Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Hi DM, I do use a few "off plan" things and have just experimented to see what would be ok. I have avoided soy sauce because of the salt as was worried about retaining fluid, but a little shouldn't hurt. I have a bit of oil or butter for stir frying and do also have mushrooms, the odd bit of red pepper and the odd bit of onion too. These aren't on the list, but don't knock me out of ketosis if I have them in moderation. I use lots of garlic, ginger and chili in my veggies and stir frys also.

One thing I tried today, as I was really missing brekkie cereal, was I cut up a toffee bar in really small pieces and had it with a splash of skimmed milk in a bowl. It was yum. I am not sure if I am affecting the nutrients by doing it and am going to check, but it was a great substitute for brekkie and would use the milk allowance as well.

Great idea about the bar in milk for brekkie. Tried my first shake this morning and was really pleased. Not too sweet or artificial tasting like some I have tried. Am looking forward to trying the soups.

Vanda

Great idea about the bar in milk for brekkie. Tried my first shake this morning and was really pleased. Not too sweet or artificial tasting like some I have tried. Am looking forward to trying the soups.

Vanda

Good luck, Vanda! :)

I take it this means you have stopped "faffing" now?! :D

Thanks for that Sarah, i won't deviate too much from the plan but it's nice to add a little extra to make your food taste nicer.

Lisa

No am still faffing! Am spending some time gradually increasing the packs I have while increasing water and decreasing diet coke - so at least faffing with a purpose!

Vanda

Lisa

No am still faffing! Am spending some time gradually increasing the packs I have while increasing water and decreasing diet coke - so at least faffing with a purpose!

Vanda

48 lbs lost so you're obviously doing something right, Vanda! :D

Hope you are enjoying the packs!

I used to live on Diet Coke - couldn't get through the day without a 500ml bottle! But I hardly drink it nowadays. Think I've gotten used to drinking the "diet juice" (water!)

*knocks politely* Can I come in ere?:D I am starting Exante properly tomorrow. I tried the soup and a toffee, nut and raisin bar today and was pleasantly surprised.

Hi Lyn, welcome to the Exante board. We are a fairly small group but all very friendy and supportive.
I've been on Exante for 2 weeks now, the first week i did Total solution and now i'm on working solution which incorporates a little bit of food. Which programme will you be following?
Have you done a VLCD before?
Yes, the products are nice. I especially like the bars and the shakes...not too keen on the soups.
Anyway good luck with your first day tomorrow...you will be just fine, just stay focused and keep glugging at the water.

xx

Welcome Lyn to our little exante group. Good luck with the programme. I am sure you will do really well with it.

Feel free to ask any of us questions, as you tend to have lots, particularly in the early days.

*knocks politely* Can I come in ere?:D I am starting Exante properly tomorrow. I tried the soup and a toffee, nut and raisin bar today and was pleasantly surprised.

Hi Lyn, welcome to our little corner. :welcome2:

Hi Lyn

I'm only new to Exante myself (day 6) so can't give much advice but just wanted to say welcome and good luck with your weight loss.
Have you decided which solution your using yet?

Hi Lyn,

Welcome to the exante board! :)

Which solution are you doing?

Let us know how you get on. :)

Hi folks, thanks for the welcome. I was planning to follow working solution with a small meal in the evenings or at lunchtime. I have been on LL, LT, CD in the past, some more than once. My best success was my very first vlcd LL but I haven't managed to attain that success again.:( I guess I am still trying to find a plan that I can live with hence the 'experimenting' in my details lol.

Hi All, My name is Emily and I started Exante 5 days ago. So far it is all going well and have had no hic-up's. How are you guy's finding the VLCD diet? It is so nice to have found this forum and have people to chat to that are going through the same thing as myself. Looking forward to meeting and chatting to you all. Emily xxx

Hi folks, thanks for the welcome. I was planning to follow working solution with a small meal in the evenings or at lunchtime. I have been on LL, LT, CD in the past, some more than once. My best success was my very first vlcd LL but I haven't managed to attain that success again.:( I guess I am still trying to find a plan that I can live with hence the 'experimenting' in my details lol.

Hi Lyn, did you start today? How are you finding it?
At least having done these sort of diets before you know what to expect. They say the first time is the golden time but i don't agree with that. I also did CD a while back a lost a lot of weight (i'm even on the inspirational slideshow somewhere) but unfortunately i put the weight back on due to pregnancy. I am on week 3 now and more focused than ever...i'm just loving my self control. You will love WS, a meal is really something to look forward to:)

Hi All, My name is Emily and I started Exante 5 days ago. So far it is all going well and have had no hic-up's. How are you guy's finding the VLCD diet? It is so nice to have found this forum and have people to chat to that are going through the same thing as myself. Looking forward to meeting and chatting to you all. Emily xxx

Hello Emily, welcome to our board. Well done on getting through those first 5 tough days, that alone is something to be proud of. How are you finding it so far?
I'm really liking the diet now...initially i found it hard but i feel even more in control as time goes on. I still have a way to go but taking it one day at a time.

Hi Lyn, Well done on starting today. I hope that you have loads of support, to get you through, I know that the first few days are tough. Best of luck, am rooting for you. ;) Emily xxx

Hi DM, yes I have to agree the first few days are tough, but I did try to prepare myself before I started. I gave up all starch and dairy for about a week before I started my packs. I am on Total Solutions and I am finding it good so far. I am a chef and have had to teach myself not to taste or pick which for me has been the hardest so far. Wow well done you have lost 19lb thats fantastic. Take Care Em xxx

Hi DM, yes I have to agree the first few days are tough, but I did try to prepare myself before I started. I gave up all starch and dairy for about a week before I started my packs. I am on Total Solutions and I am finding it good so far. I am a chef and have had to teach myself not to taste or pick which for me has been the hardest so far. Wow well done you have lost 19lb thats fantastic. Take Care Em xxx

Hi Em,

Glad you are enjoying TS. I'm on TS this week and had a slight hiccup tonight (day before weigh in :( )

Being a chef must be the most difficult job to have if you're on a diet! That and professional food taster?! Well done for restraining yourself from picking. It must be really tough!

Good luck with TS this week.

Back