Ex-bulimics?

Laura_carlburgess said:
Hi all. Well i went for my two assessments (an achievement for me and only taken me 2 years) and i have been offered therapy for upto 40 sessions.

He sent a letter to gp (cc me in) which confirmed his review of my assessment and he confirmed that i have common eating disorder issues. Which have ranged from typical anorexia and currently displaying bulimic tendencies.

So my first session is on the 23rd august x

That sounds good, do you mind if i private message u i have a few questions xx

I just wondered whether you have tried checking out the local eating disorder services in your area?, I have a diagnosed binge eating disorder myself and I am doing an intensive course of dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) at the present, its more intensive than traditional CBT and is being used more and more for work with those with eating disorders. Dialectical behaviour therapy on eating disorder grounds is tough therapy , pretty in your face therapy but really brings about amazing changes if you work with it, I currently have one group session a week and one individual therapy session a week, its all free from my local eating disorder charity, of course you have to go through a thorough assessment and be deemed in need of such help but its well worth looking into the local eating disorder services. My group inc people like myself with binge eating disorders, those with compulsive eating disorders, people with anorexia and bulimia as whilst to look at the members of the group we look like polar opposities as some of us are very over weight and others very under weight mentally our eating disorders mean we have so much in common, very common thinking patterns and the group element whilst can be daunting really helps, there are only five members in my group and so its a small group and a safe environment to share your issues. Its always worth researching what services are available or asking a gp or psychiatrist etc. Em

Back