Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

oooh yes - new recipes are always much appreciated!

Just popped 2 recipes up. Will continue to post any that I think taste good.

Feeling ready for some belly dancing this morning! Can't wait for the dance class! For any exercise-shy people, I'd really recommend that you find some kind of fitness class which is fun - because if you enjoy something, you're much more likely to keep it up, and you can have a good laugh with the others in your class.

In the meantime, here is my menu:
B Yoghurt and oatbran, small glass of apple juice
L Cheese and coleslaw sandwich, yoghurt
D Chicken in tarragon sauce with broccoli, followed by crème au chocolat

Toffee? Muffins? Recipe please!

Not as good as proper muffins, but they make a nice treat when you're on Dukan!

I thought I'd posted the recipe on the Recipe thread, Emmma, but may have forgotten. If it's already there, I'll bump it up for you. If it's not, I'll post it in a new thread. :)

While I'm a HUGE fan of my savoury muffins, I don't like the taste of the bran + sweetener I guess cos I've never yet liked any sweet version I've tried. Somehow the bran taste "savoury" to me so it's like errrr putting sugar in a meat dish!

For me, the bran makes it taste nutty, so it fits in better with sweet things. It's funny how we're all weirdly different about food! ;-)

Hurray for Muffin Day! I can finally reap the rewards of my efforts at making them yesterday - yum!

PV + Carbs today:

B Yoghurt, muffin, small glass of apple juice
L Ham and coleslaw sandwich, muffin
S Muffin
D WM pasta ration with roasted red pepper and minced beef sauce, with Parmesan cheese ration mixed in. Followed by muffin.

I'm just weird with food... end of!

In fact, FAT, I was very fussy... now, LESS FAT, I'm far less picky!

I've never eaten a toffee muffin before, wonder if I can get toffee yogurts here? Jo, do you know?

Sveltesse Ferme & Fondant do a caramel one - not ok for Cruise, cos not 0% fat (but 1.3% which I know is OK in the UK, but not in France go figure!), but it's fine for you on CONSOSTAB...

Haha, consostab. Will be on proper stab as of next week (but hopefully without the PP day).

Thanks for the yogurt info.:)

How exciting, Laura! And you may well have come up with a modification to make it so much easier to stick to. :)

PP Day for me today:

B Yoghurt and muffin
L Turkey rashers with chive cottage cheese, yoghurt, muffin
D Emmma's mince frittata, 2 muffins

A surprise loss of 3lbs at my weigh in today. This was one day early as my gala is tonight and I didn't want to horrify myself by weighing in the day after that! I suspect that my loss is only temporary, and is probably due to the end of my TOTM plus having had my PP day yesterday.

I'm off to a birthday party tonight, where the birthday girl has arranged vast quantities of pizza for the food. The really weird thing is that I've always adored pizza in the past, but am now distinctly underwhelmed by the thought of eating it. So this will be my gala meal, but not one I would have chosen for myself. (I really can't believe that I'm writing this because pizza was SUCH a favourite!) Maybe Dr D really has taught me a thing or two?

Gala day

B Yoghurt with oatbran, small glass of apple juice
L Scrambled egg with chives and mushrooms, yoghurt
D (gala) Pizza party!

WOW at that loss DD - are you being too strict? Are you sure you're having the carbs and cheese every day (sorry I'm too lazy to check over your diary)? Well done but don't let yourslef slip too low so it becomes non-maintainable, as any gain, even if you're so far below target, is a bit disheartening (at least I found that...)

And do enjoy that party, don't count the pieces, I'm sure it will be delicious. Pizza is nice - must put some on my menu one day!

DD, can identify completely going off food - I used to eat lots of pasta (although, to be fair, mainly after having the kids as they all like it and it's versatile - didn't have as much before, I seem to remember) and now don't enjoy it at all.

Pizza - if it's a thin base, I love them (depending on the topping) but thick base pizzas have never featured on my to-eat list! Enjoy though:D.

And, hopefully you'll find a way of increasing your calorie intake a little so that you don't get a loss each week:).

Anja - Don't worry, I never miss out on my bread and cheese as I enjoy it way too much! Having said that, I was going to leave it out of today because of all the pizza, but the weight loss has helped to change my mind on that. Instead of scrambled egg, I shall have one of my favourite dishes instead - cheese and chive omelette with bread. In fact, I'm off into the kitchen to make it within the next few mins - yum.

Laura - I still absolutely love pasta, but it's so weird not getting excited about pizza anymore. Very strange feeling, all these changes in tastes, isn't it?

I'm going to hang fire until my next weigh in regarding possibly increasing my intake. If there's another loss, then I shall definitely have to start adding something into the mix. (Not that this would be a hardship! ;-) ) I'm very happy at my target weight and don't want to lose any more. At my age (44), you start to worry about looking gaunt if you lose too much, apart from anything else!

Really enjoyed the party last night - and, surprisingly, the pizza! Whilst I didn't fancy the thought of it initially, my friend was right and how great these particular pizzas were. I ended up having a few slices and some lemon cheesecake.

Today is a carb day, so I'm eating:

B Yoghurt and oatbran with small glass of apple juice
L Cheese and coleslaw sandwich, yoghurt
D One pot rosemary chicken and pasta dish, followed by crème au chocolat

Back