Episode VIII - We Can Do This!!!!

Well I'm still feeling really sicky, and it doesn't help matters having bars or meals... will have to see how it goes... got a soup left for today, and I am half a litre away from 4 litres, so I think that is all I will manage for today. Back in work full time hours tomorrow, so that will be hard, especially if I am feeling like this... Still positive, but it is getting harder feeling sicky!! Just hope its not CD that is doing this to me, as I was fine before I restarted on Monday...:cry:

Love

Sorry you are feeling so rubbish hun. Maybe it's just symptoms of carb withdrawal?? You don't usually feel sick on CD do you? Just think tomorrow is day 3 and the K fairy will be with you if she's not already.

:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Until you said you were fine until Monday, I was wondering whether you might be pregnant Nikki!

I have a Next directory and it is fatal - especially around sale time when you get exclusive previews. I'm still paying off my last sale splurge, even though it's all too big now!

Spicy cabbage sounds nice Debbie - what is it? lol

You seem to be doing really well Maggie - and very positive too!

I will have to read your diary Sarah to find out about that late night phone call that stopped you from sleeping. Sounds intriguing! Well done for getting back into ketosis so quickly.

Good luck with your restarts Shrm and Chika - keep drinking the water, no matter the weather!

I've not had a bad day SSing, although nowhere near enough water, so glugging now to make up for it.

Had a car accident on the way home - well, I didn't, but was involved in one, and I think I may have whiplash. A car rammed into me from behind on the motorway and the impact threw me forward. My neck and back are sore, but I've dosed up on painkillers and had a bit of bolognese (minus the spaghetti) just in case the pain killers upset my stomach (does that sound like a crap excuse for eating?).

My car looks fine - in the dark! I've got a 4x4 (affectionately known as 'The Hairdressers Jeep') and the car hit my towbar and spare wheel, so without getting it up on ramps, I can't see any damage.

Loads of reports to do tonight to make my deadlines, so I really need to get cracking.

I reckon I'll be up even later than you tonight Mocha!

Help Me!!!

Apologies in advance if this comes out as mega self indulgent and mierable but you guys are the only people in the world who will understand where I'm coming from. All my friends and housemates are skinny and just haven't a clue and I can't talk to them about it.

Today was going to be my restart after last week's eating. I was going to do it yesterday but caved in and ate rubbish. Anyway I've just gone and done it again.

I'm sat here very close to tears and sooo annoyed with myself it hurts. All I want at the moment is to be thin and I keep sabotaging the diet. Why!

I've been doing this for just under 2 months now and lost just under 3 stone. Its not bad but it could have been so much more. I have wasted sooo much time and money by not SSing properly.

Its a great diet and nothing I've ever tried has gotten the weight off the way how this does I know this and I still eat crap.

As a result of all this my chatterbox is creeping back into my thoughts and telling me stuff like oh you were born big, why not just accept it and I'm even considering jacking it all in and just going to Weightwatchers. I'm fed up of drinking water, I want to go out and drink wine dance and have a kebab at the end of the night. Currently CD feels like a big punishment cos I can't do any of that.

Does anyone else ever feel like this and what do you do to combat the feelings? Thanks for reading x

Hey Chika, don't beat yourself up about a small blip. You may have just lost sight of the bigger picture. You have lost so much already don't forget that, your heart is there but your head just isn't at the moment. Perhaps if you write down a list of reasons why you are doing this it will remind your head and bring it back in line :) then you can refer to it everyday and use it as a mantra to get you through. Remember - you can do this!! It's not forever, just a short while and once it's done it is done. You are not alone, we are here with you every step of the way. Chin up - tomorrow is another day. Good luck hun Vxx

Oh Chika hun x....This diet is the hardest diet in the world when your struggling...
How would you feel about going on to one of the other plans..so that you can eat, but eat healthy. I can tell that you really want to lose the weight but your head is not quite ready for the ssing.
I have today written my diary in the weightloss forum, go have a read....I have struggled with my weight for years...but have given myself a big fat kick up the ar*e and have now realised that it is only me that can change things....not some magic wand.

I think sometimes we go into a self destruct mode, because we don't know how to handle being slim and sub- conciously (sp) we try and destroy the effort of getting there, because it's the unknow.

OMG im waffling...I do find it hard to put into words what I am trying to say.................tomorrow is another day Chika, stop beating yourself up now and leave to day behind......here's to tomorrow

HM
XX

I am exactly the same Chika... my chatterbox is trying to talk me into eating all of the time!! I have just clicked in my head that the food is still going to be there when I have finished my diet and am at goal! if I want something nice then I will eat it when I am at goal...

Chika, come on here before you eat... and we will try and talk you out of it, but I fully understand hunny!! maybe your head isn't in the right place...

Hunny, hope you are OK, don't beat yourself up we are all human!! and as humans expect the odd blip!

Amber, are you OK... go and see the doctor as they need to put it on your doctors notes that you were involved in a RTA, they may be able to give you stronger painkillers too!! I know how important it is to get the docs involved!! Hope your not in too much pain... (oh and no I better not be pregnant!!)

Love

Hey Amber, sorry I missed your post. Hope you are OK, may be you should get that checked out hun? Vx

Hi Amber, hope you are ok hon? Make sure that you go and get yourself checked out and have a hot bath or something tonight. Hugs for you.

Mochaj green tea is different. Tbh I don't actually like it too much but when I drink a lot of it I loose much more weight than I normally do. I have about 5 cups of it a day.

The flavoured ones are nicer but we can't really have them which is a shame. I would try a few different brands and find the one that you like best as they all taste slightly different. My fave one is the Green Dragon brand from Holland and Barrett. Its really light and refreshing and you don't get the slightly bitter aftertaste that comes with some brands. It will never ever taste like Yorkshire tea but heyho!

Also just a tip if you want to up your green tea intake without noticing it. Use it to make your hot shakes and soups. You can't taste it when its blended with a pack but you are still getting the antioxidants and all the goodness.

Just read the replies - thank you soooo much. I am actually crying now. God I really shouldn't have admitted that!

I think I'm going to give SS one last go and if I can't stick to it then I'll rethink CD altogether. I think if I have licence to eat then I actually won't stop and I need to deal with that. I'm going to read the books that I have bought on overeating again and try and get my head back in the game. I WILL be slim before next summer!

Great tip for the Green tea Chika, I'm gonna try that one....I've had 6 cups today...I better have a good weight loss this week, all the peeing i'm doing...

Have an early night if you can Chika....tomorrow will look brighter. xx

Thanks for all your advice re the whiplash. I am going to call my docs tomorrow Nikki and at least have them put it on my notes, even if they can't fit me in for an appointment. Police are coming round tomorrow too.

Chika - I'm sorry you're so down, it's a shitty way to be feeling. What probably makes it worse is when every other skinny b*****d around you is eating exactly what they want to (and you would like to too), without any detrimental effects.

But now, for the cyber kick up the backside. You have proved you CAN stick to this diet - you have had some incredible weight losses and you CAN repeat them again. I'm not so convinced that moving to WW is the way to go for you - as you said, given license to eat, you will eat, and counting in a McDonalds and kebab has potential to blow your points allowance, plus less fantastic results, which is less motivation to stick to it.

I've not yet come up with any foolproof strategy to stop me from bingeing, but the one that is getting close is remembering how great it feels to see the scales drop, compared to the taste of whatever I fancy putting in my mouth. Seeing them creep up by 3/4 of a lb last week (I know it's not a massive amount) really gutted me, and I keep trying to recall how bad I felt at the time.

This is my suggestion - tell yourself you are going to stick to SS until Christmas - it's only a month, and a month is not a lot out of your life. If you can't face it after that, you'll at least had some more great losses and hopefully turned your 3 stones down into something closer to 4 or 5 gone forever!

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn - I'd just hate to see you fall now when you have done so well.

Don't forget, we're all here for you and will back you up whatever you decide.

Good morning, I hope everyone is fine and dandy today.

Chika, first of all never apologise or think you are being self indulgent for asking for help or having a moan. Look at the top of the page on your screen. It says "Minimins - Weight Loss Support Forum". That's what we're all here for - to support each other. We can't do that unless we know you're needing us!

Secondly I don't really think that I can add anything extra to the comments made by everyone else but I do know that even though this diet is hard, it is worth it in the end. It is really a mind game and sometimes no matter how hard you try, if your mind isn't in the right place then it won't work. I wish I could wave a magic wand over you but as I can't, I'll send you lots of :hug99: and +ve :vibes:.

Amber, what a nightmare about your accident. I'm glad you are going to the doctors because you need to have a record of what happened. I don't want to sound negative but if there are future implications then you need to have a come back.

Nikki, hope you are feeling better this morning and have a good day at work.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Morning everyone. How are you all?

Amber i hope you are feeling ok, don;t forget the doctors! Sarah is right, I wanted to say that but Sarah managed to do it tactfully - I'm not good at that! Nikki I hope you aren't as ill as before.

Thank you sooooooooo much for all your messages yesterday and this morning. I was miserable and furious with myself last night so I took myself off on a long drive to clear my head. By some magic coincidence I was driving along and I picked up a radio phone in about a woman who was struggling to loose weight. It was all quite emotional but she was terrified that she wouldn't see her children grow up.

I don't have children but it really hit home that being this size is going to always be a hindrance to my health and maybe anything else I choose to do. I don't want to die of a self inflicted thing like overeating and I certainly don't want to ever be unsure of things just because I am the size I am.

The really magic thing was that instead of reccomending WW or surgery as these DJ's tend to do, they told the lady about CD and LL! I'm not overly religious but I think someone was trying to tell me something. The bad thing is I was in Wales somewhere and the station dissapeared on the way back to Manchester. Fate?

Anyway I'm up and awake, all positive and feeling quite happy about SSing today. I'm prepared for the wobble that I will probably get later today but until then all is well and I'm off to get a start on my first litre of water.

Also can anyone answer this - I'm not in ketosis now but if i do some extra exercise today will that burn up some of the stored glycogen and get me there faster?

Thanks and have a fantastic day! XX

Glad you are positive Chika, remember we're here if you get that wobble!

I'm not sure about the exercise to be perfectly honest, but all I'd say is to be careful not to overdo it because if you do you might harm yourself or it might make you feel worse and you might not be able to resist temptation.

Good luck today!!!

Thnaks for your advice girls. I'm not too bad this morning, just stiff and a bit sore. I think I may have gotten away with it lightly

Chika, I am sooooo glad you had an epiphany yesterday! Although you have been struggling, going by your weight loss, this diet obviously really suits your body - just need to get it to suit your mind too!

With regard to using your glycogen stores.... I'm not scientific but I reckon that as our body uses glycogen to provide energy, by expending energy, we must be expending glycogen. Bearing in mind that glycogen is stored in our muscles as well as other organs, then working muscles has to use up some energy stores. But please don't overdo it - you know how rough/faint/dizzy people can feel when they start SSing - perhaps try a short but fairly brisk walk, not too far away from home, so you can get back and rest if you need to!

I hope you have a fantastic day getting back into it Chika - you are so strong, just direct your strength toward resisting the grub!

Think how proud you are going to feel when you come back on here later and tell us you have stuck to it 100% - then get an early night to help resist picking!

A
X

me too been so busy at work have only just got thru my first bottle too gotta get it moving!!! has my second AAM last night which was LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLY still cant get over that such a small bowl can taste so nice and even filling. It scares me to think of the piles of Cra* i used to shovel down my throat at every opportunity. Im going out for a meal next thurs with work and was gonna blank it cos of 'the diet' but have decided that i will A) drive to avoid alcohol and give me good reason to drink water!
b) choose a salad option (ill be on 790 by then) and enjoy being in control and stay in ketosis rather than say 'stuff it its only one night back on track tonorrow' which is what i usually do

Im actually starting to think i can crack this overeating/diet/binge cycle ive been in for 20 years!!!!!

Back