Eff you, food. Shake it off!

Hi,

Oh man, I'm the same, sometimes I just cannot move. The simplest things seem so energy sucking. Another thing, I don't know how anyone is drinking four (five for men) shakes a day. I only ever have two, and loads of water. I think my second day, I had three shakes and that was hard! I felt like if I had to drink another thing I would just go mental.

Yay! That's awesome! Go you! I actually didn't end up going to the gym again tonight. Boo me! I suck. I felt so full from the pasta for like...hours. Ha. :snoopyhouse:

It's so weird how little we need. I just want want want more. I have always had eyes bigger than my belly.

Woop! 5lb is so great! Well done! :bliss: I am so happy for you!
What day are you on?

I am going to try and wait a week now until I weigh myself again.
Today was my tenth day, and I've weighed myself three times! haha.

I hope your workout goes well!

:nightf:

Its day 5 now but it was yesturday that I weighed. I cant believe how fast its coming off compared to slimming world. i was lucky to lose 3 pound a week. I wish I could stop weighing myself but its not gonna happen... its an addiction haha

Yeah I couldnt of handled another shake yesturday. Aslong as we hold of on eating another meal or whatever I guess it doesnt matter if we have the right amount of shakes.

Lol my eyes are deffo bigger than my belly. Iv never been able to leave food on my plate, no matter how full I am. And dont feel bad on yourself for missing the gym.

Hope we all have another good day xX

Last edited:
Ahhh so we just went to a restaurant and I was sooo bad :(:( Huge burger, chips, onion rings :mad: Belgium waffles :eek: I just feel so full and horrible! I feel like my belly has just popped RIGHT back out :| Im so so angry at myself!!!!!!

Aww, sweetie, don't be too mad at yourself. Just remember, a treat is good now and then, and you did so well the first five days (the beginning is the hardest too!). But I totally understand and get how you feel.

You think it's a good idea, and for a bit it feels good, but since being on the shakes, and having my body experience a different level of intake, it feels so weird when you're full up on regular food.

I'm sorry it made you feel horrible *hugs*

I did a bad too yesterday. I went to the gym, and could only do half of what I normally do. Then I came home, ate two crusty cobs with ham on. Crisps. CRISPS! And then a whole bag of chocolate buttons. I was so upset I just went to sleep.

Alas...

Today is another day! And you can cleanse with light shakes, and lots of water, and feel really good about it! :D

I reeeeeally want to weigh myself. But I know it's a bad idea because even though I've been going to the gym, I've been eating more than I should, and it's only been 3 days since I last weiged myself. Ahhhh.

I will not weight myself.

Hope you're having a good day so far! <3

Iv been bad again >:mad: I had mcdonalds :eek: Im so snnoyed with myself. whats wrong with me?Aw see atleast your going to the gym though. dont be too hard on yourself for not doing asmuch as usual. Your doing great. Its so tempting to weigh every day but I cant now Iv ate so much crap.. I'll just go under when the scales go up!

Im gonna start fresh tomorrow, im so disgusted I could be sick! Water and shakes tomorrow! I reguse to let myself go completely off track :(

Hope youv had a better day than me :( xX

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry you had a bad day. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

My day has been... Eh. I told myself I was going to have a meal in the middle of the day, and I've realised (I used to eat slow) that now when I "let myself eat", I just inhale it, I eat it so fast, and I don't even know, during, whether I'm enjoying it or not. I'm simply feeling relief at the fact that I am eating. Then once I'm done, I don't feel good. I just feel full and horrible, and like I wish I hadn't eaten it.

Why, oh why, can't I learn that for the next time? It's so f**king frustrating! Grr argh!

Looks like it's a new day for both of us tomorrow.

WE CAN DO THIS! :girlpower:

*hugs*
:kitty:

Aw I totally understand, Im the exact same. I try to make it last and enjoy it but it doesnt happen (n)... I think we both need to remember why were doing this and stop letting ourselves get sucked in! New day for both of us. I have my fingers crossed that we will have a good day Xx

Nope:( Went out for dinner again! Ribs.. chips... and its my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow so we have a big beautiful homemade Victoria sponge with the creamiest buttercream and softest sponge. How can I resist that?

Fresh start monday? I've put on 2lb :( xX

Just been catching up on what's been happening whilst I've been away. Wow, you two have been busy! :)

I hope that today is a better day (diet wise) for you both. It's hard when 'life' gets in the way, birthday's, meals out, Bank Holidays! What can you do? Just get back on it when your mind is strong again. And it will be strong again!!

:girlpower: come on we can do this!!!!!

Yeah your right Sasha :( Iv just not been able to get back in the zone atal. Im so angry.

How was your weekend? Did you stay on track? Xx

Oh Chloe, I know what it's like I get so angry with myself when I put in hard work and stick to the diet and then just eat something (delicious!!) because I feel like all that pain of sticking to water and packs is wasted. But in reality it's not. You said you'd gained 2lb but on this diet you could have that off in a day so all is not lost.

I originally ordered packs in October last year and have been trying on and off for all these months to get the motivation to do it. I did half a day, then cheated, then a week later decided I'll definitely do it, then cheated...well you know how it goes. Even now I'm struggling but am managing to keep my 'cheats' small. Who knows what tomorrow will bring though?! I am forever expecting that my willpower will totally fail on me! It's tough, but I had reached a point where I couldn't live with myself at nearly 15 stone it had made me so miserable that there was no choice but to begin and carry on. I had no life. So, desperation (and the memory of how I felt) haunts me and keeps me going at the moment.

Weekend was ok. I had some wine and (weirdly) binged on chicken one night?!! Four chicken thighs cannot explain why lol. But weighed in today and 4lb loss. So I'm definitely happy with that. xx

Hi girls,

I met up with a girl friend today and besides the meal we had, we had massive platter of ice cream each at Häagen-Dazs. Oh man. Oh man. I feel like after that, I must not eat anything for at least two days! eeek! :/ Just pure shakes for this one!

I'm sending lots of good vibes and hugs and stuff to you both to help keep us on track. We are each others cheerleaders, and when one of us is down, the others are there to help you get back up. :mermaid:

Just breathe, and start again.
That's what I will be trying to do from tomorrow.

Congrats on your loss, Sasha. Well done! Very proud. :bliss:

I haven't lost any more (that I know of), I weighed myself a few days ago, and hadn't shifted, but that was to be expected. I am now (after today's crazyness), will not be weighing myself for a week. Give myself chance to lose some.
Back to the gym tomorrow!

I hope today's been better for you, Chloe. Dance party in your jim-jams goes down a reet treat! Great for the feel good vibes, and gets the blood pumping. I'll be dancing over here! :D

:kitty:

Ooohh, I'm liking the sound of dance party in your jim-jams!! Might have to try that one lol. :D

Sounds like you had a fun day with your girl friend today. That's what life's about! And added loveliness...Häagen-Daz...nom nom!! I'm sure you can go 2 days on pure shakes. You go girl. I bet when you weigh in a week's time you'll kick those scale's butt.

I'm here for you both and hoping it's going to be a great week. Sending weight loss vibes to all :vibes:

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to wake up tomorrow and start all over again. I love that feeling of knowing that's an option. That, just because I didn't do "well" today, doesn't mean I can't do well tomorrow! :D

Also, I just measured myself. I forgot to at the beginning, so I can keep track of that from now.
I already have pictures.

Thank you for the encouragement <3

Yes Minou, me to. Fresh start today. Im excited to kick this diets arse! I will not let temptation defeat be again! I hope lol!

Well done for staying strong over the weekend it can be really tough when you're away and you just wanna relax and enjoy yourself. I totally get you by the way. About this being the last straw. I bought slimfast before I got pregnant and, like you, I dont think I even did a full day. So after weighing in at 16st 2 just before I had Ava, I was bewildered.

Definitely feeling strong today. We can do this girls xX

Hey girls,
How are you both today? Absolutely each day is an opportunity to begin again. :)

I've just had an invite to Sunday lunch on 24th May and also a christening the week after. I want to look much better than I do now, there's lots of skinny people there! Lol. So I have 2 and a half weeks to get another few pounds off. By the 24th I want to be in the 12's for sure. That is my motivation right now. I've decided to think less about food and more about what weight I want to be by the end of May...but I must admit I'm STARVING!!!
:17729:
Anyway, hope you two lovelies are ok xx

Hi

I definitely think you can get to your goal by those events, Sasha. And you will turn up feeling fabulous, and have a great time! Lots of luck! Not that you need it, you are kicking this diet's ass! :D

How are you both doing today? :hug99:I'm glad you're feeling strong, Chloe, woop!

I just woke up, so right now is my morning, and I'm having my morning shake, and then later on, at my midday, at about 10pm, I will hit the gym.

I successfully only had shakes and water yesterday, yay, go me! :bliss: I was very happy with myself. It was fine, not easy but fine, for most of the day, it was only when I got to the end that food was snapping at my heels. It's like I know, I KNOW, I'm not hungry, but the little voice in the back of my mind is always going, "food, food, you want to eat food!" Even though I always know now, since starting STW when I am in fact hungry and not hungry.

When I weigh myself at the end of the week, my dream is to have lost 6 or 7 pounds. But I don't think that's going to happen. It's just my hope. That way, I can work on getting into the 16's for my event in June.

I have been looking at false eyelashes (one of the themes for the event is Vampire Ball) and so I might try some to go with my vamp make-up, either of you ever wear/have worn them?

:bunnydance:

Hi Sasha, Im glad you're on track. Its good to have a date to motivate you. I think it definitely helps to reach our goals... do you ear a meal or just shakes?? And have you weighed again recently?

Minou, if you dont mind me asking.. why do you sleep through the day and wake in the evening? Just tell me to shut up if Im being nosey lol. And, I always use eyelure when I wear them. They are like the best (affordable) ones. You can get loads of different styles to. I usually buy them in newlook but you may be able to buy them from ebay etc. This convention sounds so exciting! Well done for sticking to the shakes yesterday... Im sure if you carry on like you are doing you can definitely reach those goals.

So I had 1 shake and a low cal meal yesturday (wasnt so happy with myself but atleast I stuck to clean food) Today Iv hsd 2 shakes and haven't even been hungry but like you Minou said, that little voice telling me I need food was there! So I caved :( Had one of those chicken, rice and broccoli meals. Again, atleast it was clean! But I still cant help feeling let down by my stupid fst thoughts! xX

Hi

Ah, no it's okay, you can ask me anything. It's good to learn about each other. Whereabouts in England are you?

I frequently have insomnia. I have been that way all my life. And it usually happens a lot in the summer because I dislike the heat so much, it zonks me in the day. So I prefer to be awake at night with the windows open, the cool air coming in.

It's perfect for me really, seeing as though I write a lot.

So, I've had 1 litre of water so far, two shakes and a banana.

I think I will treat myself to 20g (less than 100 calories) of popcorn later, instead of another shake.

You're doing great, Chloe! Just try to stay busy, and always reach for a drink first. I know it's easier said than done. Especially with those nagging voices. Grr. You're doing so well! :D

Thanks for recommending Eylure. I'm looking at them now. There are so many different ones! Ahhh! Do you usually go for a certain one?
(edit: I'm thinking of getting two kinds, a dramatic for the evening, and a less dramatic for the day. Does the glue it comes with work well? Do you know if it dries clear? Thanks!) <3

Last edited:
Back