Em's diary

Gosh! Amazing!

Brill Emma you're doing great. It's always a challenge at social occasions, especially with family who've made en effort ('just for you'). Looks like you've got it sussed! Good luck with the party!

Thanks Jo & Anja,

another successful day yesterday:

B: Cinnamon galette
L: turkey meatloaf
D: works xmas party at a steakhouse restaurant. had the smoked mackerel and salmon terrine with crayfish salad for starter (left the crispbread), steak for main with just the green beans and a couple of carrots for main declining the roast potatoes (this raised a couple of eyebrows, maybe should have taken one and just mashed it up on my plate a bit) and proclaimed to be too full for any pudding (chocolate and amaretti torte) which was probably true really. Also managed to get through probably about a litre of water and just half the glass of red wine that was poured for me.

The vegetables were a bit oily, but thought better that and fill up a bit on them than reaching for the spuds, and the same is probably true of the gravy that came with the steak but was trying to appear as eating normally.

after all that still 3/4 lb down this morning so well chuffed. Definitely feel like i can conquer xmas without too much damage now :)

Last edited:
wey hey well done any loss is great and getting through a do with out crumbling is a brill achievement ......

Thanks scrumper, felt really proud of myself

Today:
B: Half cinnamon galette
L: Sweetened yogurt and half galette
D: Surf and turf (fillet steak and jumbo prawns) yum yum :)

oh yum on the surf and turf I love that

Never had surf and turf, feel like I'm missing out! Must try someday.

I'm sure you'll get through the festive season just fine, Emma, if you can manage a loss while bending the rules very slightly!;)

Hope so Laura!
Another good day today, and managed to eat more than normal at the weekends:

B: Half cinnamon galette, then bacon omelette
L: Turkey meatloaf
D: Surf and turf again, had some prawns left from yesterday, and it was so yummy i thought i'd repeat it.

thanks jaqys, feeling very inspired and motivated - the good results are really helping with that.

Yesterday:
B: Smoked salmon rolls filled with quark mixed with herbs (the filling could do with some work, any suggestions welcome - perhaps a squeeze of lime juice?)
D: Ginger chilli and lime chicken with green beans and broccoli
S: Cinnamon galette.

Hi alottolose,

All the weight I've lost was on dukan, apart from the first 3.5 lb which came off in the week and a half between deciding to do it and actually starting, don't know how - perhaps was just in the right mindset. My start date was the 20th November, so yes - over the past month I've lost 16.25 lb, as i'm up to 19.75 total loss overall.

Thanks, feeling very proud of myself to be honest - you can really notice a difference, especially in my cheeks and chin, and my boobs have shrunk loads! lol

Feeling very motivated to stay on the straight and narrow over the break, and hopefully get to goal as soon as i can in the new year.

Good going Emma! I feel the same about staying on the s & n over Christmas!

Thanks very much guys,

realised i hadn't updated yesterday, so...

B: Cinnamon galette,
L: Leftover chicken (ginger/chilli/lime)
S: Few slices smoked salmon as was starving when got in from work
D: Surf and turf (again - prawns half price at sainsburys at the moment!)

today:

B: half cinnamon galette
L: brisk walk in town followed by few slices of smoked salmon (was all i could pull out of the fridge to bring in with me this morning.
D: yet to be decided. might have to cook some frozen homemade burgers as oh had to take my car to work and isn't back till late.

have a good christmas x

Right, I'm back and happy new year to all!

The festive season was pretty manic, so just tried to be good, and it seems to have paid off. Couldn't weigh myself for 4 days over xmas but managed a 1.75lb loss, and only gained a half lb with the new year festivities so overall very pleased with that.

Back on it now, not that I really came off, and still feeling motivated. Yesterday was as follows:

B: half cinnamon galette
L: smoked salmon with black pepper and lemon
D: 3 homemade burgers with a tiny dollop of ketchup
S: rest of galette

Today:

B: Vanilla muller light
L: rest of smoked salmon and half galette
D: 3 homemade turkey burgers and half a pack of jumbo prawns

Hope everyone had a great festive season :)

Last edited:
Back