Emma's dukan diary

Thanks dukandebut. I do have the best dad in the world :)

You have been really good to me the past few days thank you very much for all your messages! X

Hope you're back home with your Dad by now and, if he is anything like mine, you will be getting thoroughly spoiled. :)

Make that the joint best dad in the world, Emms - mine is pretty fantastic, too! ;-)

And you're very welcome, sweetheart. It can be tough enough following a diet without all of the extra health problems you've had to cope with recently. And you've never lost your determination to get back on track again as soon as you're able, which is fantastic.

Hello!

I realise I haven't updated in a while. I am enjoying consolidation so far mainly being able to have fruit! I've not had any carbs but the fruit is amazing!

Yesterday my dad made Sunday lunch - I had no potatoes or Yorkshire pudding and he made rhubarb dukan pie for pudding. Well it wasn't pastry like at all but it was really nice. And on saturday we had mince and dukan dumplings with brocoli and carrots. It was really nice!

Today I've had melon and a yoghurt for breakfast, left over beef for lunch and chicken fajitas for tea (in galettes) was very tasty!

Just been talking to my dad about consolidation and he was saying that he continued to lose weight when doing it. It's really good to know and even better to see him maintaining his loss. Bless him xx

How much did your dad loose? Is he still in consolidation? He sounds an amazing cook, I got hungry just reading it!

Emms, I am SO coming round for Dinner at your Dad's house :D

I am VERY jealous of the fruit eating. I am still fantasising about pineapple chunks and grapes :p

How are you feeling in yourself? x

Hi poppy.

My dad lost about 2 and a half stone on attack and cruise and then another half a stone on consolidation. He has just been to Corfu for a week as well and only put on two pounds! I am shocked that that is all he managed to gain when on his hol! Lol. He has lost the 2lbs again.

Not sure how much more he has lost since coming back from his hols but it is good motivation to actually see someone I know lose and maintain with dukan.

And he is a very good cook. He never used to be haha! X

Hi cocomo,

I'm feeling loads better now and it's nice eating veg everyday although I don't feel like I need it, if that makes sense. I'm only on consolidation for a few weeks while I recover from my op then will go back to cruise however, I don't know how I will cope cutting fruit out again. I had strawberries the other night! Argh!!! They were so nice.

I am not eating any carbs I don't really want them. Had a couple of carby things in hospital. My dad did offer me a potato with Sunday lunch (he was having a full one as a gala meal) but I refused! :D go me!

If I tell him everyone is loving the sound of his recipes he will get a big head! Hah. Gonna get his dumpling recipe though! As it adds something extra to mince without the need for potatoes x

If you want to add carbs in whilst you're recovering, maybe you could add them from a more 'natural' source - beans or lentils maybe, or some of the more carby vegetables, sweet potatoes, for example?

Dr. D does seem to reserve a good deal of vitriol for the humble potato in it's many forms!

Hello! Have been having a good few days.

Brownie earthquake don't temp me with sweet potato I love it!

Just been out for lunch and had salmon with salad and veg (switched jacket potato for veg - yay) and think my dad is making chicken for tea.

Last night, following a suggestion by myself (trying to take some credit here) my dad made moussaka! Dukan style! Even the beachamal (or however u spell it) sauce was dukan friendly - something to do with him using fromage frais instead of butter, no cheese, skimmed milk and corn flour instead of whatever flour you are meant to use. I have to say I was doubting my father but it was absolutely yummy! I'm gonna steal his recipe and post it on the recipe thread!

Off to the doctors tonight to see when I can go back to work. Hopefully next week as I'm startin to get a bit bored now... X

I've lost three more pounds! Since my 7lb loss so that's 10lbs in two weeks. I know I've been ill so I thought I'd whack some more weight on but it seems I've continued to lose it! Despite the fact i've been a couched potato for two weeks and eaten carbs in hospital! I'm liking consolidation I have to say! Don't wanna go back to cruise now :( oh well! X

That's excellent, well done. You have done well to recover so well and I guess special thanks to your Dad's cooking :)

i'm glad to hear you're feeling better Emms, and great news about your loss. once you're back on cruise it'll drop off even faster!

Thanks emma and poppy. I'm gonna stick with consolidation this weekend and then go back in to cruise when I'm back at work on monday. Starting with a PP day! Yay!

Unfortunately I'm getting a bit of a cold. Typical when I'm just about to go back to work!

My dad decided to order an Indian yesterday as his gala meal but I thought i'd be good and instead of having a full on curry and rice, (even tho I really wanted a dansak!) I had chicken tikka fr a starter and then tandoori chicken with salad for my main. No rice and no curry! Also had some popadom (hehe) Could have been worse tho I could have had a proper gala meal but decided not to abuse my consolidation as I'm only on it for a short while and to make the most of having veg to build myself up.

The best part was though, I felt like I was having a treat even though I didn't have like a full Indian curry if that makes sense. So I think my perception of food is changing because at one time there would be no way i'd turn down an indian.

Also, I know we are allowed two slices of wholemeal bread a day during conso. I did have bread when I was in hospital but since then I've been eating dukan bread lol. I really like it and don't see the point in eating the nrmal stuff.

My view of food has changed, I can't believe it! Tho I think I still need to work on ny chocolate binge eating. Reckon if I have choc I'll not be able to stop. One step at a time though! X

Don't forget your multivitamins! I'm rubbish at remembering but i always take one if i feel a bit of a cold coming on and i think it manages to chase it off.

Yeah I've learnt to take them properly now after my two cases of tonsilitis in one month lol. I was rubbish and hadn't taken them for ages. I think it makes a difference! X

Hello,

After two weeks of feeling ill and sorry for myself I am back to work tomorrow! Yehaaa and cruise commences once again. Goodbye consolidation phase, its been a blast, I shall see you again soon. In order to celebrate this I have eaten a full chicken from Morrisons :D was proper yum yum!

Well yesterday I had a really good night, I had a date at an army barracks. Strange place to go on a first date but still pretty cool lol. When I pulled up at the gate I panicked because there was soilders there holding guns and guns terrify me. Then they asked why I was there I was so panicked! hah. But then I saw my date running to the gate and felt more relaxed, I knew they wouldnt shoot me!

Anyway, I met me soilder and he took me round the barracks, I have to say the army assault course looks impossible. He said he could do it in 3 minutes! I tell you I wouldnt even be able to get up the damn net in 20 minutes never mind do the whole thing in three. I also told him I wanted to tone up my arms and he said he will help me with a fitness programme, this coming from a man who runs three miles carrying 55lbs in his backpack, no thank you! I reckon ill be able to do the assault course one day though (well I can dream at least haha)

But anyway it went well and I am seeing him again on Friday which is cool. Now I just need to figure out whether I can actually cope with seeing someone in the army. Im a bit of a worrier so, I dunno how I would feel if he was deployed. Apparently he is staying put for the next three years but you never know do you. I will have to have a think about it.

So, I think thats all I have to update you on. Until next time... xx

Wowsers, sounds like you had a really good first date! I hope your date on Friday goes well too, remember to post updates for me, as I am single and living vicariously through your dates lol :D

I bet having a relationship with someone in any of the forces is terribly difficult - you don't lead a "normal" life and it requires so much patience and worry and concern. You seem like such a strong person, if this is the right guy, I bet you can be the supportive other half.

Have as easy a day as you can tomorrow, don't overdo anything - bet your colleagues will be chuffed to see you.

Back