Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Hey Debs, welcome to Exante!

I seem to be the only one still here this week, so nice to have some company.

How are you doing on your first few days?

I am having a few sluggish days and think I am retaining water.

hi hun

I am doing ok, better today than yesterday, I think i will find evenings the worst as that is when i would pick at food.

I think that the working solution may be better for me though, I have also been looking at celebrity slim as they promote eating little and often and i have tried one of their shakes and i like the taste better than exante.:eek:

I will finish a week on exante before i make any decisions.

Are you drinking enough fluids to flush out the retention?

debs x

Yes drinking lots. Am ten weeks in and my TOTM has gone out of sync. So think it's just that.

Working solution is fab. I have been doing this since week five and am losing well.

Hellooo

sorry for the lack of being around...
Went home last wkend to my parent, I knew i was going to have to eat, but not how much... i tried not to have carbs but it meade my week a write off, i did weigh yesterday only 1 pound off... but still it's one

would love to say im doing better this week, but im not... fits and starts really

ive had a cold, i feel rubbish and im now making excuses.. i went to a works lunch today with some other radio stations, it was dreaded buffet, i ate minimally, but 2moro is another day xx

Hi Ceri

Glad to have you back again. As you say, tomorrow is another day.

Well done on still losing 1lb!

Put it all behind you and move on once you feel better.

new starter

Hello all. Can you give me any advice or help about using exante. I should receive my shakes tomorrow. How much water should I drink if I am only having 3 shakes a day?
I have been dieting all my life (!), and started at 19 st 4 about 4 years ago. I them did ww and got to 16 st 4, then I started lipotrim and got to 12 stones 10...however, I am now 14 st 8 and I need to do something before it gets out of hand! I have tried CS and CD but can't seem to stick to them for long so I am trying exante.
Please give me any tips and / or advice...!
Emma

Hi Emma

Welcome to our little Exante group.

Exante recommend that you drink 2 - 4L of water a day. I tend to keep a glass on the go all day and just keep drinking it slowly. I find it really easy to get 4L of water down. Some people don't need as much, but it's best to drink enough to keep yourself comfortable. If you don't drink enough you can get constipated!

Good luck if you do choose Exante. I love the products and you can see that I have been very successful with it. I have been doing the Working Solution for most of it and love the combination of meal replacements and an Atkins style low carb meal.

I've spent last hour or so viewing all the Exante postings & I like what I see so much so I've just order 2 promotional packs!! I'm so excited!!
Not sure how long they will take to arrive. Do you have any tips for the few days prior to starting that will help? I work 2 nightshifts per week how should I manage those days & nights? I plan to do Total for first few weeks - do I still have 3 shakes/soups per day? Sarah P when you split your packs do you just judge what half is or do you weight it? U make easch half with the same amount of water that you would use for 1 am I right? Sorry for all the questions. God I can't wait for them to arrive

Well done on ordering! The total plan is 3 or 4 packs, whichever you feel happy with. When I split the shakes, I just judged it by tipping out half the packet. I mixed them with almost the same amount of water as a full one, as I like them thinner than thicker. Make them with less water to start with and see how you get on. You can always add more water. Make sure you blend them to get them nice an creamy.

On the night shift days, I think I would treat it as a day time and spread the packs out across that time.

You should get your boxes on Weds (they ship them on a next day delivery). I would suggest that you try to cut down your carbs and sugar over the next few days. It will make the carb crash a lot better and will get you into ketosis faster.

I am sure you will get on fine with Exante. The products are nice.

Sorry to be a pain Sarah P but on a Monday for example I'm up at 7.30am with the kids and that is me up until I finish night shift on a Tuesday am so if I have all my shakes for a Monday during the day before I go to work should I have one in the morning when I get home? Then the rest when I wake after a couple of hours sleep? Should I buy ketostix or are they a waste? Thanks for taking the time to read this x

Hmm, I am not sure what to suggest on the night shift. To be honest, I would email the Exante customer services department and ask what they suggest. It's not something that I have come across. I think you might have to play around with different combinations and see what works for you.

Ketostix are great for checking that you are in ketosis, but only use them in the morning, or after you have slept as thats when you tend to have the most excess keytones. Don't use them everyday though as that would be a waste.

Hello all,

Well I have just received my shakes - tried the banana one and it is lovely, though I took your advice and split the packet. Think I may find it easier to have 6 lots of half shakes than 3 full ones!
I am aiming to drink 4 litres of water today - so I expect to be at the toilet every 5 mins!
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make the shakes in the morning, put them in a container and then drink them later in the day? Just wondering how I am going to make them at work - there is no mixer.
Emma

Well done on making the start. Banana is lovely.

You can't make them and store them as the nutrients break down. You should consume them within 15 mins of making them. Could you take your hand blender to work? You can buy cheap hand blenders in tesco for 4.50. I would buy one and keep it at work if it were me.

Thanks. Out of interest, how much exersize do you do? The reason I ask is that I lead quite a sedentary lifestyle - I am a teacher so I don't do much exersize at work and by the time I get home I am shattered;)
I know, I know...excuses!

Emma, I used to be just like that. Didn't walk anywhere and never exercised. But then I got a dog!

I walk about 1.5 - 2 hours a day. Have been doing that from before I started Exante. I love it.

If you could just get out for a walk at lunchtime or before work, it would help. To be honest, once you are in ketosis, you will probably find that you have so much energy that you won't know what to do with it. So a nice evening walk will do you the power of good. Pray for a nice summer!

Thought i'd resurrect an old thread seeing as we are all here to support one another.

Well today is my third day on Working solution and loving it so far, have only had some chicken and salad the last two nights as it needed using up, but looking forward to experimenting with fish and maybe some quorn.
I've been splitting my packs in two to make them go further, so far my menu looks like this

9am; Half a shake
12pm; Half a shake
2.30pm; Half a soup
5.00pm Half a soup
8.00pm Low carb meal of chicken and salad
9.00pm Bar

I find i'm not using the milk allowance, i only drink milk in tea and coffee and i'm too full up with fluids to drink any more.
Looking forward to my weigh in on wednesday.

How are we all doing today?

Hi DM. The working solution is fab isn't it. It's only simple food, but it's just nice to look forward to each day.

I wouldn't worry about not having the milk as you will be getting your nutrients from the packs. I only use about 1/5 of a pint each day also in tea.

Try experimenting with your veggies also. One think I like to do it steam cabbage, broc and cauli and then throw them in the wok with a teaspoon of butter and some garlic. They are lovely. I also grill courgettes on the health grill and they are lovely too.

Mmmm those veg sound lovely Sarah, i'm doing a shop tonight so will buy some lovely fresh veg and give it a go.
Need to stock up on some fizzy water too, i find a glass in the evening a nice change.
I'm definately liking the working solution!!

Hey Sarah, just wondered if you use ingrediants that aren't officially in the list? Ie, last night i had courgettes, broccoli and mange tout fried in the wok with a very small amount of olive oil and soy sauce and my word it was delish! Much better than the plain salad and veg i have been having.

Back