Elivira's on a mission to eliminate 100lbs!

Good luck for tomorrow.
I started last Monday (I have shakes, bars and soup). After a last blow out that took me to 15st 10lb, I have lost 17lb in the week! It is almost easy. I just struggle not snacking at night but I have been very good so far!!
Keep us posted!

Thanks markanderl,

The blog was just something to keep my brain occupied and to vent a little....okay, a lot!!!
I'm fully expecting the first few days to actually be difficult as I know what it's like to go through the carb withdrawals etc. If it is easy, I shall be amazed!!!

Thanks prozac! 17lbs in a week wow!!! I'd be thrilled with anything over 3lbs to be honest :)

Today is the day!!!!

Well, here it is! THE day!!!!

I'm feeling great apart from being up so early due to the worst acid reflux I have ever had! I'm so glad to have kissed goodbye to food for a while.

I know today will go without a hitch but I will be pining for food by about 7pm, I just know it! I'm going to remember this sick feeling to put me off! I won't cave in as I have really strong willpower. I will just be really, REALLY grouchy!!!

The scary part is, I just weighed myself and I am 2lbs heavier than my previous highest ever weight, and I have to lose my goal weight to get to goal!!! I have to lose a person!!! I feel pretty disgusted with myself but I am doing something about it, and for that I am proud :) x

Absolutely Elvira, taking the 1st step is the biggest most important thing and you have done it. Congrats on starting today, you are now familiar with this forum so I need saying nothing except just remember to come on here even when you are really feeling grouchy and vent all you want.

Good luck Elvira.

Don't be so hard on yourself Elvira, you're doing something about it now, that's all that matters.
I have struggled with my weight all my life and spent a long time being disgusted with myself and that got me nowhere except down! This plan is the most positive thing I've done in a long time and I am actually now believing that I can do it.
Good luck to you and if you want to have a grouchy natter, look me up, I'm like that all the time according to my hubby lol x

Aww thanks guys, I really do appreciate all your kind words and support. Kaka, I will definitely look you up when grouchy then :p

I feel so good right now though! Really positive and energetic. I think it's just the feeling of being in control again :D

Just had my first shake. A chocolate one. The first mouthful was so bland but the more I drank it, the nicer it tasted to me. It doesn't taste as artificial as CD or Slim-Fast etc. Very creamy as well. I'm going to have a strawberry one for lunch I think and the banana for tea :D

Already finishing off my first 1.5l bottle of water too so all is well so far!!! x

Good to have you here and hope the first week isn't too bad. It's a long journey for most of us but nowhere near as long as it would be on SW or WW lol x

Hello, its day 1 for me too, like yourself i was on the cambridge diet and lost 7 stone but i also didnt follow through with the maintenance program - i guess its a lesson learnt
Good luck
x

Hello fellows dieters!

It too is my first day on Exante...only had 1 banana shake at about 12:00 - trying to leave it as late as possible so that I dont get too hungry :(

I also did CD and LL some time ago and successfully lost weight but have put it all on, since being married and now back to where I started, fortunately, I am in the right frame of mind and have a pal doing the same diet at the same time....we weighed and drank together this morning and we will both be posting our journeys on here, I offer you all my support Elvira, we can do this! If we all help each other and say if we are feeling rubbish or hungry.

I will try to post some before pics...although this will be a brave move as I am a real hootchie mumma and I also hadn't done my make up or hair!

So....bring it on, Smelly breath, Headaches, Shakes (both kind) and cold feet...remind me again why we do this to ourselves! Bloody nutters the lot of us :p

Mwah! MissBliss aka Lou Lou xx

Thanks everyone :)

MissBliss you made me laugh!!! We are indeed nutters! Mmmmm...nuts....

I'm starving! I have had a banana shake for lunch and it was okay although there appeared to be some kind of blue powder in the dregs at the bottom of the glass. Best not to ask I suppose!!!

Strawberry for tea :) I'm up to about 3l of water but it's not making me feel full at all. In fact it's making me feel more empty!!! I have a slight headache and I am bloody freezing!!! I am normally always too hot though so that is a welcome change.

I have been trying to learn to crochet all day which has taken my mind off food but has also done my head in! I can't seem to get the hang of it! I'll have another bash tomorrow. I'm trying to make a blanket for those ketosis chills but at this rate it will be to cover my lap when I'm 90!!!! x

I seem to find blue or green specs in mine too. No idea what they are!
Can you crochet me some socks please? It's a lovely warm day but my feet are still cold lol

I could but can you wait 20 years for them? Seriously all I have managed so far is a scarf.

Hold back on being impressed. It's just about the right size for a mouse! :rolleyes: x

Glad your ok so far.....:)

Crocheting is fab.....i self-taught myself (watching videos on you-tube lol) about 10 months ago, and can now do more complex patterns (stuffed giraffe being my biggest project lol) and i went thru a phase of makin premature baby hats for the neonatal units over my way. Ive not done any since i started exante but i have a half finished blanket in the bag...think i might just get it out and crack on with it...keep the hands busy eh! lol

Awww I am envious! My friend told me it was easy to learn and so I tuned into YouTube with my hook and yarn but I am so confused and apparently crap at it lol!! x

Thanks hun. My friend posted me a larger hook today but some thieving git at the post office has open the envelope and taken it so all I got was an open empty envelope through my door today!!!

Will have to persevere with the one I've got for now. I am determined to get somewhere with it today. I at least want the beginnings of a blanket!

I got up later this morning as my OH is on late shifts and will want to eat when he comes in at 22:30 so I decided getting up later would push my 'mealtimes' later so I could have a shake when he is eating yummy pizza.

I feel like I have been hit by a bus today! My head feels like it's going to explode and I am exhausted despite sleeping for ages. I aso felt drunk when I woke up. Weird. I couldn't stand up straight for ages! Seem to be okay now.

Had a strawberry shake last night for tea and my, my! I don't like it!! :sign0137: I really had to force it down so the order of the day today is chocolate, banana and then I'm going to try a banana one. I think I may get some bars next month, just a few to try them or to have on the odd day. I can't afford to buy a month's worth to have one every day and I don't want to buy the mixed bumper pack because I don't like soup. Dilemma!!!

I have managed to stay off the scales, which as I am normally a daily weigher, is a big achievement for me!!! x

I regularly wake up feeling hung over. Not fair when I haven't had the night out that normally accompanies a hangover lol.
Have you tried making the shakes with less water? I make them into a mousse and eat with a spoon. I wouldn't be able to drink them as a shake.
I'm becoming more and more fussy as the weeks go by. I like all the shake flavours but can't stand the soups and get bloated from the bars!! There are alternatives available but I feel like I'm cheating on Exante lol

I don't mind them as shakes, in fact I think I would prefer that to a mousse. Maybe I will try the strawberry one with less water so it's not as diluted. I have been making them with 250ml so will try 200ml. The chocolate and banana ones are nice it's just the strawberry I'm not keen on. I'll see how it goes. I only have to have one a day so it's not too much of a drama.

I was originally planning on returning to CD at the end of September so that I could see my counsellor again and because of the greater range of flavours. I will see how I go. If I find I could stay on Exante longer I will :)

I do miss the CD Mint Chocolate shakes. Yum yum!!! :p

I feel a bit better now. Had some water and making my way through a chocolate shake. I think I will have another bash at the old crochet and see how frustrated I can get with it this time haha! x

Day 3...

Well I have made it to day 3 relatively unscathed. Yesterday was awful!! I felt so rough with a headache and was absolutely shattered! Today I am still tired but feeling much better. I have a headache waiting in the wings but it doesn't seem to be taking hold although if next door's dog doesn't stop barking things might change. I have reported it to the council as it is tied up outside all day and is just constantly barking, yelping and whining. I feel sorry for the dog and I hope the RSPCA take it away because the owner isn't looking after it properly.

I tried the vanilla shake yesterday and really liked it. I thought it tasted like melted ice-cream but not as sweet.

I have the hang of crocheting at last and I've made a pretty impressive start on a blanket I think. I've attached a picture of my accomplishment so far below (I think!!!) x

tumblr_l5wwntOCrH1qcejsro1_1280.jpg

That blanket is gorgeous. Wish I was that clever!

Back