Emma's dukan diary

Hey, thanks everyone.

My day started off well...being able to fasten my suit jacket for the first time in aaaaages! :) But then it went downhill... this guy who cancelled the date is now not free until July and is contemplating whether distance is an issue. I am starting give up on it.

I have also had a traumatic lunch break! Not only is it pouring with rain but a rat decided to enter my building which made me and my colleague scream so loud that the whole building heard and the boys ran down three flights of stairs as they thought we had been attacked (given I work in a prison law firm and sometimes our clients pop in to see us when on temporary leaves or after being released, this is a possibility). I am scared to walk into the hall now incase one decides to venture in again. YUCK.

Foodwise my day has been good. I have had

B- yoghurt with oatbran
L- prawn salad with garlic dressing (yoghurt with chilli flakes and garlic)
S - I have tuna and a salmon fillet
D - not sure yet probably chicken with cream cheese and bacon with some veg or a prawn stir fry... havent quite decided.

Have Zumba for an hour tonight too!

I have had such a good day today! Been round to see my friends new flat and he made a dukan friendly meal for us. He went through soooo much trouble bless him. Had smoked haddock with prawns and salad and for desert he had bought me a tub of sugar free jelly :) Soooo sweet of him :)

In addition to this, i've seen a guy who
I used to erm... 'see' and he told me I looked amazing! That was a brilliant feeling!

Roll on tomorrow! X

Just catching up, and wow at the rat story! On the positive side, that RUN downstairs must have done you the world of good :D (Hope you've not seen him again!).

Sounds like an interesting job - a "prison law firm"... tell us more?

What a kind friend you have. People are usually very obliging when they know we're coming with our "weird diet habits"! hee :D

aha... another budding romance?!!

Thankfully I have not seen the rat again! Think it's with all the left over kebabs from drunken nights on the toon that attracts it (office in the centre of town where the infamous big Market is - full of pubs and bars)

I'm a paralegal at the minute which basically means I do the job of a solcitor I'm just not qualified yet and I represent prisoners. Mostly the life sentence ones who are coming up for parole. It is really interesting. I'm a big believer in rehabilitation.

What do you do? I know you said you walk for miles on a morning to work. Don't think I could b bothered with that much walking though bet it's nice in the summer :)

Well it's not really a new budding romance I'm not sure wht to do about it... Manchester boy isn't available til July and has already let me down twice. this other guy is in newcastle like me but we have seen each other and then ended it twice now so I dunno if I'm just settin myself up for disaster here. I'll never learn lol. Why can't it all just be simple?!

I've been sooo hungry today and I don't know why. I can't of anything I've eaten or drank that's different to take me back to square one.... Not sure wht to do just gonna make sure I eat loads of protein today. Has this ever happened to u? X

Can you post your menu? Is there a chance that you're not eating enough protein? At your current weight, you can eat plenty of chicken, steak, prawns etc without restriction and you shouldn't go hungry...

I've been eating loads of protein the other day I had five chicken breasts lol.

Today I've had a yoghurt with oatbran, some lean ham, tin of tuna, two chicken breasts and four slices of salmon. And it's only just the afternoon. Yesterday I had yoghurt with oatbran, tuna, two chicken breasts, tuna salad, smoked haddock with prawns and salad and sugar free jelly.

Unless it's because i've had a couple of PV days in a row at the weekend. Might that affect it? I had to do that after my date disaster lol. I've not had an appetite for ages it's really weird tht it's suddenly come on today. I saw everything my friend used to make tea last night and everything was allowed nothing tolerated or anything.... X

Keep eating if you're hungry. Just a word of caution on using too many pre-packaged items in one day as they're all preserved in salt. No worries though. Boiled eggs are a good filler, and I think you'll find the oatbran more filling if you did something with it...

I don't really use pre packed food anymore I prepare my fish, prawns and chicken myself. I'll just keep eating and hope it's better tomorrow. Thank you x

I feel soooo bloated tonight :( I dunno if it's because I've eaten soooo much today or because I've had two cans of diet coke (when I rarely drink any) but my stomach seems massive.

Unless, could it be possible that because I'm losing weight off my waist, legs, thighs and practically everywhere else but my stomach my stomach seems bigger in comparison?

Bought a new bra today and I'm down three cup sizes and a number if that makes sense lol. Maybe as my boobs have shrunk so much my stomach seems to stick out more. It's mainly at the bottom of my stomach which I hate and it sticks out more than my bum. Unless my bum has shrunk more? My pj bottoms are soooo baggy now it could be case.

I know I'm totally waffling but it feels better to write these things down x

I'm seeing Take That next month, be sure to tell me how it is :)

Ooh me too. I'm going on the 2nd July and I can't wait. Robbie back on stage with them after all these years. I'm going to feel 14 again

Be sure to tell us how fab they are!

Hello, I shall let you know how they are though I am sure they will be brill. However, I am not really a robbie fan I think Take That were better without him.... lol. Either way though I loved all their original stuff.

Anyways, I have just been on the scales and can report a 3lb loss this week. So three more to go and I will have lost two stone. Cannot believe it I feel brill...although still a little bit bloated. Im convinced its because my boobs have shrunk my stomach seems bigger.

Anyways, I will report back after TT! *screams with excitement*

<hands on ears>

I am feeling very sorry for myself today :( had to ring in sick to work yesterday and am feeling even worse today though I have dragged myself in. I feel ill and as nice as my chicken and beef snacks look I really really dont feel like eating *sighs* i hate feeling ill.... x

Thanks. I have tonsilitis and could really do with some proper comfort food! I shall resist however! X

Back