Em's diary

As for sauces, there are a few in the book.

I love chicken legs, home roasted mind and never find them dry... (whereas a tin of tuna would beat me... just can't swallow it "dry"!)

hi Emma,

yes like every one I was going to suggest look at fish if you like it. If you don't want to cook it then there's smoked, in vinegar (watch for sugar in some of those), tinned...

When I'm organised I very much rely on eggs - mini-quiches in silicone muffin cases with a shred of ham or salmon in it. Baked custard pots (use old glass ramekins recycled from GU desserts....)

Or make some microwave dukan 'bread' in the morning (see recipes) - that will give you a slice or two to make into a believable sandwich. Of course you'd need to not have your oat bran at breakfast time...

I mix some curry powder with yoghurt and then add that to chicken to make a kind of coronation chicken - and if there is enough sauce people can't see that you're only eating chicken.

<why only eat chicken though?>

I just put vinegar and or pepper on tuna, mostly I eat from the tin with a sachet of pepper on top, saves washing up lunchboxes.

it's funny - I know many of you have problems now looking a chicken in the eye, but tinned tuna just turns my stomach! Fresh is ok but still dry...

these are great ideas guys, thanks so much. can't believe i forgot about curry powder, i love coronation chicken!

Today reads as:

B: cinnamon galette (again - now i've got the hang of these i love them)
L: pack of wafer thin chicken (blame the weather)
S: Vanilla yogurt
D: Sirloin steak and dukan mayo
S: Toffee yogurt

B: cinnamon galette
L: smoked peppered mackerel fillet
S: Toffee yogurt
D: Thai chicken made with ginger, chilli, lime, low salt stock and some fromage frais & green beans
S: sweetened greek yogurt

Have drunk loads and loads of water today, but I think the mackerel seemed quite salty today, so that might have had something to do with it.

Also I went to the gym at work for the first time today since I started Dukan. Only did 25 mins or so, but it's a start, and I'm hoping a bit more movement will trigger the weight loss again as I've been hovering around the same weight for a few days.

B: 2 quorn sausages, 2 turkey rashers & mushrooms (fried in a drop of oil) - felt almost like a proper fry up!
D: Cottage pie (kinda) made with some swede slices instead of creamy mash on top - this didn't turn out as well as I was hoping but it was a bit of an experiment, so if I try it again I'll think about how I can make it better.
S: 0% greek yogurt & cinnamon galette

Carrot/cumin 'mash' is lovely too.:D

Oooh, sounds good - i'll try that one too.

Haven't eaten much today, spent all day in the kitchen making preserves for christmas hampers, so perhaps the pervading smell of vinegar has dampened my appetite!

B: Leftover quarter of yesterday's galette
D: Tuna omelette
S: Cinnamon galette

today was supposed to be PV, but I'll see how I go for the next couple of days and might only do the next 2 days PP instead of 3.

Oh I'm so glad it worked well for you, really glad you enjoyed it.

I know I could have eaten more especially yesterday but I honestly didn't think I needed it. When I'm hungry I will always get something to eat - I just didn't feel the need yesterday. Now that I'm back at work I'll be eating more, I think I'm just not as hungry at the weekends.

Been a pretty good day today for me,

B: half a cinnamon galette
L: coronation chicken (1 breast) - was good, but not quite right so needs a little tweaking, although I guess nothing can really replace proper mayonnaise (sigh...)
D: Ginger chilli and lime chicken cooked in a low salt stock and thickened with quark - I let the mixture cool a little this time before adding the quark, and it didn't split this time which was a bonus!
S: Vanilla yogurt & rest of galette & bowl of sweetened greek 0% yogurt

Mmm that sounds a really good menu. I need to start using more ginger again. Its funny how I can forget thing exist.

Glad youre doing well as its a good motivator for those of us wavering, seeing how easy it can be when in the zone is very useful.

keep it up.

Back