Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

Can't you make up the missing ration tonight? How funny that your cat made off with it!

Can't you make up the missing ration tonight? How funny that your cat made off with it!

Since it's only the equivalent of 1/2 tblsp of oatbran and the muffins contain wheat bran, too, it shouldn't make much difference just for today, I think.

I've noticed that many cats seem to love the smell of vanilla. She always sniffs the air whenever I'm eating my muffins, but I left them in a Tupperware container last night, with the lid loosely over the top as they hadn't quite cooled completely. When I went into the kitchen to load the dishwasher before going to bed, naughty little madam was on the worktop, having knocked off the lid, tucking into one of my muffins!

Problem is that she has a very delicate digestion and is on a strict dietary regime! Thankfully, she didn't vomit afterwards, though.

I love her dearly but she is so incredibly naughty. And she has taught her criminal activities to our formerly good, soppy, easily-led boy.

That is really funny. You need CCTV!

we have two cats too, i've wished so many times for a cat cam, god knows what they get up to when we're out at work, and where they go on their wanders. I swear they're better entertainment than the TV!

That is really funny. You need CCTV!

I told my husband what you wrote about needing CCTV. He loved it! :D

Emmma - Somehow, I think we're probably better off NOT knowing what they get up to! :eek:;)

Well, I'm glad to say that I have my full quota of muffins today, having managed to protect them from marauding cats.

PV today, and I enjoyed my lunch yesterday so much that I am having the same again today! Am very happy to have found a way of making toasted sandwiches without using a heavily buttered sandwich maker. Instead I just heated a non-stick frying pan, then put my bread with cheese and spring onion filling inside, placing a bowl on top to hold it down. I let it cook for a few mins, then turned it over with the bowl on top for a few mins more. Delicious!

B Yoghurt, 1 muffin, small glass of fruit juice
L Left-over cauli and broccoli soup, toasted cheese and spring onion sandwich, 1 muffin
D Chinese five spice steak with stir-fried veg, followed by 2 muffins

PP day today - not my favourite, but needs must, I suppose. At least the meatloaf and galette should cheer me up as I really enjoy those.

B Yoghurt
L Turkey rashers and cottage cheese, followed by yoghurt
D Galette, meatloaf, 1 mini gherkin, followed by crème au chocolat

Had a sleepless night last night because of the windy weather so am feeling really tired this morning. Am hoping that some Pilates at lunchtime will help to wake me up.

Normal PV day today:

B Yoghurt and small glass of apple juice
L Left-over meatloaf, green beans and bread, followed by yoghurt
D Galette with homemade burger, homemade ketchup, cheese, grilled onions and gherkins. Followed by crème au chocolat

Yes, windy here too - we sleep in the loft, I hate the sound! So resorted to earplugs and slept till 5.30am when DD2 decided it was time to wake up. Dispatched her back to bed for another 15 mins snooze before she came back and climbed into to bed with me ;-)

WOw amazed you can survive with that breafast! I have to add at least a 1egg pancake ;-)

Yes, windy here too - we sleep in the loft, I hate the sound! So resorted to earplugs and slept till 5.30am when DD2 decided it was time to wake up. Dispatched her back to bed for another 15 mins snooze before she came back and climbed into to bed with me ;-)

WOw amazed you can survive with that breafast! I have to add at least a 1egg pancake ;-)

I'd be too scared to sleep in a loft during very windy weather - you're brave! It's the sound that terrifies me. We used to live in an old cottage and would hear the most terrible crashes coming from the attic on night like this. Thunder and lightning doesn't bother me in the least (in fact, I love to watch it), but high winds really, really get to me! :eek:

As for my breakfast - yes, I should definitely eat more. Unfortunately, my system just can't seem to cope with much at that time of a morning. A yoghurt (usually with oatbran if I'm not using my ration up for other meals) is enough to make me feel full and give me the energy to get through until lunchtime, thankfully.

I'd much rather have a nice-sized lunch and a big dinner.

oh i hate thunder ...love watching lightening but the sound of thunder no way

STS at this week's weigh in. I had expected a small gain, since my last weigh in (when I lost 3lbs) took place the morning after a PP day (probably water weight loss), but this morning's occurred after a normal PV day. Therefore, in real terms, this could equate to an actual loss.

Time to implement Plan M (Muffins!), I think. So I shall be making extra muffins this week, keeping them in the freezer and adding one extra a day to my breakfast. Let's see if this helps to keep things on a more even keel.

Today is Gala Day!

B Yoghurt and oatbran, small glass of apple juice
L Left-over meatloaf, green beans, bread, cheese, followed by yoghurt
D Chicken, potato, apple and sage hash with broccoli, followed by homemade dark chocolate brownie with 1 scoop of homemade ice cream

Last edited:
Well, I enjoyed my gala, but not as much as I'd expected. All of those carbs (the hash was pretty potato-heavy) weighed on my stomach and caused the most bloating I've experienced since being on this diet. I think I'm definitely over my carb-dependency - I just don't want them as much as I used to.

I made some muffins last night and have started adding one to my breakfast as an extra in an effort not to lose any more weight. Let's see if it works.

PV day:

B Yoghurt with oatbran plus 1 muffin, small glass of apple juice
L Cheese, spring onion and mushroom omelette with bread, followed by yoghurt
D Dukan-friendly beef stew (includes mushrooms, onion and carrots) with mashed butternut squash, followed by crème au chocolat

Isn't it strange how when we allow ourselves the foods that got us in the heavy way previously they just don't cut the mustard the way they used to pre-low-carb? very strange xxx

Isn't it strange how when we allow ourselves the foods that got us in the heavy way previously they just don't cut the mustard the way they used to pre-low-carb? very strange xxx

Strange but good! :D I used to really go overboard on those carbs.

When will this awful windy weather stop? I'm hating it and keep listening out for the house or fence falling down! :eek:

PV day again today:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, 1 muffin, small glass of apple juice
L Cheese and spring onion toasted sandwich with salad, followed by yoghurt
D Chicken in tarragon and mushroom sauce with broccoli, followed by crème au chocolat

Sorry your weather isn't great, we have sunshine and it's warm out (due to stay like this for the whole week - what's the betting we have a temperature dive at the end of it followed by snow blizzards:sigh:). Crazy weather just now.

<ALERT: kill joy in the building!!>

DD... I'm all for your increasing something in your menus, to prevent your continuing to lose weight, BUT I'm not sure the oatbran quantity is it. Leastwise not on a daily basis.

Oatbran is great for us but don't forget that it can also cause issues with the assimilation of vitamins and certain medications.

Are you having 40g (50g) bread every day? Perhaps you can increase that rather?

;-)

Laura - You lucky thing!

Morning, alottolose! :)

Jo - Never fear, I took the oatbran ration into consideration yesterday and today and reduced the amount I put in my yoghurt by 1/4 of a tablespoon - which should be the equivalent of 1 muffin's worth. So still just 2 tblsps in all.

Mind you, I wouldn't say no to increasing my bread ration by a little. The slices are currently a bit thin, so thickening them up would be good. Once I've polished off this batch of muffins, I will probably opt for that instead.

Thanks, Jo. Good suggestion.

Back