Easy lunch ideas

Jen31601

I've re-started low carbing today. I'm not doing an induction, just getting straight in and keeping carbs under 15g a day.

My low carb diet is very repetitive but I don't mind as it's food I like and I know I'll get the results if I keep at it. For breakfast I have scrambled eggs and dinner is home made quorn chilli but I'm stuck with lunch :( When I last low carbed I would just have a cheese string and pepperami for lunch but they can be quite pricey and they're not that filling. Has anyone got any good recipes for lunch time meals? Preferably something I can make a big batch of and then bring to work each day.

:)

Thank you for your reply. I should've also mentioned I'm a fussy eater and don't eat seafood :eek: otherwise that would've been perfect - nice and easy!

Hmm, difficult. I usually have fish for lunch as it's so quick and easy. Lunches are difficult though. Will rack my brains... If it isn't fish I'm having, I will have eggs for lunch as well as breakfast. I'm sure I eat too many eggs though.

I've just had a packet (6slices of chicken) and a packet of cold crispy smoked bacon from sainsburys. Cost £2.90 x

Sounds nice.

I was having hot, cooked chicken thighs from morrisons or sainsburys for my lunch at work but started stalling. Can only think they are coated in honey or something which is high carb.

Such a pain as they are gorgeous and great for a quick lunch.

I hadn't really thought about anything like that but chicken would definitely be a good idea, thank you for your replies :)

I'm thinking of home made soup as well but don't really know what flavours I could do that are low carb :confused:

Cheeseburger pie is just as tasty cold as hot!

I've made a nice chicken soup before with a pot of chicken stock (most are pretty low carb), shredded leftover cooked chicken and a few herbs chucked in to add a bit of flavour. You can add some veg too to bulk it up.

If you like it thicker just boil it until it's reduced down, or blend it for a smoother texture. You could also add a bit of cream if you like a creamier soup.

I've also done the same with beef and beef stock. And you could make a big batch and freeze it into portions. Those "Pour n Store" pouches are excellent for that, usually found near the sandwich bags, etc.

I second the ready-cooked crispy bacon too! Also nice with a bit of cream cheese. Hehe. Or a salad with ham or chicken and boiled eggs! Yummy.

I love the idea of cheeseburger pie :D can it be made with quorn mince or is real mince better?

Don't see why quoin mince wouldn't work.... Would be ok ;)

How do you make cheese burger pie?

Think it's on the first page of the recipes section.....

Use lettuce leafs in stead of wraps. Just load them with your low carb filling, wrap them in cling film and they keep their shape! Bit of cream cheese and ham is my fav! Easy and cheap, excellent for on the go. X

212degrees said:
Use lettuce leafs in stead of wraps. Just load them with your low carb filling, wrap them in cling film and they keep their shape! Bit of cream cheese and ham is my fav! Easy and cheap, excellent for on the go. X

I do this with tuna and some salad veg (radishes, celery, spring onion, cucumber, rocket, etc) chopped up and mixed with a bit of mayo. Yummy!

I also do the same with cream cheese wrapped in slices of salami.

Does this sound ok for 1st day?

Lunch
Chicken slices (6)
Packet of cooked streaky bacon
Diet coke (prob shouldn't have)

Dinner
3 egg omelette
Double cream
Smoked sausage
Cheese
Mushrooms
Mayo :) x

I love a chicken salad - bake some chicken thigh fillets in the oven, slice into bits, chuck on top of some lettuce and spinach, ad some crispy bacon and mayo - luverly :D

Hi, I made this the other day and it lasts me about 3 days . 1 kg of cheap cut stewing steak, 1 jar salsa , 1 onion cut finely . Put it all in the slow cooker for a few hours until the meat can be pulled apart . Goes great with salad or use as a lettuce taco.

Back