Consolidation Ellie's back cruising her way back to target

lol... when i make the oatbran mug cake i only use a teaspoon of cocoa, wonder if it would be worth reducing the cocoa and adding skimmed milk powder.

I find your recipe really versatile Ellie - I don't use cocoa powder, I don't use milk powder and I don't measure things either (oat bran and sweetener excepting!)

One egg, 2 oat bran, 2 sweetener, shake of baking powder, glug of milk - BOOM! :D

Personally, I like to let mine go cold and shrivel down; it's like eating a big hunk of sponge cake then! For this alone, i think I love you .... ;)

P x

lol... when i make the oatbran mug cake i only use a teaspoon of cocoa, wonder if it would be worth reducing the cocoa and adding skimmed milk powder.

anyway girls i managed a sin free day yesterday, away out to do horses then im driving down to the hospital this afternoon and staying over night
I only use half a tspn of cocoa. I do use everything else in the recipe, with slightly smaller oatbran amounts.

I did alter it with two eggs and no sweeetner or cocoa to make a form of bread.

I wonder if I'm missing out here... Don't know how I'd start the day without my oatbran porridge now, though! x

Sara, i only use half my oatbran and wheatbran for my porridge and so use the other halves for the mug cake.

Hope all is ok Ellie.

Hope you are ok Ellie x

Thinking of you Ellie...

Like Sara, having mug cake would mean altering my breakfast (I'm a muffin girl) and then a scarey thought occurs to me. What if I'm HUNGRY?! The mere thought fills me with dread!

Although Pauline's description of a "shake of this, glug of that, shrivelling down, and hunk of sponge cake" makes me fancy trying it this weekend... (when, if my reduced breakfast causes me "distress", I can gnaw on a chicken leg rather than my arm at work!)

Happy weekend to all...

well Ive heard so much about this mug cake, so ive made it ................and thanks Ellie xxx so indulgent, cant wait to have it with custard next time xxx

well Ive heard so much about this mug cake, so ive made it ................and thanks Ellie xxx so indulgent, cant wait to have it with custard next time xxx

Its yummy with sweetened quark too as a filling. I've also done it with dukan nutella. Sooo yummy. x

Morning Ellie xxx hope all is well with fil and hope your being Dukan marvalous this Saturday xxx

I'm as well as can be expected... Had a blow out and feel crap for it. FIL isn't great , hubby gave the doctors a rollicking on Fridaywhich has helped I think.... They are just taking the piss now . He was supposed to get out Friday for the weekend again but they have kept him in...they couldn't get a decent biopsy sample and are doing it again Tuesday.. Apparent,y they only do this procedure Tuesday & Thursday.... Flaming madness no wonder their death rate in that hospital is so high. Hubby has taken his diary in & his laptop.. Bought him a wee dongle so he can get net so he's a bit happier now he can access his emails & forums. I didn't bring the dog up as we thought he was getting out, hubby might bring her up today but FIL likes to see her everyday at visiting. My brother in laws mother died as well on Thursday so that's been a bit stressful... Sister in law keeps falling out with FIL then blooming rings me to vent ... Honestly I feel like switching the fine off and hiding. She's her own worse enemy and FIL doesn't particularly like his own daughter much ....he has a much better relationship with me and when I was in he chatted for the whole 90 minutes where he tells her to leave after half an hour. Her and her hubby have convinced the doctors he's lost his marbles.... He's as sharp as a tack so hubby had to tear strips off the doc about that as they were talking about dementia .... Honestly it's just a nightmare... Bloody families :(

Thinking of you xxx like they say you can pick your friends...........

Keeping myself busy, need to work on the writing for my plaques

Attachments

• image-2264759329.jpg
    image-2264759329.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 35
Lovely, sorry your having such a tough time atm Ellie - poor FIL..... Hope the hospital get their act together soon.... Look after yourself Ellie, how's your arm atm? Better I hope...... Onwards and downwards my Dukan buddy! xxx

oh heck Ellie, what a horrid time, is your FIL down in yorkshire/lincolnshire way in hosp. I know a couple round here are up for high mortality investigations. Hugs hunni xxx

Where are you my scottish friend??? Worries me when your not on here but on FB - does that mean the demons are winning - hope not and just that you are busy with your crafting and those lovely neddies! x

FIL was let out on Friday after having a stent fitted on Thursday however he was supposed to see a urologist ? On Friday morning as he s passing blood clots when he wee's but never seen him.... We are a bit annoyed that they let him out without that being checked but he is happy to be home with his dog. He should get his results from the biopsy in 2 weeks ... Fingers crossed its not cancer as he would have to go into Edinburgh :/

As for my eating.... Lets not go there... Hoping I can get back to normality today as have a meal out planned next weekend and all my dresses are a bit tight lol

Back