Consolidation Dukan Insanity

hmmm right not gonna panic just chill n carry on see what happens!

i really fancied hummous so its like this!
starter: tbs hummous and my 2x wholemeal bread.
main: homemade curry and rice (opted for homemade as healthier and took a leaf out of your book)
dessert: small chocolate fairy cake! cant not have a pudding as i really want one!! (maybe deny myself next week if i dont shift the 2lb)
no wine!!

what do you think?

I think that sounds yummy, and not that naughty at all! I love curry, and good call on making your own! The takeaway variety are always so full of butter, I always think when I make my own it tastes a lot lighter and fresher. Enjoy!x

I think that sounds yummy, and not that naughty at all! I love curry, and good call on making your own! The takeaway variety are always so full of butter, I always think when I make my own it tastes a lot lighter and fresher. Enjoy!x

lol scrapped that as i had another gain on the scales this morning! i did have a gala meal but it was a little more restrained lol xxx oh well maybe next week i will be a little braver (seen as its my bday next saturday i know i am going to be bad lol) xx

The conso seems to spiral out of control.... but I am in control.... I just don't follow rules.
What's wrong with me ?
I did so well on Cruise phase... and now this ?

its just not right is it? lol ( i am not laughing really, i want to cry)

I guess cruise was just so restrained, we didn't have to make many choices. Now we have to make choices again so we've got more room to make mistakes.

Elisheba, not following the rules and being in control is waaaay better than following the rules then sometimes going out of control. Being in control of food is the best feeling ever, don't ever think there's something wrong with you for that!!

So Ceri, how's it going?

Jx

Conso days 19 & 20

Day 19 (Friday)
B - chocolate Dukan porridge
L - chicken, cheese & salad sandwich, ff yogurt, 1x boiled egg, apple
D - chicken curry with spinach, sf jelly
Exercise - none

Day 20 (Steak Night Saturday!)
L - chicken & salad stuffed in a wholemeal pitta
D - sirloin steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, salad & lots of english mustard
Exercise - day 1 of Insanity

I've decided to switch from my 2 slices of wholemeal bread to wholemeal pittas for my lunches this week. I'm assuming Dr Dukan doesn't have any weird rules against pitta? The pitta's weigh in at 60g, so I'm within the 40-60g bread allowance.

I weighed myself this morning and I was 9.8. I assumed (wrongly) that when I moved over to conso I would carry on losing weight like everyone else seems to, but I'm just maintaining. The lowest dip I've had on the scales has been 9.6, and I'm missing losing weight. I know that I am a healthy BMI, and shouldn't really worry, but I feel like it would be quite nice to be a few pounds under my goal to act as a buffer.

I didn't manage to start Insanity on Friday (I was so exhausted!!!), but I completed day 1 (again!!!) yesterday. Hopefully this time I can stick to it for the full 60 days.......!

:Dx

You seemed to be doing well, maintaining is great ! x

ceri u really r doing so well ... i am envious!! lol xxx

your doing fab :)

Conso days 21 & 22

Day 21 (Sunday)
L - vegetarian sausages, 2 x fried eggs
D - chicken breast stuffed with cheese, and topped with garlicky breadcrumbs, green beans & broccoli
Exercise - day 2 of Insanity

Day 22 (Starchy Monday!)
L - pitta bread stuffed with ham, salad & jalapenos, 2 x boiled eggs, ff yogurt
D - beef vindaloo & brown rice
Exercise - none

My weight this morning after the starchy meal last night is still 9.7, so I'm happy with that!

Fail already on the Insanity plans though... I got in from work last night and I just couldn't be bothered to complete it (bad attitude I know....). Charly has indicated on her diary that she is starting it next week, so I think if I mirror her schedule it may help keep me motivated as a little bit of healthy competition is always good.

I'm starting to think about what to have as a gala meal on Friday. I really fancy chips, so I might have a full on gala meal from the fish & chip shop on Friday (as long as I don't cheat before then). :DX

full on fish n chips!! go on be brave i am going for it this week too going out for a meal for me birthday so gonna have a started main and pudding and see what happens i will worry about it after i think!
am looking forward to having an ally with the insanity! (personally i think i was insaine to buy it now) lol x
anyway looking good my friend xxxxx

You're doing absolutely great, Ceri! The eating is spot-on. Do you have to do Insanity every day? That's a tall order. x

Thanks Sara, you're doing great too! I'm happy that so far conso is working.

You have to complete the workouts 6 days of week, so it requires a lot of commitment. I think I actually find it easier to go to the gym rather than putting on a DVD in the living room - there are just too many other distractions once you're back home. x

full on fish n chips!! go on be brave i am going for it this week too going out for a meal for me birthday so gonna have a started main and pudding and see what happens i will worry about it after i think!
am looking forward to having an ally with the insanity! (personally i think i was insaine to buy it now) lol x
anyway looking good my friend xxxxx

As long as I weigh 9.7 or less on Friday then I'll go for it with the fish & chips!!!! If the scales are unkind then I'll go for oven chips with fried eggs, I just have a real craving for chips at the moment. Happy Birthday for this week, and have a lovely meal out! I'll re-start insanity on Monday so we're in sync, I'm really happy I have an insane buddy, he he :Dx

Do you know I woke up at some ridiculous time this morning & the TV was on, on the TV they were doing the insainty workout & I thought of you. You must be committed or need to be it looks tough ! x

Do you know I woke up at some ridiculous time this morning & the TV was on, on the TV they were doing the insainty workout & I thought of you. You must be committed or need to be it looks tough ! x

It is really hard, and I have to take breaks all the time. The instructor is pretty good, he's motivating and I don't find him annoying. I'm having yet another re-start on Monday - I'm turning into a bit of a flake with this!! :eek:x

Conso days 23 & 24

Day 23 (Tuesday)
L - ham & egg salad, with a pitta bread (I've given up trying to stuff a pitta - it just makes me angry in the morning as it disintegrates!!!!), ff yogurt, apple
D - mushroom omelette & spinach
Exercise - none

Day 24 (Wednesday)
L - prawn sandwich, boiled egg, apple
D - unexpected gala: chicken goujons, chunky chips & baked beans
Exercise: none

I haven't been exercising for the last few days, partly due to laziness and partly due to feeling slightly under the weather. Yesterday I felt particularly yuck, so I had my gala meal last night instead of Friday to try and cheer myself up a bit. I normally stop by M&S on my way home from work and pick up stuff they're reducing, and yesterday I managed to pick up chunky chips & chicken goujons for a grand total of £1.75 (2 servings, so just under 88p a head - bargain!), so that was my gala last night.

My weight this morning was back up to 9.9. It's also my TOTM, so that may have an impact on my weight.

Today is a slightly dangerous day, as I may have to go out for a chinese meal for a friends birthday. It was a last minute arrangement, so I didn't have time to plan it as a gala. I feel bad saying no, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. It might be a double gala this week.......!!!! This is extra bad, as today is supposed to be protein Thursday. I'll report back with the damage tomorrow :eek:X

Last edited:
Hi Ceri! Don't worry about your Chinese tonight i'm sure you'll do your best :) we're not perfect and looking at the big picture you're doing great maintaining!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather but YUM to the chicken goujons! I'm so with you on the fish and chip cravings :D not even something I usually want when not dieting!

I haven't seen this insanity work out but I'm curious as everyone here raves about it... Will have to check it out!
Hope you feel better soon and your Chinese dilemma isn't too nightmarish!
Emma xxx

Hi Ceri! Don't worry about your Chinese tonight i'm sure you'll do your best :) we're not perfect and looking at the big picture you're doing great maintaining!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather but YUM to the chicken goujons! I'm so with you on the fish and chip cravings :D not even something I usually want when not dieting!

I haven't seen this insanity work out but I'm curious as everyone here raves about it... Will have to check it out!
Hope you feel better soon and your Chinese dilemma isn't too nightmarish!
Emma xxx

Thanks Emma! If you fancy joining our Insanity crew, there's a restart on Monday. :)x

Ceri, why don't you try to stick to pv tonight, then do pp tomorrow? That way you'll have stuck to Conso, only swapped the days round. And what's happened to your fruit and cheese rations? You're not depriving yourself, are you??

Hope you feel completely back to your old self soon xx

Thanks Sara! I forgot to include the apples I'd eaten in my diary, but I didn't have any cheese on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm not sure why really, I think I gave up trying to stuff anything else into my pitta bread for lunch, and then just forgot about the cheese in the evening!x

Back