Dukan Recipe Thread

Yeah we all have the dukan porridge (well those who don't have muffins :D) Imposters. THEY ARE NOT MUFFINS!!! :D... I add a tbsp of wheatbran to mine too :)
Me too. Mmmmm x

Aye Nikki I agree (I'm gonna get shouted at for this....) but the "muffins" actually resemble some kinda weird wheaty bun that a vegan scruffy student would serve you in some weird little health cafe... that also serves wheatgrass shots and soya lattes :sign0137:

actually what do they call those weed cakes they serve in amsterdam? (never been) but i would imagine they taste similar but without the happy high afterwards :D....

they are however a little more convenient than dukan porridge...but I'd rather the inconvenience :D...

<runs to hide :D>:rolleyes:

Aye Nikki I agree (I'm gonna get shouted at for this....) but the "muffins" actually resemble some kinda weird wheaty bun that a vegan scruffy student would serve you in some weird little health cafe... that also serves wheatgrass shots and soya lattes :sign0137: PMSL that's EXACTLY what they're like. Hurrrr Hurrrr (that's me heaving at the thought of them) :D

actually what do they call those weed cakes they serve in amsterdam? I've been there several times, and been offered (and declined!) a host of illegal things but never something resembling a Dukan Muffin pmsl. (never been) but i would imagine they taste similar but without the happy high afterwards :D....

they are however a little more convenient than dukan porridge...but I'd rather the inconvenience :D... DITTO

<runs to hide Where are you hiding? Let me in! :D>:rolleyes:

Apologies to all Muffin lovers. Ooo Eer Mrs :D:D

Hi peeps,

Got the cabbage soup recipe below will also post it on the recipes forum, i would eat this everyday if i could, its lush. Enjoy!!

Oh and if you need any help give me a shout.

Spicy Cabbage Soup with Cod and Garlic

Ingredients

1 Large cooking pot
1 Savoy Cabbage (best really)
recipe says 225g/8oz of fresh cod (but i look for the cheapy fish in tesco and buy about 4-6 portions.
1 or 2 knorr veg stock (depends on taste)
1 onion
4-6 cloves of garlic (depends on taste i do 6)
2 red chilli (I have 4 chilli's)
1 thumb size of fresh ginger (full thumb)
4 tbsp olive oil

Maggi Sauce - optional (found in sauce section or foreign food bit and supermarkets - it is brill stuff used it for years)

Wash the cabbage and chop up finely the garlic, chilli and ginger and shread the cabbage, also chop the onion (anyway you like) it dissolves into the soup anyway.

Fry the onion in the olive oil in the large saucepan/pot until tender but not brown. Stir in the chilli, ginger and garlic, followed by the shreaded cabbage. Boil the kettle and pour hot water into the pot untill the cabbage is completly covered (dont pour in too much as you want the cabbage to reduce).

Cover the pot and boil/steam the cabbage vigorously for five minutes stirring occasionally, ensure it does not boil dry (add more water if necessary)

Put in one stock cube into the mix stir and taste, if it needs that little bit more add the other stock cube. Pour in more hot water untill the pan is nearly full (depending on your pan) judge it if massive pan only half fill but little pan fill it up. Bring to the boil, replace the lid, then simmer for 30 mins.

Stir in the chunks of fish and simmer for a further 5 mins (this is really all it needs, till it turns white and flakes easily) Taste the soup and add Maggi Sauce in individual bowls if needs be for more taste.

Normally i would add 2 cups of cooked rice (to bulk it up), but this is a no carb soup.

I hope you enjoy this as much as i do - its soup-er fantastic:)

Some lovely person posted this on atkins and i thought of youuuuu

hi guys, could I ask with regards to the muffins are you following the recipe from the book? I have the Dukan recipe book at the moment, and I tried the muffins the other day but they turned out dry and quite unappetising. Any tips for making them at all would be welcome, I feel like I'm missing out as there're obviously a lot of Dukan muffin fans here!

Hey there Emma... Mine are on p.1 of this thread with a photo. I wouldn't say they were dry personally, but they are a "bread" type consistency. I put a cube of smoked salmon in each... and split a crabstick into four for a little bit of deco on the top!

CHINESE CHICKEN & MUSHROOM
2 Large Onions
4 skinless Chicken joints
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
150 ml stock this can be made using bovil so no syns
Juice 1 Lemon (i use jiff)
1 tsp Sweetener
350g Mushrooms halved or quartered if large
Fry light
2 level tbsp cornflour (7 syns)
Salt and pepper
Brown chicken in fry light and transfer to slow cooker, fry onion in same pan until soft, stir in the cornflour and stir in the stock gradually, stirring all the time. Add Remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
Pour over the chicken it takes 3 ½ hours on high in my slow cooker and its delicious
Serves 4
2 syn’s per portion

CHINESE CHICKEN & MUSHROOM
2 Large Onions
4 skinless Chicken joints
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
150 ml stock this can be made using bovil so no syns
Juice 1 Lemon (i use jiff)
1 tsp Sweetener
350g Mushrooms halved or quartered if large
Fry light
2 level tbsp cornflour (7 syns)
Salt and pepper
Brown chicken in fry light and transfer to slow cooker, fry onion in same pan until soft, stir in the cornflour and stir in the stock gradually, stirring all the time. Add Remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
Pour over the chicken it takes 3 ½ hours on high in my slow cooker and its delicious
Serves 4
2 syn’s per portion

I just pinched this recipe from the W/W forum but looks good to me for dukan........not sure about the bovril though?

OK these look a little complicated but taste fabulous!

PETITS FARCIS - PP - PV
Ingredients :
300g very lean mincemeat
2 tablespoons fat free fromage frais
1 hard boiled egg
some chopped garlic and parsley
a cooked chicken liver or two... (if you like them, or add any protein you fancy)
some chives
a shallot
spices to your taste (cumin for instance works well)

Make little balls of mincemeat in your hand.
On a piece of cling film, flatten them down to form little burgers.
Set aside.

Whizz up all other ingredients together

Stuff the little flattened "burgers" with the filling and roll them gently using the cling film, and close as best you can.

Bake 10 mins 200°C... but I bet they'd bbq too!

The ones in the photo had mushrooms in also.

Mmmm these look like something I am going to have to try tomorrow, bet they will be nice with the dukan garlic or chilli mayo. Thanks Jo

Last edited:
Anyone have any slow cooker recipes?

Some soup recipes
Carrot, Fennel and Thyme Soup
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins

350g (12oz) onions, diced
350g (12oz) leeks, diced
2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
½ teaspoon thyme
4 medium carrots, diced
1 fennel bulb, diced (plus fennel tops to garnish)
1 litre (1 ¾ pints) low-salt chicken stock
Salt and black pepper

Over a medium heat, in a high-sided frying pan (oiled and wiped with kitchen paper), gently fry the onion, leek, garlic, fennel seeds and thyme until the mixture smells aromatic. Add the carrot and fennel and cook for a few more minutes.

Add the stock and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the carrot and fennel are soft. If the stock reduces too much, add some water.

When ready to serve, place a little chopped fennel top in each bowl of soup.

Cream of Courgette Soup

Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins

3-4 courgettes (unpeeled, grated)
25g (1oz) virtually fat-free quark
350ml (12fl oz) low-salt chicken stock
Salt and black pepper

Dissolve stock cube in water, and add the courgettes. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 30 mins, stirring regularly. Remove from heat, add the quark, adjust the seasoning, and stir well before blending the mixture.

Chicory and Smoked Chicken Soup

Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins

800g chicory, chopped
1 onion, chopped
100g (3½ oz smoked chicken slices, cut into small pieces)

Cook the chicory in the stock for 10 mins over a medium heat. Using a different pan, gently fry the onion and small smoked chicken pieces. As soon as the chicory is cooked, add the onion and chicken to the stock and cook for a few minutes more over a medium heat before serving.

Chicken and Mushroom Soup
(4 servings)
Cooking time: 15 mins

1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon coriander leaves
1 teaspoon pepper
100g (3½ oz) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 drops of oil
2 tablespoons nuoc mam (Vietnamese fish sauce)* <very salty>
250g (9oz) cooked chicken breast, cut into thin slices
2 shallots, finely chopped

Crush the garlic, coriander and pepper into a purée in a pestle and mortar. Place the mushrooms in a non-stick frying pan (oiled and wiped with kitchen paper) and fry the mixture for 1 minute over a medium heat.

Remove from the heat and keep to one side. Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan, add mushrooms, nuoc mam sauce and garlic purée. Cover and gently simmer for 5 mins. Add the chicken to the mixture, cook for a few minutes, then garnish with the shallot.

Red Curried Aubergine Soup
2 servings
Cooking time: 45 mins

250g (9oz) chopped tomatoes
750 ml (1¼ pints) low-salt vegetable stock
1 aubergine
3 drops of oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 chilli, very finely chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ clove, ground
Salt and black pepper
Chop off the ends of the aubergine and cut it into 2.5cm (1 inch) thick slices. In a large saucepan (oiled and wiped with kitchen paper), gently brown the onion over a medium heat for 3 minutes, then add the chilli, curry powder, cinnamon and clove. Add some salt and gently fry for another 2 mins, then add the aubergine, tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 40 mins with the saucepan half covered, put to one side and leave to cool.
Whiz the soup in a blender and heat through again gently.
Adjust the seasoning to taste

I have joined the Splenda recipe club - they send me emails with new recipes. There might be some things we could use or adapt.
SPLENDA®

Chocolate Pralines
http://www.mydukandiet.com/recipes/c...-pralines.html
I have made these and eaten two already before they have set properly! I also licked out the bowl. They were ok, and might be quite nice rolled into balls and then in oatbran. They taste a bit milky to me so if I make again I think I will add some peppermint favouring. Baically they are not Thorntons, but they are better than nothing especially at Xmas!

Am I the only one who eats with my eyes?..........

weird that....I wonder if I'd be thinner if I was blind? :S........

some of the thoughts I have on my own at night are quite odd....can you tell ? :) x

hope you're sleeping well hun x

Just as well I haven't quite eaten them all :D
Have been sleeping a bit better apart from last night thanks. Hope you have been better too.x

Back