Em's diary

happy days on the boiler pet! xx

It feels like such a luxury this evening sat in a lovely warm house, with hot running water on demand! Boy did I ever enjoy my shower this afternoon!

B: 2 toffee muffins
L: 2 egg omelette with 1 fillet smoked mackerel & 2 slices smoked salmon
D: Approx 200g chicken mini fillets dry fried, half a pack of king prawns & 2 slices smoked salmon
S: 4 wafer thin chicken slices, rest of muffins (3)

I've done pretty well today I think - definitely eaten more than I normally would on a weekend.

Making bacon sandwiches for my boiler engineer along with ham sandwiches served with crisps and handing out multiple chocolate biscuits wasn't too tough on me - though buying all those carbs yesterday felt a bit odd!

Making bacon sandwiches for my boiler engineer along with ham sandwiches served with crisps and handing out multiple chocolate biscuits wasn't too tough on me - though buying all those carbs yesterday felt a bit odd!

Well done for looking after the workers! I bet he really appreciated it.

nope DD i'm Irish!! Sorree !!

Emma - I'm loving seeing the quantities! Thank you! (I always thought you were one of those not eating enough, but your menu today reassures me on that front!) And fabulous weight loss too. Excellent!

Thanks Jo! I admit there have probably been some days where I haven't eaten enough, but I'm trying to make sure I'm having a bit more these days. It's all pretty approximate - I'll tend to cook a whole pack of turkey and then eat 2/3 of it but it's about right anyway.

Shopping day today for OH birthday on tuesday so a good traipse round town has been my exercise. We were out longer than I thought we'd be so calling in tesco I grabbed some fridge raiders to keep me going till I got home. Not ideal I know but better than most stuff you would grab as a snack from tesco!

Today:
B: 2 muffins
L: 2 leftover mini chicken fillets with quark dip (dijon mustard & capers), packet of fridge raiders
D: Am going to cook a coley fillet (about 380g) that was reduced in tesco with half a pack of prawns & 2 or 3 slices of the smoked salmon I've got left although probably about 1/3 of this will be saved for tomorrow's lunch.
S: 3 muffins, 1/4 sf jelly & small portion of stewed sweetened rhubarb.

I tried making some chocolate muffins today with a little cocoa & they smell yummy! Am going to do another batch of toffee ones later on so I'll mix them up and limit the chocolate ones to 2 a day - which will mean about 2/5 of a teaspoon of cocoa in a day.

Bleurgh mondays! thank god that one's out of the way. I felt really out of sorts this morning - you know the days where EVERYONE's an idiot? I had one of those!

Am spending my valentine's evening in the kitchen. Made a lovely steak dinner and now baking a carrot cake for the OH as it's his birthday tomorrow. Was very hard not to nibble on the pecans as I was chopping those up, but I stayed strong! This weekend is going to be a challenge though - meal out at a chinese and then drinks in town. I'm going to try and stick to the plan as much as possible but I know it's going to bring me out of keto and set me back a bit. It's a big birthday though, so I've got to get involved - wouldn't be fair to him I think.

L: Leftover fish salady pan pie stuff from last night - was lovely cold, though I've had vegetables this evening so would have been even nicer with some bite sized pieces of blanched green beans in it.
D: Sirloin steak with quark sauce (garlic, steak juice, worcester sauce, dijon mustard) with green beans and broccoli.
S: SF jelly, 3 muffins

tell me about those fridge raiders - having checked them yesterday for a newbie, we said "NO WAY!"

Ref this weekend - there are dishes you can have at a Chinese restaurant without problem. I dieted initially with a girl with Vietnamese origins, and she ate out every evening in Chinatown here on Cruise! Drink vodka... or gin... += diet coke mixer for lowest carb drink. (Vicky's best to advise on that sort of thing ;))

chop suey type things too... grilled things...

OMG carrot cake - that is above and beyond the call of duty!! I have 3 family birthdays this week and I tried to limit the damage by telling OH I didn't want to go out for mine, but I think I heard him telling DD we are going to my favourite Indian, where they do the most divine naan bread. Now that (if I heard correctly) will be a challenge too!

Ooh, you can do it mouse, don't panic. I know that saturday will set me back, but feel like I've been going great guns recently and know that a few days being uber strict afterwards will set me straight. My only worry is that I'll get too drunk and lose all control - not at the restaurant, but back home after drinks when the snacks come out. I've not had a drink since new year so I'll be on my arse after 2! If it was anyone else, or not such a significant birthday then things might be different, but I'll just prepare as much as I can and try and limit the damage.

I have it on good authority that the cake is rather good. Looks tempting, but I've settled for sf jelly and muffins instead and now I'm full again it's not really an issue at all.

L: Leftover turkey and prawns (small bowlful), fillet smoked mackerel
D: Ginger chilli lime chicken (1 breast)
S: SF jelly, 3 muffins

Oh, and sorry I'm not on here as much through the day, but they've had a crack down on using phones in the office so I'm only able to nip on when I pop downstairs or at lunchtime... will try and keep up with everyone's news :)

How dare they interfere with your social life? blooming cheek!

Right, been a busy couple of days, but I'll update on what I've been doing and then try and catch up on everything else if I can fit it in. Was straight over to my aunt's after work tomorrow where we culled her wardrobe of clothes that are too big for her (after losing weight on dukan) and I've brought a sack full of really nice stuff back with me. Feel like I've been on a mammoth shopping trip! Stayed there last night and went to work from there too, which is why I've not been online at all.

Food yesterday:
L: 2 small ginger chilli lime chicken breasts with a handful of beans/broccoli
D: Not strictly dukan, but pretty close - my aunt made chicken liver souffle (from the book) followed by lamb (eek!) in a sticky red wine sauce (double eek!) with shallots, green beans and roast butternut squash.
S: Toffee muller light, 3 muffins

Food today:
B: 2 muffins (took a big stock with me yesterday!)
L: Leftover chicken liver souffle with a couple of shallots
D: 2 slices turkey meatloaf with 1/4 roast butternut squash
S: sf jelly, 3 muffins

Fancy your Aunt, an ex-Dukanian to boot, making you a lamb dish! (Bet it tasted good, mind... I've some lamb winking at me in the freezer in the country and I wish it would go away!)

Back