Elivira's on a mission to eliminate 100lbs!

Monday! My favourite day of the week! No work for five whole days :D

Feel positive today. Had too many biscuits over the weekend (Fox's Crunch Creams, Party Rings, and Chocolate HobNobs!!!) but on the plus side, I've worked my butt off at work so I've probably burned off most, if not all, of what I've eaten. Back to being good this week. All the crap has gone from the cupboards and fridge, so it's healthy all the way.

Breakfast: 30g Honey Nut Cornflakes with 150ml semi-skimmed milk:

Lunch: Warburtons seeded sandwich roll with two slices of cooked ham, pickled beetroot and light salad cream, a packet of Walkers prawn cocktail crisps and a Twirl: 684kcals

Dinner: Smoked haddock with soft cheese and salad, sugar free raspberry jelly with light evaporated milk: 634kcals

Total (with drinks): 1556/1580kcals

I've set up an Amazon wishlist! Lots of old children's programmes on DVD, e.g. The Raggy Dolls, Count Duckula etc. I like reminiscing! And also lots of WW2 books such as Anne Frank's diary and the like. Really into reading about that stuff at the moment. Just 5lbs to hit the 1st mark (again!). Think I'll treat myself to a couple of books when I get there (all second-hand so I can get like three for a fiver).

Last edited:
It's definitely giving me something to focus on! Half a stone at a time seems so much more achievable than 90-odd pounds!!!

Here I am again! Checking in as promised! Managed to resist chocolate last night - Mike wanted some (he had calories left) but I just refused. Proud :D

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Honey Nut Cornflakes and semi-skimmed milk: 194kcals

Lunch: cooked ham and beetroot seeded roll, with prawn cocktail crisps; vanilla milk lolly: 558kcals

Dinner: lean steak mince, potatoes, peas and gravy with a petit pain; sugar free jelly and light evaporated milk: 781kcals

Snack: Twirk: 180kcals

Exercise: 15mins walking at 3mph on 10% incline: -221kcals

Total (including drinks): 1526/1570kcals

Thanks Hun! I have some chocolate every day because I couldn't go without it completely!

I really need to find a fun exercise that I can do at home - any suggestions, anyone? X

Elvira said:
Thanks Hun! I have some chocolate every day because I couldn't go without it completely!

I really need to find a fun exercise that I can do at home - any suggestions, anyone? X

So do I. I have half a bar each evening so I feel like I am treating myself but the calories are like 123 for half bar so it's not a naughty treat :)

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed the same when I weighed this morning but I'd already lost my 2lbs for the week (my target) by Friday so I'm still on target. My TOTM is due any day now so hopefully next week I'll have a good result. Must stop weighing every day! If I hadn't have weighed on Friday, I'd have had a nice 2lbs result today!

I WILL NOT WEIGH UNTIL WEDNESDAY!!!

Well done on the loss gem, it's so hard keeping off the scales isn't it? Mine broke and I didn't buy anymore so now just get on the ones at slimming club :) I was on them every day, more than once sometimes too :) x

Thanks Hun! I don't weigh EVERY day, just when I think I might have lost something haha!

Off out for a meal with Mike tonight. It was meant to be my treat day yesterday but I postponed it until today. I'm quite excited as we don't go out often. It's nice to spend some time with him - usually one of us is working!

Elvira said:
Thanks Hun! I don't weigh EVERY day, just when I think I might have lost something haha!

Off out for a meal with Mike tonight. It was meant to be my treat day yesterday but I postponed it until today. I'm quite excited as we don't go out often. It's nice to spend some time with him - usually one of us is working!

Where are you going for your meal? :)

Sent from my iPhone

Hey, it was lovely thanks :) x

Back at work, hence the lack of posting. God, I hate this place! Stressed to the hilt!

In other news, I got a letter yesterday telling me that I've been awarded a scholarship for my MA which starts in September. So happy! :D

Thanks! It's in Egyptology. I'm so relieved because I was 99% sure that I'd get the funding, but there was always a little niggle at the back of my mind! I'd have hated to leave the Uni now. I'm prepared to move back home after my MA but not just yet :)

Here I am again!

Had some super duper news yesterday - I have been awarded the only Alumni Bursary at uni so my full tuition fee will be paid for me! So happy! Also, Mike has booked flights etc. to take me to Berlin in December to see a special exhibition - it's the 100th anniversary of the discovery of the famous bust of Nefertiti! So excited!

This week has been a bit of a whirlwind actually. An article that I wrote for The Independent website went up on Tuesday so I've been getting lots of great feedback on that. I feel like a bit of a celebrity!

Consequently, my eating has been less than angelic. In fact, it's been downright terrible! I've eaten crap all week! However, I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2lbs! Go figure...

That's spurred me on to be good now though. I'm flying to Palma on 11th September and I'm so scared that I will have to ask for a seatbelt extension :( I'm sure the last time I flew with Sleazyjet ;) that I was a little bigger than I am now and the belt only just did up - I was wearing a mega thick cardigan though. I'm hoping that it will be okay!!!

Back