Everyone welcome, come on in and have a chat, anything goes....!

Hi Sonya

I know what you're going through hun, it is sooo hard and yet so inexplicable when we falter - we are only human though and all we can do is learn from our mistakes! I've been doing a lot of thinking about how i feel after eating lately and after a binge i NEVER think i'm glad i done that. It's always regrets, depression, disappointment, frustrations etc etc etc... It's never worth it. And i'm trying to get myself into a habit of thinking "if i eat this, will i be pleased with my decision in one hour's time?" One hour is such a short time frame and for the pleasure of stuffing your face, the consequences are soooo not worth it. There is no benefit to binging whatsoever - apart from the pure joy of it whilst eating - but even then i tend to eat so quick i don't give myself time to enjoy it!!

Sorry i've rambled on, but binging is a big problem for me... and something i think about doing several times a day.

We can get over this Sonya!!!

would be so so much easier if we didnt have husbands and kids. not that i wish away my babies but u know what i mean!!

hard to be an angel when theres food everywhere in the house or u have to cook or watch hubbies eating yummy junk foods. :(

shall we run away for the next 6 months and come back sane and focused??

Hi Sonya

I know what you're going through hun, it is sooo hard and yet so inexplicable when we falter - we are only human though and all we can do is learn from our mistakes! I've been doing a lot of thinking about how i feel after eating lately and after a binge i NEVER think i'm glad i done that. It's always regrets, depression, disappointment, frustrations etc etc etc... It's never worth it. And i'm trying to get myself into a habit of thinking "if i eat this, will i be pleased with my decision in one hour's time?" One hour is such a short time frame and for the pleasure of stuffing your face, the consequences are soooo not worth it. There is no benefit to binging whatsoever - apart from the pure joy of it whilst eating - but even then i tend to eat so quick i don't give myself time to enjoy it!!

Sorry i've rambled on, but binging is a big problem for me... and something i think about doing several times a day.

We can get over this Sonya!!!

You got that so right, we think we will enjoy it, but you gulp it down so quick you dont really taste it, then you beat yourself up over it.......

Oh well I must get back on the wagon, anyone wanna join me on the "get back on track wagon"

Oh Sonya. I am soooo proud of you!!

I hear so many people say "I've fallen...will get back on tomorrow" and I think Why tomorrow:confused:

Your weight loss isn't just for today. You've stopped eating now, so you'll have less to lose later. Be proud of yourself. That's one heck of an achievement.:clap:

Good on ya!

You will be fine mate , it is a hard thing , and like ive said maybe we need to stop this binging and focus on a treat instead , thinking of ss'ing for the next 99 days seems bloody mad , so break it down .

A treat is needed you have lost 4 stone mate and one day for u to enjoy something maybe what u need ????

Anyone else agree or am i talking out of my a** ????

Sonkie you have to keep telling urself that your looking flipping fine thou hun , cos i see you everyday and i notice the shrinking you day by day xxx

You're spot on Lucky - I really do believe in lots of non-food treats and rewards when you're doing this diet.

I made sure that in every grocery shop either I or my DH did there was something for me, be it flowers, magazine, bubble bath or body lotion, whatever, I always had something out of the shop.

I also had a reward for each half stone lost, didn't have to be an expensive gift, but I had something. It's important to remember yourself in all of this, be selfish if you must - not easy for mums, but make sure you do have some "you" time, make sure you congratulate yourself for each & every pound you have lost, each one is an achievement & be very, very proud of all your accomplishments to date.

You're doing so well Sonkie and many of us are proud of you & how far you've come. The binge has gone, just carry on fighting the good fight :)

i totally agree sam!!

u ought to have treated urself by now sonya...and ian ought to have too!! pull ur finger out and get something nice planned for urself!!!

ive broken it down into a stone at a time and dont think beyond that stone. i also take one day at a time. i just cannot think of it in terms of the next month or even week. baby steps.

hark at me...as tho im a seasoned SSer LOL. u 2 have wiped the floor with my butt so far!! still...just letting u know how im taking it now. kev has said he will buy me £50 clothes vouchers for every stone i lose so at the end i can go and have a blow out on a new wardrobe! £250 so far!! (cos i got 200 for my birthday) get ian to do that then we can go on a mad spree at the end lol. Im also getting clothes vouchers for mothers day, wedding anniversary amd so on. (see! i dont miss a trick to make more clothes allowance for myself :) )

its high high time u start thinking about urself and getting a little selfish mrs!! god knows u've earned it and deserve it so so much

xxxxx

xxxxx

LOL......yeh right Karen, my hubby has been buying himself loads of bits that he dont need....I just bought some stuff from avon for £12 and he did his nut..??????

On top of that we are supposed to be putting cash aside for when I will be unable to work, so I can have cash in my account for bills when Im in hospital, thats 1 downside of being self employed, though will be able to claim incapacity benefit.

:eek: :eek: so if u r meant to be saving...why is he getting treats? i reckon u can always find enuff cash for the smallest of treats. especially if he stops treating himself!! did he just lose 58lbs?? whys he getting stuff?? get him on this thread...we'll shame the bugger!!!

Well he got himself a laptop, headfones for talking to a german bird on skype, german books that he dont need, a map of germany.....?, folders, paper, and loads of stuff he dont need. I got myself some bust firming cream.....(I can hope, and try ) and anti cellulite firming body cream too, so I think there is a slight difference in treats there.

a german woman? u mean one of those language learning thingies?

kev is trying to become more fluent in french. he watches those french speaking progs on tele and it drives me bandy lol. he even listens to a french tape on his way to work in the car. my husband will always be a proud nerd. fine by me as long as i get my treats tho!!

Back to the grindstone

Hi

My name is Kirstie, this is the first time I have visited this website so not even sure I am doing this reply thing right. Don't beat yourself up about cheating, you are a strong person to keep going back to the diet. There are certain situations in life that force us to cheat, mine is when partner is at home (he drives me to food and drink LOL!), most other times I can cope. Had a few cheats on the diet (OK more than a few) but I console myself with the fact that I pick myself up (no mean feat), dust myself off and then get right back on that diet - it's all you can do. Keep up the good work

good attitude chillibub and welcome to minimins. hope we dont drive u to food but cant hold much hope that we wont drive u to drink lol xxxx

a german woman? u mean one of those language learning thingies?

He is learning german with the O.U. but he chats to a woman who lives in germany.....?
Now get this...you know how little we have bedfun so to put it, well a few weeks ago I thought I would surprise him by going to bed early....well he was already upstairs on computer......so off I went I got up there and nodded towards the bed.
Well imagine my stunned look as he mouthed she had just come online (unexpectedley) and he didnt want to let her down.....welll say no more I now know where his priorities lie.......hmmmmm!

Hi

My name is Kirstie, this is the first time I have visited this website so not even sure I am doing this reply thing right. Don't beat yourself up about cheating, you are a strong person to keep going back to the diet. There are certain situations in life that force us to cheat, mine is when partner is at home (he drives me to food and drink LOL!), most other times I can cope. Had a few cheats on the diet (OK more than a few) but I console myself with the fact that I pick myself up (no mean feat), dust myself off and then get right back on that diet - it's all you can do. Keep up the good work

Hiya hope you will keep visiting us on this site, we all help each other along ......thank goodness ! I dont get much support from hubby.

oh my god!!

well i know its personal mate but jesus...i wouldnt let kev use chatting to french women as an excuse to ignore me. hell!! i wouldnt let him use chatting with french women as an excuse to learn a language. funny...dont german men use skype? whats wrong with his text books and CDs like normal people? lol.

would be well unimpressed if i missed out on time together so kev could chat to other women. not impressed at all!!

not suggesting theres anything in it but i wouldnt accept the fact he turns u down so he can sit on the PC with another woman. i say all this as a woman who doesnt get jealous or unreasonable with things like this. i just think theres other ways to learn a language and much better ways to respect ur spouse!

do i sound silly? or over the top? u seem very casual about it so i dunno if its me being daft??

Oh dont worry I have said all this already, he even has her mobile no, and she has text him in german.....!
Well at the moment she is welcome to him, me and kids would be better off at mo, he always gets cal s temper going.....he thinks its funny....until cal lays into him.
She has sent a picture of herself too.

a photo will help him learn the language will it??? ok, does sound dodgy now!! and this is meant to help ur self esteem how???

all right under ur nose as well. like it dont matter what u think?? or ur position as his wife is nothing?? im telling ya, i'd smack someone!! (yes violence IS the answer!)

jesus im so annoyed! u r so lovely and special sonya and that bloke does sod all to make u feel it. grr!!

shall i pop round and we smash up his laptop together???

anyone know how to say "stay away from my hubby u dirty cow" in german??

Back