it:-

I'm not going to drink alcohol in the month of February :eek:

Well done everyone you've done great. And really inspired me!!!

Wooahhh how come?

I think we should keep this thread going? Not to be dry..but to cut down and limit? I thibk all/ most of us hav learnt from ths month!

Haha, I'm going out for a pub lunch and will enjoy a whole pint of cider! I'm going to go for a run tomorrow as it's a scarily high in syns.

Back