Dukan v thyroid

tryin again - thanks for the encouragement. I actually will be doing a round of IVF (not my first), and there are a bunch of studies that say a thryoid below 2 optimizes implantation results. Mine is at 2.

I'm on my last day of attack. Yesterday and today, I gained .5lbs. I have NO idea why other than it is beyond humid here and maybe I'm retaining water? I have not strayed one bit from the plan :( It's hard to stay motivated when you gain during attack!! Thank goodness for veggies tomorrow!

I hope you get some "me" time this weekend :)

tryin again - thanks for the encouragement. I actually will be doing a round of IVF (not my first), and there are a bunch of studies that say a thryoid below 2 optimizes implantation results. Mine is at 2.

I'm on my last day of attack. Yesterday and today, I gained .5lbs. I have NO idea why other than it is beyond humid here and maybe I'm retaining water? I have not strayed one bit from the plan :( It's hard to stay motivated when you gain during attack!! Thank goodness for veggies tomorrow!

I hope you get some "me" time this weekend :)

I see, I didn't know that, about the thyroid! I'm still trying to get mine down to 2, nearly there I think. It must be disappointing to gain during attack, if you've kept to the plan though hopefully the weight will come off very soon. Drink loads and loads of water, a veg day might actually help you, you never know.

i am definitely having some me time this weekend, my boys are at their dads so I'm all alone, have a lovely weekend x

Day 19. This morning I have officially lost 1 stone :D. I'm crossing every thing in the hope the scales will still say so on tue for my weekly weigh in....maybe with a little more? I now weigh what I weighed on 2nd jan when I started dieting and stepped up the gym to 7 days a week. That means the weight gain from starting my medication has gone, now for the other 3 1/2 stone :jelous:

It also means I was going to the gym at this size so feeling too big to go isn't an excuse anymore as I've done it before. I'm a little scared because I feel very light headed on this diet. Just standing up makes me dizzy but I suppose I'll just have to go really steady and see what happens. I'm thinking of looking into protein shakes as maybe one before the gym might give me an energy boost? Anyone tried them?

i have the weekend to myself as my boys are at their dads. It's 10am and I'm still in bed, I've only just woken up which is unheard of for me but it's lovely to feel so relaxed. I really don't want to get up! Have lots to do today housework, cutting the grass and need to buy some paint as my sitting room and dining room are being painted. Am hoping to get outside in the sunshine makes and start working on my tan :flirt2:

Hello there,

I'm a little concerned that you're feeling giddy and weak. Are you eating enough? You shouldn't need protein shakes as you should be eating enough protein (there's a paragraph in his book somewhere about that...).

Perhaps you might post your menus each day. Quantities etc. Surprising as it might sound, one reason for a slow weight loss is not eating enough protein! Others would also include slow transit (cue rhubarb!!), certain times of the month, water retention (watch ham and other industrially packaged meats... very salty), smoked salmon/soy sauce are notorious for causing me to retain! So many reasons for a slow loss. Are you alternating PV and PP days? Hopefully you are.

x

Hello there,

I'm a little concerned that you're feeling giddy and weak. Are you eating enough? You shouldn't need protein shakes as you should be eating enough protein (there's a paragraph in his book somewhere about that...).

Perhaps you might post your menus each day. Quantities etc. Surprising as it might sound, one reason for a slow weight loss is not eating enough protein! Others would also include slow transit (cue rhubarb!!), certain times of the month, water retention (watch ham and other industrially packaged meats... very salty), smoked salmon/soy sauce are notorious for causing me to retain! So many reasons for a slow loss. Are you alternating PV and PP days? Hopefully you are.

x
I've decided against the protein shakes, was just looking for an energy boost really but I'll stick to actual protein for that. I have very low blood pressure so am often light headed even when not on dukan. The last couple of days since time of the month has passed I've felt much better. Unfortunately at that time I'ts affecting the problems I'm having with my thyroid too so with dukan, thyroid not quite yet sorted and time of the month I suppose it's not surprising I haven't felt on top of the world.

Theres definitely no fear of me not eating enough lol, some days I feel like I'm eating my way through a farm! I know from past experience that the more you eat the faster the weightloss so am digging in :D As for the scales, they are moving again, see next post :)

End of week 3 and 3 lb down....hurray I've lost 1 stone 1 pound in 3 weeks. Very pleased with that :D:D:D
It's been such a busy few days that I haven't had time to go back to the gym ( and I'm still nervous about the first time :rolleyes:) . My boys are off on hols for two weeks with their dad tonight though :cry:, I will be missing them like crazy but it will be a good time to get back to exercise as I'll have a lot more time.

I'm going away for 4 days to stay with my mother in law at the end of the week which I'm really looking forward to. We are having several days out and a spa day :). She has lost weight before on dukan too and re started yesterday so food won't be an issue while I'm away which is fab!

Oh well done you xxxx so pleased things are going in the right direction. This hol will work for both of us cos I'll be excercising the dog while you're at m.i.l. Xx

Very happy to read you. And what a great place to have a break - with someone else doing Dukan! Very motivating indeed and, as for that spa day, ENJOY!
x

Hi tryin again

Finally catching up with diaries...

You done really well so far. How did stay at MIL's go?

xx

Had a lovely time away thank you, very relaxing and I was very spoilt! All meals completely dukan and lost 4 lb for week 4 :D:D:D. Feeling very happy with how dukan at the mo, never hungry, never crave anything, back in control and feeling really well! Need to get some sleep as back to work tomorrow and hectic day with decorators arriving at 8 am, will hopefully catch up on everybody's diaries tomorrow x

What a fantastic weight loss. It is so good to see you back to your normal self xxxx You certainly are back in control and even though life continues to be hectic you know you can deal with it all xx

Have had a really hectic week and no time to write in my diary! Dukan still going well, weight has been up and down all week so am not expecting anything spectacular for weigh in tomorrow. I'm ok with that though as the losses have been better than I'd hoped so far. I'm really in huge dukan zone at the moment, really enjoying my food which I'm making an effort to make more exciting now and really not bothered about all the other food which I can't have. For the first time I don't want anything else.

health wise feeling good, still not back in the gym as I really haven't has the time but I have just started a glutes, guns and ab 30 day challenge that I found on Facebook ( baby steps)

Have had a really hectic week and no time to write in my diary! Dukan still going well, weight has been up and down all week so am not expecting anything spectacular for weigh in tomorrow. I'm ok with that though as the losses have been better than I'd hoped so far. I'm really in huge dukan zone at the moment, really enjoying my food which I'm making an effort to make more exciting now and really not bothered about all the other food which I can't have. For the first time I don't want anything else.

health wise feeling good, still not back in the gym as I really haven't has the time but I have just started a glutes, guns and ab 30 day challenge that I found on Facebook ( baby steps)

glad to see that you're in the Dukan zone, can I borrow some of your motivation? :)

well done x x

I think you've hit the nail on the head when you talk about making your food more interesting. While at the outset we might get away with lazy menus, in time boredom inevitably sets in and that's a dangerous place to be; There are some fabulous recipes on the site, and please feel free to share yours!

x

Hey tryin again

So how did WI go?

Hope all well with you xx

Such a busy week I haven't had a minute to post! Well actually I have but my boys came back from a 2 week holiday with their Dad so I've been spending a lot of time squeezing them as I missed them so much. Also my dressmaking managing arrived so I have been obsessively sewing for the last few days.

week 5 weigh in was Tuesday and I stayed the same. Disappointing as I have not strayed even an inch but I trust in the diet and know it will come off. Being so excited with my boys and my dummy I haven't even thought about weighing this week :eek:. This is a good thing for me as I'm really trying hard to just weigh once a week so as not to be ruled by the scales. Weigh in will be Tuesday so fingers crossed for then!

Still finding dukan really easy, haven't been tempted to stray at all, I think it helps that most of the things I'd normally slip up on (things left from boys plated or in the cake cupboard), all contain gluten which I know will make my stomach so painful that it's just not worth it.

Still not happy that even with the amount of weight I've lost after 5 weeks I'm still at what I usually consider to be my heaviest weight. Will be lovely to see 15 something on the scale but that's a fair bit away yet. I've always felt fairly slim at 15 something. Still a long way from target I know but at 6 ft you can hide weight well and I know I look better from that point downwards.

i hope everyone has a good weekend, I will be spending mine doing more squeezing of boys and sewing! :D

I have just read the four pages of your thread here and found it very encouraging. I Dukan'd a year or two ago and lost 30 kg but didn't see it thru and put it all back on. I've tried lots of different plans since then but I keep coming back to the idea of Dukan -- love the galettes and the ease of following it. I really wanted "low carb high fat" to work but it didn't seem to suit me, whereas with Dukan it is easy to get into the Dukan zone and just do it. Your thread here (Tryin again and Joanne etc) has convinced me that I have to get back on plan! I just have a few indulgences to use up; should be ready to get stuck in by the weekend! Thanks :)

Hi Brenda, glad my diary has been some help in convincing you to try dukan again. It's funny how most people who've done it before come back at some point. I hope you're enjoying your indulgences!

Week 6 weigh in - 3lbs. Very pleased with that as wasn't expecting much with totem looming! I've worm a pair of trousers that didn't fit just 2 weeks ago today and I'm starting to feel the difference now. My clothes look so much better and I'm not nearly as self conscious as I was. I have a night out on Saturday and I'm actually starting to look forward to it. I might even wear a dress!

yay!!! 3 lbs is great!

wear the dress - you will look gorgeous xx

Back