Em's diary

The OH was skulking around last night asking if i had anything that needed 'testing!' he's going to have to wait till the bride and groom make it over to try them out i'm afraid, however the ones i've done so far aren't even finished - they're moulded and still need their bottoms!

Still laptop-less at the moment, and hard to type a lot via my phone :( am still here though, trying to keep up with diaries.

Busy weekend ahead, we're having a bbq a week tomorrow for my birthday which is on Monday, so there's lots to do for that, plus the obligatory cake baking to take into the office on Monday. Don't worry though, I shall resist!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA (and hope I got the day right!!! I reread your above post three times and THINK it's today... or next Monday?!)

You've really knuckled back into Dukan after your holiday, which is great to see. Do you have much still to lose? Are you using the same sort of menus as previously? Are you finding it harder than the "first time", having broken your rhythm?

On the techie side, a little tiny button on the side of my smartphone (Nokia X06) has broken off, and unfortunately it's THE button you slide up and down to take the phone off standby and there is NO key stroke for same. It's under guarantee, but my phone people say they can't repair that, so I'll need to deal directly with Nokia (yawn). I'm not entitled to a new phone with my contract at cut price for another 10 months. Meanwhile, I am using a paper clip each and every time I want to use my phone or even look at the screen to see if I've a missed call/received a text while absent from office. IRRITATING!

x

Ooh Happy Birthday Emm?

Ha, I read my original post back there and it's hard to decipher - sorry Jo! Yes, the birthday is today, and the BBQ is on saturday. I'm really keeping fingers crossed for the weather, as this week doesn't look promising at all :( i'll be gutted if it's wet, especially after having such beautiful weather this weekend.

Still a couple of lb to get off before i'm back to pre holiday weight, but to be fair i think i'm overdoing the dairy. Tried to rectify that a bit over the past couple of days, but I am sticking to the same kind of menus as pre holiday. Annoying that it's not coming off as quickly, but if I can limit the dairy to the bare minimum i think it'll move faster, though i struggle as i'm a big fan. i'm not finding it hard being back on the diet at all actually, it was a relief to start it again and get the 'control' back!

am sticking to the straight and narrow today, despite having brought in home made chocolate guinness cake, sticky toffee cupcakes and cookies to the office. can't promise the same for saturday though :eek:

Know its frustrating when things go slowly but you'll probably be more successful in conso if you dont cut back too much, its so so close again, well done getting back into things post holiday.

Willpower of steal to avoid all those treats, wow they sound good.

quick update, been a good week so far, as of this morning i'm 2lb down on last friday which is good news! Still no laptop, so really hard to get on here properly but i'll hopefully be able to catch up on diaries etc a bit today.

fingers still crossed for the weather tomorrow. apart from an early rain shower i think we might be ok.

food has been lots of chicken and turkey this week, and i tried a double quantity yoghurt cake, which just about fit in the tin, and gave a much deeper result that looked definitely more cake like, though it did take twice as long to cook and was a little brown on top!

Oh, and shopping for bbq essentials last night in Tesco and found some of the elusive fat reduced cocoa powder, so i grabbed some :D

Sounds like you're well back into the fold. I've never tried doubling the tofu(?) yoghurt cake, but I have doubled Mouse's victoria sandwich and that's definitely more "cake like". But remember we have children here who'll eat the whole lot in one go!

As for that elusive cocoa powder, can you tell us what percentage fat it is? Just curious!

I didn't even bother to look Jo, I saw it on the shelf, thought 'I've found the holy grail!' and chucked it in the trolley. I'll check later and let you know.

Yes, it was the tofu variety of cake - after reading how good for you tofu is i'm trying to eat some quite regularly. Still to try the victoria sponge, but i'm loving the quick spiced toasts based on the microwave bread recipe on the weekends at the moment.

Hi Em - I am a bit sporadic at the moment too as my laptop has gone off for repair - don't realise how much I use it until it's gone!! Glad things are good with you. x

a double size yogurt cake ..............mmmmmm now theres a plan !!!!!!

Made another one last night scrumper, though it did burn on top a bit- i think i might need to lower the temperature and cook for longer perhaps, or maybe it's best to stick to the single quantity recipe!!!

So the weekend was really good - we thankfully got some really lovely weather on saturday and everyone enjoyed themselves. I wasn't perfectly behaved as far as dukan is concerned, but it could have been worse than it was i think.

Final push now, and no more deviations till i get to goal which will hopefully be very soon as i am keen to get going on conso (i think!)

My last two tofu yoghurt cakes have been rather strange in texture and rather "wet"... I'm not sure I'll make another.

Good to read how you're still motivated to get the last bit off (even if you do look perfect as you are!)

Maybe a few months break from the yoghurt cake will remind you how nice they are when you come back to them. I find I 'forget' about some foods sometimes, then when i remember and make them again they taste better than ever. It's so easy to get into a routine with easy & familiar meals i forget how inventive dukan made me in the early days.

i couldn't live without my (almost) daily dose of tofu!

mmm the yogurt cake is too good !!!

i told myself off said im near goal why chuck it all away now so im dragging myself back to the grindstone !!

Just need to do the pack lunches blind folded or give them all dukan foods lol

Feeling bad for my poor neglected diary, but snatches of time in work aren't enough to properly update menus etc. Thought I'd better rescue it from slipping onto page 2 by noting that my laptop is still poorly, but has gone into my dad's hands to organise a trip to the repair shop. Hopefully i'll have it back soon, whilst I can do *most* of what i need to on my phone it's really no replacement.

So far this week only 1lb up on last friday's weight which is pretty good considering the bbq last saturday. i'm happy with that, and feel like i've been good this week, if only really having more pv days that i originally intended. monday was a trip to wales for a retirement do, yesterday was lunch with a contact through work, so gonna try and do the next few days as pp i think.

much chicken and turkey meatloaf looms in my future i think!

1lbs ok ....you sound like me fed up of behaving lol but know we have to !!!! to get where we want to be , why cant eating be a normal thing !
im ok at bbqs as i stick to the meat side

Back