Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

Thanks for the tips and the recipes - I will definately try those at some point.

Yes Jo got there quicker than me - it's cooked weights, so I think I used about 80gr uncooked, and it was still too much (to eat).
Cheese - yes Parmesan is allowed, and if you grate the cheese or use a cheese plane (slicer?), the 40gr actually goes quite far I think.
Hope you enjoyed your meal!

DD I'm sure your going to love your pasta meal mmmm cheese:)

Yes u will need to keep your legs toned now, remember how much u love those jeans. Fortunately I'm taller so it only took longer for me to like them because I had worn bootcut most of my life and skinny was a huge change of look in the mirror!

When I mentioned leaving food on my plate that is only when we go to a restaurant. At home I use smaller plates or bowls.

Xx

Mmmmmmm...it was a well and truly gorgeous meal! But what a LOT of pasta!

The cooked weight turned out to be just over twice the dry weight, so I plonked the remaining pasta onto my husband's plate. Believe it or not, I managed to eat the whole cooked 8oz! Mind you, 2/3 of that would have definitely been enough.

I wonder if it really is very important to eat the whole amount? It's a lot in one go.

As for the cheese, it looks likes absolutely loads when grated. Being a cheese freak, I've always tended to overdose on it in the past, but 40g seems like a good, decent portion size to me. I shall try and stick to that in future.

Bren - I'm so jealous of taller people as they get away with eating more than shorties like me and have longer legs. You lucky thing! Bet you look fab in those skinnies!

DD, I have never managed to eat the full amount of pasta so think he aims a bit high with the quantities. I no longer enjoy pasta either really but am replacing the pasta with other carbs (rice, potatoes, pulses, quinoa, couscous - which is fine, strange as it's basically pasta). Strange how our tastes differ. I am another cheese lover and pre-Dukan, I would eat a whole camembert in a day:eek:. To start off on conso, I portioned and froze the cheese, now I don't need to and manage not to OD.

Glad you enjoyed your carbs!:)

Sounds like the diet is having a good training effect on us, Laura!

Today is my boring PP day:

B Yoghurt
L Turkey rashers and cottage cheese, yoghurt
D Galette, stir-fried chicken with a tiny bit of onion and coriander plus fromage frais and chive dip, crème au chocolat

I too yearn for longer legs! When I had my back pinned I was hoping I might gain a little height - but no such luck!

mouse - It would be lovely, wouldn't it? Still, you probably have longer legs than me as you're 3" taller - although, bizarrely, my sister is an inch taller than me but my legs are longer than hers. (Which I constantly keep reminding her about - things like that are very important to small people like me! ;-) )

Weighed myself this morning, but haven't had time to get online today, so am making a quick visit to the forum now before I go off to bed (so tired!)

I've gained 1lb, which is fine as I was 3lbs under target. However, I just hope that I don't keep gaining 1lb every week, so am in a little bit of a panic.

Today was my gala meal and I ate:

B Yoghurt & oatbran
L Cheese and coleslaw sandwich
D (Gala) Small steak pie, mash made with a mixture of potato, sweet potato and parsnip with a little fat-free fromage frais, green veg. Dessert was a slice of chocolate truffle torte and a little single cream

I was relieved that I didn't experience any bloating last night, which was what often used to happen after eating carbs. I'm now keen to try to eat less carbs when (if!) I get to the Stab stage than I did pre-diet, and am hoping that will work to keep the bloating at bay.

Today's menu looks like this:

B Yoghurt and oatbran
L Small glass of apple juice (finally getting my fruit ration!), cheese and coleslaw sandwich
D Dukan-friendly beef stew (contains carrots, onions and mushrooms), butternut squash mashed with a little fat-free fromage frais, broccoli. Followed by crème au chocolat

Just been planning our hols for later in the year and am getting a bit worried about taking oatbran with me. I doubt that I'll be allowed to take it into another country because of the food regulations, and we'll be staying in little places where I'm not sure I'll be able to buy any. Neither is Canada particularly know for its small portions and healthy food - eek! We'll be travelling around and will have access to a mini-fridge in some of the places, so will be able to store at least some more Dukan-friendly stuff in there. I have a horrible feeling that I'll weigh a stone more upon my return!

Now onto today's menu, which is:

B Yoghurt and oatbran, small glass of apple juice
L Ham and coleslaw sandwich, yoghurt
D Cheesy-baked Chicken (chicken baked in fromage frais, tomato, spring onions, herbs and cheese from ration) with mixed leaf salad, followed by crème au chocolat

I know people who've taken their oatbran in their suitcase... worry not!

If caught, you simply say you brought it for the bears... ;)

I am just experimenting with oatbran 'biscuits' (a development of the 'granola') which I reckon are a bit more portable and don't need refrigeration unlike my versions of bread and muffins. I'm going on holiday in May/June - only to Spain though.

DD good work with the pilates.

Bren
X

Thanks, Bren. I'm doing an hour of dance exercise today, which is pretty good fun. It's good to have variety and stops you getting bored, I think.

Today, I'll be eating:

B Yoghurt and oatbran, small glass of apple juice
L Cheese, mushroom and spring onion omelette with toast, yoghurt
D Hamburger cabbage stirfry (lean minced beef, white cabbage, carrot, spring onions, garlic, soy sauce, ginger), followed by crème au chocolat

Back