Emilys Diary

Emilyx

Silver Member
Well after trying out slim and save, I have decided to try out JUDDD. I kept becoming ill on S&S (throwing up mainly) and I think its down to the products. Anyways after looking at different diets on this forum I have decided that maybe JUDDD will help me with the weight loss?

I plan on starting tomorrow with an UD, the calculator gives me an up day calories of 1850 and down days of 372, this is with no exercise, but in September when the little one is back at school, I might add in exercise, should I re-do the calculator when I add it in? I suppose better see closer to the time :) xxx

Welcome Emily to the world of food with no guilt. Enjoy and relax food is our friend :D

Welcome Emily!

I am loving this diet, and hopefully you will too.

Good luck x

Thank you passionflower & onionbreath, I think that is what drew me towards this as I did calorie counting but when things got bad I'd binge and have roughly 2000 calories, & I've gone days where I've just fasted so if I know I can eat anything I want within the calories then it'd make me less likely to binge. How do people do their down days? Do they have the one "big" meal like the bloke did on the show or do they have little things throughout the day?

I'm hoping this way of eating will be a doddle :D xx

I do mon, weds and fri as DD where I have a slim fast shake around mid-day and then a weight watchers meal in the evening. I find I don't have to watch my calories then as they are con tolled. The slim fast shakes are yummy, I was very surprised! And WW chicken hotpot is really nice ........ All in all I don't find the DD too bad at all.

I am sticking to the general 500/2000 which is working out well ....... Although I don't count calories on the UD, I estimate I'm around the right amount.

I am planning a Chinese takeaway on Saturday evening as a special treat ....... Can't wait ;-)

X

well DD's are not exactly a doddle but they are getting easier for sure, you can read my diary to see what I have on DD's, personally I tend to eat nothing till about 3.30 then have 2 meals. I try not eat empty calories like snacky or sugary things. I am trying to get proper meals with veg that will keep me full for longer and won't give me the sugar rush making me more hungry. Well that's the theory anyway blown nearly 100 cals on a flamin fruit yogurt the other day, won't be doing that again LOL
You will find your way I am sure.

Hi Emily, your stats are more or less the same as me hun, I would just aim for 500/2000, be strict on your DD s make sure you stick to 500 or under (but don't stress if you go over a little) but try to stick to them. As for your UP days aim for 2000 make sure you eat enough, you are not dieting on a DD, Don't need to be too strict about keeping to the 2000 mark if you go over its not a problem, Dr Johnson says to eat until satisfied but not overeat so the cals they give you are just a guideline, don't get hung up on your UP day limit would be my best advice.
I usually don't track at all on my UPs but as its the School hols and my exercise is virtually nil I am trying to keep to about 2000 when I start the school run again I will just stop tracking, does that make sense?
I have been Juddding now for 13 weeks and I can't imagine eating any other way now and as Monica so rightly says , Food is our friend, enjoy xx

Yeah I suppose for the first couple of weeks/days its all trial and error. Hmm yeah it seems a lot of people are doing the 2000/500 rule so I'll probably go with that too, see if it works and if not I can always alter the calories?
Your stats are really good & thank you bajoleth, it just shows that you can lose weight with this :) I'll be reading peoples diaries tonight to get a few down day ideas.
I know the down days will be a bit more of a challenge but I'm sure it won't be much different to a slim and save day, and then I can eat the next day. It'll be a down and distraction day ;) lol xxx

Welcome to juddding :)

DD's are hard some days and easy others. But the biggest thing to remember is that its only ever gonna be 24 hours until the next time you can have something you want. I often find I crave junk then don't want it the next day anyway!

And sometimes DDs are even enjoyable. I just had my dd lunch and it was scrummy (weightwatchers herb & onion crackers and phili!)

Good luck and keep updating us on your progress x

Emily , great to see you here , if you enjoy this as much as I am then you will find it a breeze.

Thank you hannata, that is a good way of looking at it that the next day I can eat what I want lol, Ive got a feeling cracker bread is going to be my friend on down days.

Hey cable, how are you finding it? (will look for your diary) hope your well, I kept throwing up on slim and save so thought to come away from it for a while just to make sure it is the vlcd xxx

if you have a look through peoples diaries you might get some more ideas. I find nimble is an absolute staple in my diet at the mo (51 cals each!) phili extra light cheese (33 cals for 30g which is a lot) and Knorr chicken noodle soup is like 170ish cals for the entire pack lol :D

Well in the end I managed to do today as a down day, when I wrote this I only had one slim and save bar but thought I can actually turn today into a down day & start today instead of tomorrow, so I ended up having 443 calories :) So far so good, I've got things to distract me for the evening, but I usually find them quite easy, probably because Hollyoaks and Eastenders is on... xxx

Well done you! I've not seen many start on a DD ....... Good going matey :) x

Thank you onionbreath & Pauline, I just thought give a down day a go today and don't fret if can't handle it but it was quite easy, think because yesterday I was on slim and save so its a doddle in my head lol just doing my online shopping for food tomorrow - nom nom can not wait for food & not feel guilty for eating. Buying myself a heart rate monitor tomorrow as I'm going to join the gym and go when the little one is with his dad for the day. xxx

So today is an up day, woke up hungry so managed to have cereal :D Done my measurements as I saw something that someone posted about the "loss" is pure fat, not muscle, so I'm hoping my tum/boobs will get smaller. Though found out my boobs have shrunk which has always been a problem area for me. xx

Well todays up day has come to an end, 1980 calories down, so close to 2000 lol, tomorrows down day should be okay, me and the little one is at a friends house for the afternoon so won't be thinking of eating lol xxx

Back