Consolidation Ellie's back cruising her way back to target

I'm fine father in law not so fine, they have found a lump on his pancreas so are doing biopsy tomorrow, really shouldn't have googled as symptoms are point to cancer. I'm heading down Thursday to see him, his dog isn't coping very well with staying at hubby's sisters as she is used to being out on the farm most of the day and she lives on a main road with no garden so she is cooped up. S will bring her up here to stay with us until we know what's happening.

I'm just experimenting with mug cake and going to try making a rhubarb version

Best of luck for your fil, bad times for your hubby and to know his dogs happy hell feel better being in hospital and gunna have to try this mug cake xxx

It was amazing yum yum a bit like a rhubarb sponge pudding ,,, had it with sweetened butterscotch quark. Would be ace with dukan custard. Real comfort food

Attachments

• image-1570717316.jpg
    image-1570717316.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 30
Looks yummy Ellie.... So sorry to hear about your Dad in law, my fingers are crossed for a good outcome.... How are you feeling today? Any better? You on track - sounds like you are.... Glad your able to bring the dog back to yours - should settle better with you with some space..... Take care of yourself. xxxx

Oh heck hun, what a time you are having. Fingers crossed for your FIL and hope you feeling better soon.

Loving the look for rhubarb mug cake, yum.

That cake does look yummy! My thoughts are with you for the biopsy results. That dog will be delighted to have his freedom at your place!

think its going to be a long day .... needless to say i was doing ok foodwise with my rhubarb sponge... then around 11pm started binging arghhh

That happens to us all Ellie - onwards and downwards today, be fair to yourself you have got a heck of alot on your plate atm! x

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Just made that mug cake recipe that you gave to Jo!!!! It is lush, lush double lush!!!! Amazeballs - you gotta try it - soooo dense and sticky - I used a bit more sweetener and some vanilla essence - oh lord - feel like I have sinned but just a few tolerated!!!! Defo one for when you need comfort food!!!

Ouch at all those tolerated ingredients (but was it lovely???!!!).

Have you tried some of my old tricks when the old binge urges get you?
- Brush your teeth (everything tastes foul toothpaste flavoured);
- Paint your nails (you'll ruin them if you start eating);
- take a frozen yoghurt out of the freezer, and eat with a teaspoon (it takes sooooo long);
- put a chewing gum or two in your mouth (hard to eat anything through one of those);
- ring up a dieting buddy... and talk it through

Oh Ellie sounds like you are going through it :( hope the results don't point to C

Completely understandable your binge I would have done the same

Sending positive thoughts & hugs x

dont think it would have mattered what i tried jo... wasnt even hungry i just had to have cheese & crackers and lots of them

Be kind to yourself xxx

aw hunni, we all have moments like that, don't let it get to you hun, take each day as it comes right now, too many other thigns to worry about x

Only two Jo!!!! SOOOO good!

1 tablespoon cocoa
1 tablespoon cornflour

Lowest fat unsweetened cocoa powder was 1 TEASPOON allowed as a tolerated ingredient in my day... (has that changed? cake sounds lovely though!)

Such a stickler Jo!!!! But you are probably right!!! LOL! Awww Ellie - chin up lovely, my fingers and toes are crossed for a better outcome that you hope for your Dad in law..... Hope the dog is happier being with you at the farm..... Try and look after yourself love..... x

Wish I were a real stickler ;)

lol... when i make the oatbran mug cake i only use a teaspoon of cocoa, wonder if it would be worth reducing the cocoa and adding skimmed milk powder.

anyway girls i managed a sin free day yesterday, away out to do horses then im driving down to the hospital this afternoon and staying over night

Back